ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

172beast

Wifi is only on when your using it, theres a icon that appears, when you stop using it, it switches off. Battery life isn't a problem, if your using wifi it does go down fast, as you'd expect, use it normal day to day things it'll last a few days easy, well mine does anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The only time I've ever checked for wifi is by using the check for wlan connections option, I've never activated the auto search

mk5 VDUB polo
i got to page 9....lol but thanks. where is mobile TV aswell. i got a 30 day free trial but i can't find where to use it. says i have to pay for it on the web

mk5 VDUB polo
someone posted a msn messenger app. earlier.....i can't for the life of me find it. could you please post it again if possible. thanks

Citroen DS3 DSport
My N80 also lasts forever when on the last power bar :) Used video and photo mode lots tonight after a full days use of the phone (several texts and 2 hours of phonecalls) and it quickly hit the final power bar. Several warning messages telling me battery low yet the phone continues to work 3 hours later despite more phonecalls and photos. Very impressed.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ollie_gozzett said:
someone posted a msn messenger app. earlier.....i can't for the life of me find it. could you please post it again if possible. thanks

you didnt look very hard did you, its in the first 10 pages LOL

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
172beast said:
Wifi is only on when your using it, theres a icon that appears, when you stop using it, it switches off. Battery life isn't a problem, if your using wifi it does go down fast, as you'd expect, use it normal day to day things it'll last a few days easy, well mine does anyway.

wifi is enabled *permanantly* on this phone, you cannot switch it off. You can only lower or disable the scan time (which does make a slight difference to battery life) but the wifi itself remains powered.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Clart said:
is it ok using the keypad to have conversations?

I havent tried on agile msn yet, but on the other one I had it was fine but only on one conversation really, bit annoying to keep changing between convos.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
I havent tried on agile msn yet, but on the other one I had it was fine but only on one conversation really, bit annoying to keep changing between convos.

moan moan moan LOL

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
just been offered an N80 as an o2 upgrade - 500 anytime mins & 300 texts for £20 a month - but the phone itself is £110. Seem like a good deal?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Clart said:
just been offered an N80 as an o2 upgrade - 500 anytime mins & 300 texts for £20 a month - but the phone itself is £110. Seem like a good deal?

very good price for the contract, but I wonder how much the phone is on that contract if it wasnt an upgrade. cos orange wanted £129 on upgrade but it was £50 on new contract with same mins and txts.

Golf GTI 1.8T
right....wtf is packet data connection on hold and why does it come up everytime I make a phone call and go *bleep* in my ear grrr :mad:

172beast

Just read on another forum that theres another firmware release thats come out for the N80, as for details not sure! Don't think I'll bother updating firmware again as I'm happy with the one I'm using at mo, doesn't crash or owt.

Citroen DS3 DSport
From what I read the new firmware '3.0618.0.2' adds nothing new other than support for the 3 network.

mk5 VDUB polo
sorry to slide slightly off topic but does anyone else have an endless amount of w*nk problems with nokia audio manager!? getting on my nerves now!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
Nice one :) That's even newer then. Has anyone confirmed if this is real or another hoax firmware file?

the lastest firmware is v12.04 sw3.0618.0.2

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
grrrrr, o2 upgrades say end of july before they have stock. Can't find anywhere that has them cheap on orange either! WASTERS!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Never trust o2 upgrades. Speak to Retentions and threaten to cancel if they are not able to get you a N80 now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Clart they will be keeping the stock for new customers. I'm surprised they did not give you a N80 when you asked for your PAC code.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Got my phone yesterday, well impressed so far.

Biggest plus point has to be the wifi for me although i need to sort out sharing folders on my pc, seems to drop the connection quite a lot which could be due to the size of the folder. Also read about problems with 2gb memory cards, the brand to go for seems to be a-data. Others such as mobymemory and sandisk appear to crash a lot etc

Thumbs up from me!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Clart said:
Got my phone yesterday, well impressed so far.

Biggest plus point has to be the wifi for me although i need to sort out sharing folders on my pc, seems to drop the connection quite a lot which could be due to the size of the folder. Also read about problems with 2gb memory cards, the brand to go for seems to be a-data. Others such as mobymemory and sandisk appear to crash a lot etc

Thumbs up from me!

Did o2 come around or did you have to go elsewhere?