ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Golf GTI 1.8T
just phoned orange, they dont know when the N80 will be out, all they know is its this month.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
N91 is at cpw now. Most stores have stock.

Its very slow, god knows how bad the n80 is going to be.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
sneeks said:
I'm told it will if you have the correct modification to the TTM software.

Like a total recode? The new 3.x/9.1 phones may look like the old series 60 phones but the OS is vastly different.

Dont expect TTM5 or 3.x/9.1 Soon, if it does emerge before TTM6 id be surprised.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Tom said:
Like a total recode? The new 3.x/9.1 phones may look like the old series 60 phones but the OS is vastly different.

Dont expect TTM5 or 3.x/9.1 Soon, if it does emerge before TTM6 id be surprised.
I certainly share your viewpoint which is why I said I doubted the accuracy of what I'd been told last week. I also think TTM6 will be the first version to support S60 3rd edition phones.

Mini Cooper S sport
Ibanezman said:
My mate rang o2 this afternoon and they said N91 18th May and N80 8th June !! :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :dapprove: 8th of June!???? f**king b****cks.

I am just about ready to stamp on my phone, it's so s**t! Grrr, that has pissed me right off. Maybe it'll be out on Orange first then, but I doubt it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm considering forgetting about the N80 & N91 for now and instead accepting a deal which o2 offered me this morning. I have the choice of the Nokia 6280, 3250, N70, SE W810i or the XDA Mini S for free and 500 xnet anytime mins and 500 texts for £20 per month.

What you think, is it worth taking this deal?

I was told the N80 would cost me £129.99 on upgrade and the N91 £199.99

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I'm considering forgetting about the N80 & N91 for now and instead accepting a deal which o2 offered me this morning. I have the choice of the Nokia 6280, 3250, N70, SE W810i or the XDA Mini S for free and 500 xnet anytime mins and 500 texts for £20 per month.

What you think, is it worth taking this deal?

I was told the N80 would cost me £129.99 on upgrade and the N91 £199.99

is a good deal, but is it the phone you want???

with my n91 i got - £50 for phone, 250mins x network and 100txs.

ill never use the minutes anyway so not that bothered. £35 per month

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the only two problems i can find with the phone at all are -

no camera flash

the controls for the mp3 player dont have lights on so of a night you cant see them

but apart from that its out of this world :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I tend to use all of my text and minutes allowance so for me £20 p/month is a great deal. I was considering the 3250 rather than the N70 due to the newer symbian OS but I'm not sure which will be the better phone.

SLK 350
Well like i said i phoned O2 yesteray afternoon at 3pm and was firmly told that both the N80 and N91 would be released on May 22nd.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Ok I think I'll choose the N70 for now on the £20 p/month deal from o2. 12 months from now I'll move to the latest N series which by then should have plenty of software available for it and have reliable firmware.

The N70 should be a good upgrade from my 6630.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
Ok I think I'll choose the N70 for now on the £20 p/month deal from o2. 12 months from now I'll move to the latest N series which by then should have plenty of software available for it and have reliable firmware.

The N70 should be a good upgrade from my 6630.

not much difference between the two, but is a slight upgrade to a 2mp cam i suppose

well i phone my local nokia service centre and they told me they have had no reports from nokia about the n91 or had anyone bring a n91 with a fault.

but if i get a fault i can just flash the phone myself so dont bother me LOL - one of the perks of being a mobile phone geek

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've ordered the Nokia 3250, from what I can gather the N70 is not greatly different from my 6630 and not worth upgrading to.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I would have waitied but I do not think I'll get offered a N80 at a cheap price, I think demand will be huge for it. I'm not prepared to pay £130 for one when I can get a free phone instead which will offer me alot of the same features and the same OS. The features it lacks I'll not really miss as the 3250 is capable of everything that my 6630 can do plus more.

12 months from now I'll be able to get teh N80 for free on upgrade.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I should have mentioned that I'll get 14 days to decide if I like this phone so I do not need to keep it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I would have waitied but I do not think I'll get offered a N80 at a cheap price, I think demand will be huge for it. I'm not prepared to pay £130 for one when I can get a free phone instead which will offer me alot of the same features and the same OS. The features it lacks I'll not really miss as the 3250 is capable of everything that my 6630 can do plus more.

12 months from now I'll be able to get teh N80 for free on upgrade.

i would go for the 3250, does everything the n70 does, just looks better.

i mean at the mo 7610 n70, 3250, 6630 there all pretty much the same no real difference.

just make sure you get a phone with a flash, the flashes are really useful.

Citroen DS3 DSport
andy_con said:
just make sure you get a phone with a flash, the flashes are really useful.
That's the one thing the 3250 does not have :D

The N70 has a flash but I don't think it works very well, certainly nowhere near as well as the new breed of camera phones.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
umm was just looking the 3250 does not have a flash where as the n70 does.

i would probably go for the n70 then, as it does everything the 3250 does but has a flash.

the n70 can still play mp3s, just buy a 1gb mc

if you get the 3250 you would need to buy a 1gb mc as well

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thanks Andy. I think I'll try out the 3250 and see what I think. I keep reading that the N70 OS is very sluggish whereas the 3250 uses the newer processor as found in the latest N series phones.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
Thanks Andy. I think I'll try out the 3250 and see what I think. I keep reading that the N70 OS is very sluggish whereas the 3250 uses the newer processor as found in the latest N series phones.

try it and let me know LOL

Mini Cooper S sport
sneeks said:
This morning o2 retentions told me the N91 will be released in June and the N80 late May.

That's not so bad, I guess I can hang on for another week or so *sigh*. I can't believe I've been waiting for this phone since last October, it's doing my head in :dapprove: I hate waiting for ANYTHING.

Golf GTI 1.8T
^^ i was told today that they have it, but its still in testing and will be out sometime in may...?

Clart said:
I'll probly get an N80 after having a 6680 currently. Would really miss having tomtom!

exactly same position as me!

andy_con said:
the n series use a different form of OS so make sure you get the right tomtom app for the n80.

none of the normal symbian apps work on the n series

tomtom off my 6600, 6630, 6680 works on 2 of my mates n70's ??!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Guy said:
exactly same position as me!

tomtom off my 6600, 6630, 6680 works on 2 of my mates n70's ??!

the n70's fine but wont work on n80 or n91

differenct os system

but they will do software that works on these phones

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
^^ i was told today that they have it, but its still in testing and will be out sometime in may...?

I cancelled my orange order from a third party yesterday and ordered direct from orange (yeah, I'm aware of possible firmware issues), cheaper and better contract!

Got email this morning saying that my order has been processed succesfully and that it'll be with me within two days.

Afaik on orange it's scheduled release date is the 15th, monday.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I picked up the k750 instead as I couldn't be bothered to wait anymore and got bored of the N series styling and am very impressed with the quality of the camera. It's only 2mp, but that's not all that's important when it comes to picture quality.

Sony have a much greater knowledge and experience with digital cameras and I'd assume that'll come into play when designing the camera. The 3.2mp Cybershot in the k800 (I think) will be something special...

If you wanted SE, why didnt you get one of the new ones? The K750i has been around a year, cant wait to get rid of mine!