ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Product testers wanted!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Dave - Rob, Ant and I will probs do a day at The Unit with this stuff. Keep an eye out and we can clean the Golf as well ;)

Will do, planning on getting a new family wagon shortly so plenty of test panels. Can bring down a few other bits like desire for you to compare.

Has everyone missed this post then and presumed I was just being funny?

I did see it, but didn't think admin are too impressed with the p!ss taking lately with closed or deleted post etc so didn't contribute

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm also wondering. I've got everything ready bar the wax! I've even got a filthy car now for a before and after

Hi All,

I am waiting for a couple more of the 20 to send through their addresses please include a contact number or an email address this is purely for the courier so you know when to expect your parcel.

Waiting for:

SI-182
-J-
Ash
Knuckles

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
yheryjyn.jpg

Mines arrived, thanks

Where will we need to post the reviews?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ahh this is what the text was about. I delayed it until Monday as I thought it was a pair of shoes! Dammit

Oh, also, on a positive side of things, Spirit's smell instantly brought about a sense of nostalgia. Not sure which product it smells like, but it took me back to my earliest detailing days of 2004!!

Yeah have to say I was impressed by that. Presumed it was another package that arrived today that was sending those texts!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So I have tough coat and spirit. Never used a sealant on paint before apart from the wheels. Should the spirit wax go on then the tough coat? Or just straight on with the tough coat?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Just to mention I'm doing this now so any help appreciated. From reading things and looking at the guide on the AF website it appears it's just straight on with the tough coat. But then surely they are wanting the wax to be used also?

Cribert if they are wanting people to test the wax id use it alone maybe speak to them first.

Maybe do a comparison with tough coat though so you have something to compare it with in the review.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cribert if they are wanting people to test the wax id use it alone maybe speak to them first.

Maybe do a comparison with tough coat though so you have something to compare it with in the review.

Cheers yeah ill probably do that. Tough coat on the bonnet and the wax on the rear bumper. There ain't much wax though, I'm hoping it goes far

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you want to use both a wax and sealant together, it is generally sealant first then wax over. But my use showed that a single layer of spirit will last longer than a single layer of toughcoat so putting spirit over toughcoat will typically shorten the life of spirit to match that of toughcoat. But toughcoat is as easy to use as a QD so easy to add additional layers giving better gloss and protection.

use them on separate panels, or I always liked to split the car down the middle and do one side with one product and the other side different to get a direct comparison

there sample pots are normally 15ml? should easily coat a clio with that

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you want to use both a wax and sealant together, it is generally sealant first then wax over. But my use showed that a single layer of spirit will last longer than a single layer of toughcoat so putting spirit over toughcoat will typically shorten the life of spirit to match that of toughcoat. But toughcoat is as easy to use as a QD so easy to add additional layers giving better gloss and protection.

use them on separate panels, or I always liked to split the car down the middle and do one side with one product and the other side different to get a direct comparison

there sample pots are normally 15ml? should easily coat a clio with that

Thats what I'm planning.

stripping everything off, OC on one side, spirit on the other.

they also sent me some hide conditioner. I'm lucky the gf has full leather!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I Noticed in the civic, it has a heated leather patch on the drivers side centre consol, in the foot well... For which I have utterly no idea. Who gets into a car and thinks 'you know what, I could do with a warm left shin'

/ballhard

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If you want to use both a wax and sealant together, it is generally sealant first then wax over. But my use showed that a single layer of spirit will last longer than a single layer of toughcoat so putting spirit over toughcoat will typically shorten the life of spirit to match that of toughcoat.

Thats interesting! What sort of timescale are you talking about?

I found 1 x TC on bare paint didnt last long, but 2 x TC as a mid layer between Prime and a wax lasted ages!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I consistently saw 5.5 / 6months from spirit. Whereas toughcoat best I got was 3 from a single layer. Topping it with a wax both would last longer than 3months but water behaviour dropped off quicker than the wax on its own