ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
First race in the go karts and am furious ! so hard to control its unbelievable. Had to restart 5 times before I was happy and won the first race. getting stuck on a barrier and you end up going from 1st to last in seconds.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ive found that there is usually 1 opponent that is always trying to beat you and always comes second if you come first. The trick is to put him in the tyre barrier on the first lap and that way there is no way of him winning the tournament.

Ph 1 172
This game has zero middle ground... it's either insanely f**king frustrating not being about to get on the racing line because of my poor driving skills or it a the most satisfying game ever when you hit a lap and virtually all of it is on the limit of what I can do...... Loving it so far ....defiantly getting the thrustmaster fx for the Xbox one though... Purely becuasr it has detachable steering wheels and you can buy an f1 wheel... And also add gear stick and handbrake on

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ignore my earlier comments the handling is actually pretty good and after a few races it feels great.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Also as if the talking in the back ground when at a british track or loading is the guy who actually does the commentary LOL

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 250cc Superkarts are lots of fun, they don't half move too!! Only issue with them is that they are a joy to drive during practice and qualifying but twitchy and nasty during the race, I'm guessing this is due to low fuel load so they are lighter.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Its awesome I just need to have a serious play with the settings for the wheel to get it all perfect. Handlings spot on in my opinion though im breaking far to early at points lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
How does one change the AI difficulty. Had the option come up once but after doing the first round of the Clio Cup it's too easy so wanna ramp it up a bit.

Ok so I gave in, I'm weak. Bought it t this afternoon, skipped the Karts, just won the Formula rookie world championship and heading for Ginettas next season, it's just bloody fantastic

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like everyone is getting used to it now then? Pretty tempted.

Not seen much mention of tuning? Everyone going on about handling etc and controller dead zones has anyone tried playing with the cars too?

Inferno 225 cup
Sounds like everyone is getting used to it now then? Pretty tempted.

Not seen much mention of tuning? Everyone going on about handling etc and controller dead zones has anyone tried playing with the cars too?
I think you'd like it mate, the details on the cars and the way they drive is brilliant.

+ you're dab hand at driving games.

Not seen much about tuning.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Na you can't tune, I haven't seen anything yet anyway. You can change a hell of a lot of settings on the cars though. I tend to get a bit lost after the likes of camber and spring rates, so I just ignore them and leave them alone, lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think you'd like it mate, the details on the cars and the way they drive is brilliant.

+ you're dab hand at driving games.

Not seen much about tuning.

I've got a few more night shifts then I'm off for 3, I'll blatantly end up buying it anyway lol. Definitely buy a hard copy so I can sell if I don't like though.

I thought the tuning was meant to be even more in depth than Forza, so you can change camper and spring rates at least then.

Inferno 225 cup
I've got a few more night shifts then I'm off for 3, I'll blatantly end up buying it anyway lol. Definitely buy a hard copy so I can sell if I don't like though.

I thought the tuning was meant to be even more in depth than Forza, maybe they will bring it out with an update or something :confused:. Be gutted if there's no tuning whatsoever, not even tyre pressures and geometry?

Yeah there's tyre pressure and the likes, I've just not had time to get to grips with it all.

The Clio cup cars are fantastic though :)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone recommend a decent stand for a wheel, Decided to stump up for a Thrustmaster for my XBO and after a decent but cheapish stand. Been looking at the Wheel stand pro but any other recommendations?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Anyone recommend a decent stand for a wheel, Decided to stump up for a Thrustmaster for my XBO and after a decent but cheapish stand. Been looking at the Wheel stand pro but any other recommendations?
Respect man, that wheel costs more than a new xbox one.
Im quite tempted myself, was thinking of getting a second hand racing seat, and using some tubular metal join the seat, pedals and steering wheel together.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Whats up with getting told to pit on the first lap of a race. Yeah, as if that is going to happen in a 3 lap race FFS - do they think you are stupid!

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Never had so many bugs in a new game before in my life. Crazy amount of glitches for a game that was delayed for so long.
Finally got a rhythm with the clio cup cars. Was awesome at one point. Qualified first, won first race then on the second I had no hud at all so didn't know what gear or what lap etc. wtf.

And go back to RWD cars and it's still impossible lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How do you get to Clio cup racing, I have done the karting, then the Ford focus RS and now im back in bloody 250cc karts somehow.

also has anyone noticed how when you go off the track the wheels of the car point in the opposite direction to where you are steering and usually force you into going into a barrier.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Never had so many bugs in a new game before in my life. Crazy amount of glitches for a game that was delayed for so long.
Finally got a rhythm with the clio cup cars. Was awesome at one point. Qualified first, won first race then on the second I had no hud at all so didn't know what gear or what lap etc. wtf.

And go back to RWD cars and it's still impossible lol
Did it not appear again when you pressed left on the D pad?

Ph 1 172
The formula A cars sound ducking insane..... Also I love the attention to detail of being able to have a button to turn the ignition and ttgen fire the car up with a different button

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I have to admit, now that I have gotten used to the way the game handles I'm loving it! It's the only racing game I've ever played where I genuninely want to practice and get better at. Rather than just drift about all over the shop like a berk!

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Anyone know why I couldn't select career mode on ps4? Only had single race/practice. 1st impressions are the handling is good if you want realistic feel, found the graphics and detail of the tracks looks unfinished.

Not convinced yet

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Have you the option for "New/Load"?

You need to go to "new" not career to start a new career.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

I'll find out what my mates got later.