ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

How do you get to Clio cup racing, I have done the karting, then the Ford focus RS and now im back in bloody 250cc karts somehow.

also has anyone noticed how when you go off the track the wheels of the car point in the opposite direction to where you are steering and usually force you into going into a barrier.
Look at my little video a few posts back. Sounds like the same thing you mention about steering you opposite to where your actually steering.
Is it the same issue we both have?

Clio 1.2 16v
any PS4 players out there don't play with @Liam. We did a lap round Silverstone yesterday and he rear ended me out while braking for the last corner. Noob tactics.

The games good though, challenging to say the least but gives you a sense of accomplishment nailing a corner without spinning out

RS Clio 182
How do you get to Clio cup racing, I have done the karting, then the Ford focus RS and now im back in bloody 250cc karts somehow.

also has anyone noticed how when you go off the track the wheels of the car point in the opposite direction to where you are steering and usually force you into going into a barrier.

When you start a new career you can bypass karting and start straight on the Clio cup. Im just coming up to finishing my first season - very mixed results - did really well at Snetterton (3rd & 1st) and Brands Hatch but not so good at others. Does anyone lose it in the Clio on that downhill sections at Oulton Park & Donnington? I had real problems with it,one little touch on the stick there and i was off! Im not sure whether its the car or i need to tweak the pad setting even more..

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I really enjoyed the session night. When it's going good it's incredible, intense and thrilling.
Occasional glitches are a fly in the ointment, but the game is going to be superb when their ironed out.
This bugs the most annoying for me. About 8 times it's happened, the wheel just turns full lock left with no input from me, no matter how hard I steer right it just stays locked left for 2 or so seconds! See video below. In go kart, recorded via camera phone.
The go kart around donnington was brilliant fun!! [emoji41]

Have had this exact thing happen to me loads of times, bloody annoying as it always seems to happen when you are trying to correct yourself from going off.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've never had a simulation game before and the first few hours I was struggling but I just got in a few road cars and did lap after lap on Silverstone to get used to warming the tyres up and just general driving with damage and manual gearing etc. One thing I did notice and I'm not sure if it's my noob-iness is that I'd turn in for a corner and it would oversteer so I'd put some opposite lock on and I'd just spin out!

Not sure wether to buy this yet, seems pretty poor after such a delayed wait
Well..... look at it this way.

It is buggy and we are all complaining, yet all of us are still playing it and none of us have turned it off and said "f**k this I'm selling it"

Even though it's buggy I'm still playing it because beyond the bugs it's amazing! When their sorted it'll be superb.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
PS4 or XboxOne chaps?

Worth getting without a wheel?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Iv had to turn the steering assist on for the controller, im all over the place if not. Opponent difficulty is up to 90%.

In the Clio Cup Champ i qualified 5th at Donnington and placed 4th on the first race and 9th in the second after the mechanic 'fumbled' a nut in the pits !!!!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
any PS4 players out there don't play with @Liam. We did a lap round Silverstone yesterday and he rear ended me out while braking for the last corner. Noob tactics.

The games good though, challenging to say the least but gives you a sense of accomplishment nailing a corner without spinning out
Nothing short of an outstanding photo finish IMO

Clio 200 Raider
Im using these pad settings for ps4 seems fine to me was unplayable for me before this

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 0
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 40
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 60
Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 30
Controller Preset Mode: 3
Apply Soft Steering: On
Apply Visual Filtering: Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help: Off

Two 0 Shitx
Can someone tell me where the quick menu button is please? Keep having to exit session to edit control settings

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So baffled by the love for this. Bought an xbox just for this, honestly the worst racing game I've played. Physics are all over the place, once car starts to slide there's nothing you can do about it. Example racing the e30 at Spa, car slides. I've got full opposite lock on, and cars going in completely the opposite direction. So I wait, and because it's on a gradient the car keeps turning left. At 5mph. While I've got full right lock on?!?

Constantly freezes while loading races. Maybe it's better with a wheel, because with a controller it feels worse than gt5.

Clio 200 Raider
For me on ps4 ive had 2 bugs:
Loaded up a mclaren p1 on silverstone and booted me back to ps4 menu with error message. Never happened since

2nd bug when going into thr pits when the ai took over it wouldnt pit kept going into a cone which seemed like a brick wall and kept reversing and going forward so had to restart

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The most common issue I have is where the steering applies full lock in the opposite direction, can be really annoying!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm starting to enjoy this now that I've tweaked and tweaked the settings until I've got something that works reasonably well in terms of Xbox One controller settings (but playing on the PC version). A quick video I put together last night. Nothing spectacular as I was still playing with the settings but it was fun :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm really enjoying this now that I've fiddled with the settings. It's very unforgiving though, once you've lost it...you've lost it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Been messing about in the Ginetta Junior this morning I'm struggling to make it round the entire California highway with out blowing my engine up. :blush:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Me too! I feel like I want to use a wheel over the pad but is it going to be worth it for a play every now and again gamer?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So baffled by the love for this. Bought an xbox just for this, honestly the worst racing game I've played. Physics are all over the place, once car starts to slide there's nothing you can do about it. Example racing the e30 at Spa, car slides. I've got full opposite lock on, and cars going in completely the opposite direction. So I wait, and because it's on a gradient the car keeps turning left. At 5mph. While I've got full right lock on?!?

Constantly freezes while loading races. Maybe it's better with a wheel, because with a controller it feels worse than gt5.

Sell it to me..? ;).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tweaking the controller settings helps. But then there's the lag.

So

Much

Lag