ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i went into an o2 store and paid £130 for the handset. They are reducing my tariff to £20 a month for 500 minutes and 300 texts and giving me free line rental for 2 months! result!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Clart said:
i went into an o2 store and paid £130 for the handset. They are reducing my tariff to £20 a month for 500 minutes and 300 texts and giving me free line rental for 2 months! result!
I guess the 500 mins & 300 texts is for the life of your contract? if so that seems really good :)

It's a good phone, the battery life sucks, if I've been texting the girlfriend a lot and speaking to her in the evening then I pretty much have to charge it up otherwise I know that the next day it'll die sometime. Not so much of a hassle, I pop it on charge before I go to bed.

One annoying thing is it announces the fact that it's charged with a beep and turning the LCD backlight on!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
£35 delivered for a 2gb off ebay. its the a-data card so it will defaintely work with no crashes etc

Citroen DS3 DSport
My only problem with using Ebay is that I no longer have a Paypal account and will never open one again. Tis a shame because I often see things I'd like to buy.

my n80 on 3 arrived today.. free upgrade.. 12 month contract.
£15 for 6months then30 for 6 months 500 any network and 500 textsfree. :)

need a bigger memcard. :-( I have tom tom and speedcamera detection.. i also have 0-60 software, digital sppedo stuuf and 1.4 tools. rather amusing lol.
cheers for the reviews etcon here, swayed me in to this phone.

172beast

How do you have tomtom?! Its not realised for the N80 yet? Whats this other stuff you speak of? Have you tried all these apps yet on the N80? If there not spefically for S60 3rd edition they won't work!!!

Adams_16v said:
(star)(hash)0000(hash)

v3.0617.0.6 is the latest

mines on: 3.0618.0.2

Ahh i didnt realise tomttom wouldnt work.

Luckily i have a 6680, when the phone arrive this morning 3 sent a pay as you go sim card wth £2 of crdit.. so can keep tom tom etc going on that.

typical. lol
is there a TOMTOM upgrade in the pipeline?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Hopefully TT6 will be released before the end of the year.

Your firmware version is correct for use on the 3 network.

andy_con said:

the lastest firmware is v12.04 sw3.0618.0.2

Sorry for sounding dumb but how do I load up the latest firmware to my N80? without going through 49 pages of this thread. Cheers

172beast

Good advice hehe don't bother moving em to My Folders, still be slow, best off deleting em regular. Mine got slow and was still slow after deleting 1000+ text, just backed everything up on PC Suite and did a hard format (turn phone on while holding "*" "3" and "green") and it made it super quick again, only takes couple of minutes to.

Citroen DS3 DSport
As much as I love the N80 I'll more than likely sell it when the N73 is released and change to that, purely cause I prefer the keypad to be visible at all times.

not got mine yet, need to ring O2 and get them to send me one but im not paying more than £50 for it.

Might be changing to Orange

Golf GTI 1.8T
172beast said:
hard format (turn phone on while holding "*" "3" and "green") and it made it super quick again, only takes couple of minutes to.

do you lose all you music, pics, apps etc. spose you could move them all to the card and remove it before doing so.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sneeks said:
As much as I love the N80 I'll more than likely sell it when the N73 is released and change to that, purely cause I prefer the keypad to be visible at all times.

stand in the dark more :rasp: lol I wouldnt change a phone for such a petty reason but spose it should be optional in the set up.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I brought it back from the dead today :) It was feeling lonely as everyone was in the SE thread instead :(

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
SE!!!! come on people get a life.

lets all buy that fast skoda!!!! no, its still a skoda!!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm in need of another Nokia fix which is probably why I'm now looking at the N73. If I can find out when it'll hit the UK sim free then I'd make arrangements to sell my N80. I've heard the screen is not quite as good but far better than the 6630.

A vRS?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I'm in need of another Nokia fix which is probably why I'm now looking at the N73. If I can find out when it'll hit the UK sim free then I'd make arrangements to sell my N80. I've heard the screen is not quite as good but far better than the 6630.

A vRS?

vrs porbably LOL

ive seen the n73 in action, not a bad fone. Didnt notice anything bad about the screen but i was outdoors!!

u should wait for the n93 gona be the daddy

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm mainly interested in the N73 due to the standard look and keypad access. I'm not a huge fan of sliders or flip phones. Don't mind them but I'd prefer the N73 layout. The N93 does indeed look like a very good mobile.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I think I'm gonna open the box of my spare N80, its gonna be sexual! :)

is there anyway of deleteing to prioritising (enough i's in that word haha) the predictive txts dictionary?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
im still waiting to see if the n93 is too big or flimsy. currently using a crap 7210 with w PAGY sim in it. i hate it.....!!!

iv read the screen res is slightly lower, but its still a v good screen. but the cam is the main strong point.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im using an E61 for the minute, still waiting for my p990i.
(i had to give the prototype back :dapprove: )

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Tom said:
Im using an E61 for the minute, still waiting for my p990i.
(i had to give the prototype back :dapprove: )

You had a p990 :eek::eek::eek:

Thsi is what im waiting for but the release dat keeps slipping......what did you think to the size?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
J273 said:
You had a p990 :eek::eek::eek:

Thsi is what im waiting for but the release dat keeps slipping......what did you think to the size?

Its the same size as my old p910i. bit thicker with the flip and thinner without. Awesome bit of kit, the translator that uses the camera is cool

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
ahhh thats good then i had a p800 and p900 which is similer size to the p910....its just some pics ive seen of it it looks huge.

Do you know of a release date?.......ive seen the pre orders on expansys and play.com but im gonna wait on til its actually released i think

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
J273 said:
ahhh thats good then i had a p800 and p900 which is similer size to the p910....its just some pics ive seen of it it looks huge.

Do you know of a release date?.......ive seen the pre orders on expansys and play.com but im gonna wait on til its actually released i think

August is 100% as its just been passed by the FCC (which means shipping is days away)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Tom said:
August is 100% as its just been passed by the FCC (which means shipping is days away)

Ahh brilliant..not too long ......thanks mate

B-road bully
has anyone compared a n80 screen with a k800, i kno the res is real high on the nokia but my se is pretty decent too.. is their much difference between the two??

Citroen DS3 DSport
I wouldn't think you'd really notice much of a difference. The SE screens are usually very good.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
D"w!Z said:
has anyone compared a n80 screen with a k800, i kno the res is real high on the nokia but my se is pretty decent too.. is their much difference between the two??

The comparison is meaningless tbh. but quality wise the k800 wins