ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Product testers wanted!

Possibly yes. Ill look more into this but a lot of these primers are fillers no?

Yes. But that's the point. They'll have optical enhances in them, with AF tripple being one of the best I've tried, for gloss and ease of use.
There is only so much shine you can achieve with a perfected paint. Lacking swirls and contaminants is fine. More shine = more optical enhancers.

Give amigo or tripple a go next time, post polishing, pre LSPing. Guarantee you'll be wowed.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yes. But that's the point. They'll have optical enhances in them, with AF tripple being one of the best I've tried, for gloss and ease of use.
There is only so much shine you can achieve with a perfected paint. Lacking swirls and contaminants is fine. More shine = more optical enhancers.

Give amigo or tripple a go next time, post polishing, pre LSPing. Guarantee you'll be wowed.

Im gonna go and get some AF tripple now:). You've convinced me!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'll get it in time for the wax. Should go nicely together. Every day is a school day with detailing

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Ah I didn't realise! Would u say the rejuvenate is good enough or should I get the tripple?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on the condition of your paint. The cleansers will brighten your paint but it doesn't contain fillers like tripple. Both provide a good base for wax

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'll await the AF reps reply and see what they want done. Tripple is being bought though, that's for sure.

thanks for the help. Your trophy is amazing mate, different league really

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Applicators, new microfibres ordered.

Dodo Supernatural hybrid on standby to do the 50:50 with.

AF, are there a number of coats you would specifically like, how often would you strip and put another coat on, how often would you like us to report back and when do you want a final piece?

G

Applicators, new microfibres ordered.

Dodo Supernatural hybrid on standby to do the 50:50 with.

AF, are there a number of coats you would specifically like, how often would you strip and put another coat on, how often would you like us to report back and when do you want a final piece?

G

I think that's down to you, fella.

Cribert, if James and the team have supplied rejuvenate, I'm willing to bet that's the base they want, but would be happy to a comparison to other product bases.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thought as much. Don't want to supply data which is useless to them.

I think I'm going to do, wash (DJ supernatural), clay (bilthammer soft and DJ born slippy), prewax (revive) and then 2 coats of my normal wax and AF. I wash my car weekly so am after tips on how often I should reapply another coat and how often to strip it and rewax.

Thought as much. Don't want to supply data which is useless to them.

I think I'm going to do, wash (DJ supernatural), clay (bilthammer soft and DJ born slippy), prewax (revive) and then 2 coats of my normal wax and AF. I wash my car weekly so am after tips on how often I should reapply another coat and how often to strip it and rewax.

That'll be part of the testing and reporting, chap. How does this wax stand up to daily drivers, look on garage queens, protect cars that sit in industrial units and are subjected to large amounts of fallout etc.

Re topping up, up to you, but I tend to top up a decent wax (Carbon for example) every three months, after a wash and initial 2-3 layer application. Strip down every 6. But it depends on what this wax is aimed at. Shows/looks where it'll last a matter of a few months, or longevity, 3-6 months.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Is there any left?

Just collecting my my new car today and will be doing a proper detail on it (as good as I can do any how) so will have a perfect base to do the tests with.... Will be on a mercedes in tansanite blue which has lots of metallics and pearl in it.... Can also compare with sealants ifrequired and also have many other af products to use with it....

Is there any left?

Just collecting my my new car today and will be doing a proper detail on it (as good as I can do any how) so will have a perfect base to do the tests with.... Will be on a mercedes in tansanite blue which has lots of metallics and pearl in it.... Can also compare with sealants ifrequired and also have many other af products to use with it....

List of lucky testers on the previous page, Malice.

I'm going to run it with Rejuvenate and Tripple on the roof of mine.

Already got Zymol Vintage and C2v3 on the bonnet!

Similar Andy; Tripple with Carbon'd roof, C2V3 rest of car with Sonax top ups on certain areas to test beading and looks... real mix, so might strip down fully at Scrooges at some point, but will defo be testing over a few glazes and in comparison to other LSPs.

Similar Andy; Tripple with Carbon'd roof, C2V3 rest of car with Sonax top ups on certain areas to test beading and looks... real mix, so might strip down fully at Scrooges at some point, but will defo be testing over a few glazes and in comparison to other LSPs.

I bet that's funny when it rains, looking like a patchwork car!

Maybe we should get a thread going at some point with some comparisons and conclusions.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Good idea chappers.

Best write up gets another present, aye AF ;)

hopefully this isn't like normal where people get the product and run!

Oh oh well was worth a try :(

wanna come come help detail my new car jd lol

I'll take your old V8 off you in return ;) What are you getting pal?

I bet that's funny when it rains, looking like a patchwork car!

Maybe we should get a thread going at some point with some comparisons and conclusions.

Very much so lad! You'd laugh!

hopefully this isn't like normal where people get the product and run!

Yes. I definitely haven't had any new to detailing forum users PM me asking how and when to apply ;) Lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm looking forward to this. I've been looking for a reason to give mine a good going over, now it's getting colder it's just the wash stage I don't enjoy.. :(

Ant, when's wax-day?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'll take your old V8 off you in return ;) What are you getting pal?

Very much so lad! You'd laugh!

Yes. I definitely haven't had any new to detailing forum users PM me asking how and when to apply ;) Lol.

old v8 has problems engine problems :(

new car e55 amg :) bigger v8 with a supercharger :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No offence to the lucky ones but some IMO just seem more interested in a free product than genuinely testing it, I do however look forward to reading what I hope are some good thorough reviews.

I didn't enter as my write up would be rubbish and my knowledge base is very limited.

But after 2 years do AF really need people testing Spirit? Or does it suit both parties.

"That Spirit was really good i'll buy a big pot". Call me a cynic.

Be great to hear peoples thoughts none the less.

I just feel the range isn't special enough, maybe it's the pots or the fact there are too many waxes. Performance wise Spirit is worth it but these days I think waxes need to feel special aswell as perform well.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Kev is right. I really enjoy waxing, like really enjoy it so a wax that smells great, looks great, comes out of a nice pot and make you I ooo as you're applying it onlyake the experience even better.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't expect anyone to agree, was merely my opinion of some waxes. It only a wax right enough, maybe I should get out more. :eek:

That's what makes Zymol attractive. Their waxes are far from the best and they are old school in nature, but... they have that feeling. I love SV shield, I even applied it to my Frp under Glasur. Glasur was a nightmare in comparison but I still loved it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Spirit is a good performing wax, it just doesn't hit that spot in comparison to some in a similar price range. Don't leave it on too long before buffing off, although probably won't be too much of an issue this time of year

Spirit is a good performing wax, it just doesn't hit that spot in comparison to some in a similar price range. Don't leave it on too long before buffing off, although probably won't be too much of an issue this time of year

Dave - Rob, Ant and I will probs do a day at The Unit with this stuff. Keep an eye out and we can clean the Golf as well ;)