ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
172beast said:
Tom/Sneeks, have you physically tried it yourselve?
Not tried it but read several comments from people who have. Apparently the installation files are not the correct type required for our Symbian OS.

Let me know how you get on with it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As far as im aware 2.x software isnt either forward or backward compatible with 3.x and vice versa so there isnt anyway it would work.

Unless of course there are 2 sis files on the card, but that would add 4mb+ to the package. And more importantly it wouldnt allow them to make money out of 3.x owners.

Nobody has suggested that there is a nav system that works with 3.x as yet. im using my P910i and tomtom in the car. rarely use my n80 tbh.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/route66-navigate-7-review.php

Looks jolly nice. Maybe there is a 3.x version in the works.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Given that it specifically pictures the N80 & N91 as compatible devices on their official website now, i'd say they've produced a signed version for the V3 OS.

I'd would this that you have an older version of the installer.

Citroen DS3 DSport
sn00p said:
Given that it specifically pictures the N80 & N91 as compatible devices on their official website now, i'd say they've produced a signed version for the V3 OS.

It wouldn't be the first time they have incorrectly pictured phones that are not compatible.

Citroen DS3 DSport
This was posted on another forum:

"Just receive message from route 66 they said it does not support N80 and working on a new one for it will release soon"

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sneeks said:
This was posted on another forum:

"Just receive message from route 66 they said it does not support N80 and working on a new one for it will release soon"

f**kwits. They may as well have put a picture of noddy and an ice cream van in the list of compatible devices then!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
FYI the old route 66 was a bag of shite.

But if your desperate for nav and hate maps then i suppose its ok.

172beast

I've just been using TT Mobile on my old 6670 when I've needed it but to be able to use the high quality screen on N80 would be lot better, looking forward to TT Mobile coming out for it.

R66 I found alrate, used it on my old old 6600 and liked it, not as good as Tomtom tho!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm thinking of buying the hard crystal case for the N80 in order to keep it in good condition for the next 18 months, only costs £5 from Ebay. Anyone own one of these or able to tell me if it gets in the way of using the phone or not?

http://tinyurl.com/rht26

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that's maybe worth considering too. I'm told that the Nokia Service Centre will fit a new housing for £35 if I ever need one.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
A present for all you guys that wanted an auto key lock. Is the best your get at the moment.

Attachments

• AutoLock_v1.0_for_S60_3rd_ed.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 66
  Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
d'oh. lol. Oh well. Hadnt read it for a while, so must have missed it. lol. My bad. Anyone downloaded worldmate. Gives you up to date weather and cool world time.

172beast

Just tried Route 66 version 7 for those interested, installed the folders in the folders on the MMC card, defo doesn't work, N80 doesn't recognise it!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
If you got to tools, settings, display and turn sleep mode to off it stops it flashing. However it wont obviously go into sleep mode then, just stays on the screen saver. Which i prefer, as was getting annoyed with having to open it to wake it up to see if i had any messages.

172beast

Yeah I leave it on, helps with battery, it turns everything off tho including bluetooth so I find that if I'm at home, it'll go into sleep mode then when I wake it up it'll automatically sync with PC again cos PC thinks its been away and come back lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm very happy with the battery life so far, I could easily have the phone last 3 days with moderate use.

Golf GTI 1.8T
the annoying thing with the battery is...if your going somewhere the next day and say one bar has gone then to be safe you have to give it a charge cos once that first bar goes the rest seem to dissapear pretty quick.

I really need to get a car charger.

172beast

Mines like that when theres 3 bars left, they just vanish very quickly but then it'll stay on 1 bar forever lol had it running nearly a day before it dying completly on 1 bar, weird

mk5 VDUB polo
yeh i was trying to sleep and it just kept flashing at me. seemed to light up the whole room. i'm really pleased with the phone think it's great. i've found the battery life to be pretty good, probably wont be for long, i charge my phones every night lol. messes my batteries up

Citroen DS3 DSport
I also charge my phone every night so that I know the phone is definately going to last the day. These batteries do not suffer from memory problems so it will do no harm.

The light never bothers me at night but I do often get distracted by it while watching TV, it always seems to attract my attention at the corner of my eye.

Golf GTI 1.8T
172beast said:
Mines like that when theres 3 bars left, they just vanish very quickly but then it'll stay on 1 bar forever lol had it running nearly a day before it dying completly on 1 bar, weird
exactly the same, when it got to 1 bar the other day I was worried, but it lasted the rest of the day, would be better having a % counter imo.

I turn my phone over at night so the led dont flash on the ceiling, its quite bright in darkness.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
moan moan moan!!!! LOL

if the battery is low charge it!! simple

we do nice car chargers on the market mitch LOL

172beast

ollie_gozzett said:
also, is there any way of locking the keypad when its closed without having to slide it up then down again?

Read the thread, theres links to key lock apps earlier on!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i read that you can't turn the wifi off, thats rubbish, big drain on battery power for something you will rarely use!

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ doesnt the wifi kick in when you search for a wifi access point and then turns off when you exit the app using it?

andy how much mate?