ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

SQ5
I set up my controller according to a link a few pages back and everything seems good.

Tested using Clio Cup, first lap horrendous, then after that grip was awesome felt really good.

Then used on the karts and it's so so twitchy with steering. Need to play around a little more

The most common issue I have is where the steering applies full lock in the opposite direction, can be really annoying!
I thought I was the only one! Its done this to me on Xbox about 8 times in 5hrs play.

Another glitch I had was in interior view the sun strip in my ruf porsche kept having a fit, flipping colour.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm doing a lot of online racing and every host thinks he's a driving god. Most lobbies have all assists off, full damage on and mechanical failures on. It's just a few laps of everyone driving into each other or skidding off the track. Did the ring in the A class Merc at night, with two broken headlights, lol couldn't see a thing so had to leave. I do like that car though, very tail happy but I find it a bit more forgiving than a lot of other 4WD/RWD cars.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just finished the first Clio Cup race at Donington. 2nd in the first race (thought I had to pit 😞), then 1st in the second race, fastest lap around 1:18.375.

Enjoyed it although I need to put the difficulty up as the AI was doing 1:21's.

This is after all yesterday afternoon sorting out the settings, solving the PC cutting out completely (cleaned the dust out today) and trying to get my tablets working properly with Hud Dash. Turns out Hud Dash needs an update to the PC software that sends the data to the tablets which the creator is working on. Currently it updates the tablet display every 3 seconds or so which is not too bad for lap times/positions, but not so good for a rev counter/speedo!

Snetterton can wait as it's tired me out now.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still undecided as to whether or not to get this. I don't think the other half will allow a wheel setup in the living room, until I get rid of my fish tank :( so it'd be a control pad setup for me.

Swift Sport
YouTube videos of the game look ace, with the added bonus of loads of UK circuits... Looks like a modern version of the old TOCA game.

RS Clio 182
Its intriguing the very contrasting comments on this - lots of people saying its amazing but some are saying its unplayable. Imo its probably going to be my favourite ever racing game,it just has a certain 'feeling' about it - reminds me of the first days with Gran Turismo 1 and obviously the first TOCA because of the british circuits - havnt been on Oulton Park or Snetterton since then! And they look amazing in this game,espeically the lighting.

I dont care for the karts at all,not what i bought the game for,but they are fun for a bit if you can avoid the AI and get some good laps in - i wouldnt be bothered if i didnt use them again though. There are some cars i just CANT control,such as the Lykan & the old Lotus open wheeler - i dont know if this is a pad issue or the car.

And then theres cars that are a joy to drive with the pad - the old BMW touring car for one. Cant wait to do a championship in it.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Played for abit

I think the graphics and noises are awesome

Im not blown away by it, default settings for handling are awful

Il play some more maybe tomorrow, but im not hooked

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think there's an element of emperors new clothes to it. If gran turismo or forza had released it, we'd hear nothing but criticism (justifiably) about a very small car list, very poor controller integration, bugs, laggy performance and just plain weird handling.

RS Clio 182
I think there's an element of emperors new clothes to it. If gran turismo or forza had released it, we'd hear nothing but criticism (justifiably) about a very small car list, very poor controller integration, bugs, laggy performance and just plain weird handling.

But the actual 'feeling' of driving in this blows those you mentioned out the water - ive played racing games since the early 90s and nothing has matched driving the Nurburgring in helmet cam with the sun setting like this game. Despite the various glitches and bugs,they have got some things absolutely spot on with PCars.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Its a love and hate relationship for me, it can be so engaging having to take into account reduced braking points and turning the wipers on when the rain kicks in, then getting better grip again and everything changes when the rain goes away. But at the same time its really annoying when it can be all too easy to lose control of a car for no good reason, or especially when the glitch occurs with the steering and it takes you off track, hopefully these are teething problems which will get sorted out, but as a few have said before, for the number of delays this had significant issues like that really shouldn't be there.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
But the actual 'feeling' of driving in this blows those you mentioned out the water - ive played racing games since the 90s and nothing has matched driving the Nurburgring in helmet cam with the sun setting like this game. Despite the various glitches and bugs,they have got some things absolutely spot on with PCars.
Even if that's the case (and I personally don't think it is), some of the issues just ruin it.

The lag during the formula rookie race at Oulton was appalling. And the merc a45 (4wd) seems to behave like it's rwd on remoulds.

Feels like it's only 70% finished.

RS Clio 182
I dont get why people are saying its unplayable..ive not experienced any 'major' game-breaking bugs in the first 10 hours. Ive won a couple of races in the Clio and if i spin out,its my own fault. It doesnt help that the first time someone plays on it,youre on cold tyres...which means you have to tip toe around for a lap before they warm up.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
The only issue I've had so far is sometimes the car will just turn left and I can't do anything to alter it's course. Otherwise I'm having great fun in the clio cup series!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I tried a couple of time trials earlier with the ghost of the guy who was at number 1 on the leaderboards and it was impossible to stay with him, lol. Every corner he hit was so perfect and very fast.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm starting to enjoy this now that I've tweaked and tweaked the settings until I've got something that works reasonably well in terms of Xbox One controller settings (but playing on the PC version). A quick video I put together last night. Nothing spectacular as I was still playing with the settings but it was fun :smile:

Why are you short shifting every time?!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm starting to enjoy this now that I've tweaked and tweaked the settings until I've got something that works reasonably well in terms of Xbox One controller settings (but playing on the PC version). A quick video I put together last night. Nothing spectacular as I was still playing with the settings but it was fun :smile:

Sounds incredible, Looks ok, but the handling looks like a complete disaster.

Goliath I
I'm enjoying I so far, but the whole controller issue is a bit of a pain. I've gone with default 3 but I'm not sure what everyone else is using (XBONE, Pad)

The engine sound is great, but where's the tyre squeel? No feedback in the triggers?

I'm liking the little things like the helmet cam which is awesome, also being able to raise your seat up and down is pretty cool. The AI competitors give no f**k about giving way. The whole weather, time, day, night race editing is pretty cool. The cold tyres thing is a love/hate relationship... You hate it when you fly off the track because of it, you love the fact that you've actually got to put heat in the tyres first!

And I've not even started the career yet!

SQ5
Well after deciding to buy as a friend had two copies I love it!

Taken a few times getting controls right, but half the fun is learning the new controls. I have just done the first karting races, once you get a track nailed it's so rewarding trying to beat lap times.

On Dubai Autodrome I got down to 57 seconds, no idea if it's good but I was getting 1:00-1:02 then banged that in. How do you check times against others?

Not had any bugs at all yet, just very difficult turning with flicking back and forth and spinning out.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Pheads thread is interesting. Seems to be a split between those that can ignore/accept the bugs and enjoy the game, and those that can't.

Is anyone else getting horrendous slow down/lag at Oulton? Island corner in particular.

SQ5
Pheads thread is interesting. Seems to be a split between those that can ignore/accept the bugs and enjoy the game, and those that can't.

Is anyone else getting horrendous slow down/lag at Oulton? Island corner in particular.

I had it at Dubai, makes it hard to judge speed, especially on short distances between corners.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
How do games get released in that state? Why aren't issues that everyone experiences dealt with beforehand?

Golf R/Leon FR
I've had one bug on the PS4 with the sound not working on a free practice in a Formula A car but that's it. No lag etc.

I'm enjoying I so far, but the whole controller issue is a bit of a pain. I've gone with default 3 but I'm not sure what everyone else is using (XBONE, Pad)

The engine sound is great, but where's the tyre squeel? No feedback in the triggers?

I'm liking the little things like the helmet cam which is awesome, also being able to raise your seat up and down is pretty cool. The AI competitors give no f**k about giving way. The whole weather, time, day, night race editing is pretty cool. The cold tyres thing is a love/hate relationship... You hate it when you fly off the track because of it, you love the fact that you've actually got to put heat in the tyres first!

And I've not even started the career yet!
Yeah. Agree with your comments.

As for trigger feedback, @SharkyUK posted links to troubleshooting threads a few posts back. It says to update your controller firmware. Basically plug your controller into the Xbox and it updates the software in the pad (Google how to do it). I need to try it myself. Supposed to cure it.

The game Should really say on initial launch "please ensure you have latest firmware bla bla"

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Why are you short shifting every time?!
I'm not mate. It's on auto gearing because what you don't see from that video is my constant pausing and restarting of the game as I dicked around with the settings. That's why there isn't a whole continuous game stream as I was constantly pausing and restarting. I've not even attempted to start any 'serious' racing yet.

Sounds incredible, Looks ok, but the handling looks like a complete disaster.
With the right settings and patience it's playable on controller more or less I think now. It will benefit from some tweaks and patches. On a decent steering wheel and pedals though... it's pretty damn good. Probably the best driving sensation I've had of any game... and I only had a very brief go on a mate's setup.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
This whole setting up the game to get it to your preference is starting to grind me, I got it ok with one car, then switched to another and then a kart and it feels completely wrong in those

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I think the majority of issues for the console users stem from the fact that almost all the development testing and ore release alphas were all PC based. They should if had a dev testing program running for next gen consoles as soon as they announced it was coming to them. Would of saved all this pissing about.

Also, as a side note. People are forgettting that these guys are a small team and don't have anywhere near the funding or bodys that the like of T10 etc have so in a way you can understand why the game isn't 100% perfect, at the moment. The Dev team are working hard on sorting all the issues and glitches as soon as though, focusing more on the console versions

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That's a poor excuse tbh. Given the hype, and that they're charging the same as others there's no excuse for a buggy unfinished release.

Golf R/Leon FR
I've been tweaking my PS4 pad settings and have found ones that are spot on. I have tried them in a few cars and I'm getting a fairly consistent feel every time.

Input mode 3
Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 10
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 60
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 60
Speed Sensitivity - 75
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 30