ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Me too!

Mobileshop had a few in (I think) but it's now gone back to pre-order for May 2nd. Everywhere else states May.

If you're on o2 you might be able to get a good deal on one on upgrade. A year or so ago they were gearing up for a potential takeover by Telefonica and were trying to keep as many customers as possible and apparantly the retentions dept is still offering good deals.

There is a long topic about it here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=74041 Start from the end and work backwards though as the first posts are a year old.

Clio 172mk2
spoke to o2 last week they have it set for launch on the week comencin 15th may. so they`ll be takin orders from then i think. no price as been set yet though

Clio 172mk2
nah carnt see it been over 200, maybe 150. When the v3 came out that was 400-450 on sim free, and that was sold for 200 on contract. the n80 is around 400 on sim free so 150-200 would be my gues . o2 will prolly charge 200 for first month then drop it by 20 quid

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
biojo said:
the n80 is around 400 on sim free

Got a URL?

Cheapest I've found sim free is around £520, although it's more than likely that the price of this will drop when people start getting in large quantities of stock.

Monaco 172 2/468
Looking like my next phone is this one too :cool:

I'm with o2, and was hoping to get it free with my £30 contract :clown:

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
ive been waiting for this phone for a long time, but ill wait till end of june mayb july. and get it free.

Monaco 172 2/468
BluePete said:
I shoulda got a free 6 months upgrade waiting for this phone, taken ages lol

I've just been waiting since the start of March, so I don't feel so bad lol :cool:

Golf GTI 1.8T
it has been released according to www.gsmarena.co.uk which have all the release dates and info etc.

but the companies havent released it yet.

I'm due for renual on 13th May so might have to hold on for it, but theres no way I'm gonna pay a penny for it!

Clio 172mk2
it has been released in certain countries , and they was shipped somet like last week to o2 and other uk providers, vodafone will prolly release it next week , followed by o2 a week later , hopefully with enough stock

SLK 350
Right just spoke to O2 upgrades/retentions on 0800 0288151 (freephone). The release schedule for the N series are as follows on O2:

N91 - 15th May
N80 - 22nd May

No pricing structures are available just yet, but calling in a weeks time should get results. Those are CONFIRMED dates.

Cheers.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
carphone have the n91 in now, but they are out of stock (funny that).

i have phoned them everyday for the past 4 days and they have been out of stock

Golf GTI 1.8T
just phoned orange and they are still f**king waiting on it grrr

and they havent even got the 6280 yet, next week maybe. ive got mate who got that 2 months a go!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
just phoned orange and they are still f**king waiting on it grrr

and they havent even got the 6280 yet, next week maybe. ive got mate who got that 2 months a go!!!

Wouldn't get one from orange, it'll have the cack orange modded firmware and that cripples most phones they supply! My mate had a symbian based phone from orange (he was one of their 3g trialists) and he hated all the rubbish they put on it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sn00p said:
Wouldn't get one from orange, it'll have the cack orange modded firmware and that cripples most phones they supply! My mate had a symbian based phone from orange (he was one of their 3g trialists) and he hated all the rubbish they put on it.

very ture, but an option is to get it flashed with unbranded software.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
There's also e2save.com who are a brand of carphone warehouse, they have some good deals.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sn00p said:

yeah true, they put this stupid shortcut sidebar on it which is proper w**k and gets in the way of your background pic :( might move to 3, just dont trust them.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
dont go on '3' mate!

signal is toss!!!! custs out all the time when its switching 3g/2g as well

cant wait to go back to O2!

Golf GTI 1.8T
^^ yeah I'm scared of going to 3.

anyone that needs to ring up other people to sell there contracts is s**t imo!

andy that sound great cheers, gonna wait for them to release it then ask for another 100 mins free and ill be happy.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
im on 3 and have been from day one and i totally disagree with these claims. they are cheap, create signal and great phones (nokia are the best i have found)

MK2 Clio V6 255
M1TCH said:
yeah true, they put this stupid shortcut sidebar on it which is proper w*nk and gets in the way of your background pic :( might move to 3, just dont trust them.

You can remove this mate, its in the settings, think its called Active standby.

In settings-Phone-Standby-Active Standby

Mini Cooper S sport
Just been to the Carphone Warehouse, they said they'd had some in.....and sold them all :(

I'm ringing O2 on Monday, I want that phone!!