ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next... Clio V6 or White DC5?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
When i change early next year, i've narrowed it down to these two. After looking at older cars (S4, E30 M3, S15 etc) it's definitely going to be a 05/55 plate of either car.

The DC5 would be Championship White and the V6 would be either Acid Yellow or Black.

They both will cost about the same for a minter, about the same to insure (i checked) and roughly the same to run i reckon. My cousin has a DC5 and never gets more than 25mpg. lol

Anyways, what would you do?

Opinions/help would be appreciated

Ta

Personally I'd go for the DC5, as its something different from a clio and a reliable make. Nothing wrong with the V6 though!

Supppose it depends if you can find a minter

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I know, i've been in our kid's. It feels so much more solid and screwed together... and the noise! Awesome.

German Barge
difficult choice chis,

i had a v6 - loved it. Was by far the "tartyiest" car i had, and i loved getting into it and driving it - real wow factor.

But, it wasn't quick, and was a little annoying with the 2 seater issue, and its not that great on fuel to be honest.

I have owned a P1, and a new age STI - so both quick saloon/coupe's, and the P1 was my favourite of all of them. Practical in respect to size, and seats - fuel consumption, maybe not ;) but a blast to own.

I am now driving a Cup, and i really notice the difference in insurance, running costs, and general maintenence.

If i had the choice to sell the cup again, i would love another V6, but it wouldn't opted for one, simply as it didn't tick all the boxes - all show and no go.

I would go for a DC5 all day long, if i had the money again. I am looking at E36 M3s for next year, as since buying my first house (hense the cup) i can't afford 10k cars for a while :(

Hope you chose wisely :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
difficult choice chis,

i had a v6 - loved it. Was by far the "tartyiest" car i had, and i loved getting into it and driving it - real wow factor.

But, it wasn't quick, and was a little annoying with the 2 seater issue, and its not that great on fuel to be honest.

I have owned a P1, and a new age STI - so both quick saloon/coupe's, and the P1 was my favourite of all of them. Practical in respect to size, and seats - fuel consumption, maybe not ;) but a blast to own.

I am now driving a Cup, and i really notice the difference in insurance, running costs, and general maintenence.

If i had the choice to sell the cup again, i would love another V6, but it wouldn't opted for one, simply as it didn't tick all the boxes - all show and no go.

I would go for a DC5 all day long, if i had the money again. I am looking at E36 M3s for next year, as since buying my first house (hense the cup) i can't afford 10k cars for a while :(

Hope you chose wisely :)

Great advice fella, cheers!

I remember speaking to you on msn when you had the Scoob.

I really don't know tbh, i love the way the DC5 drives and the cool factor of the JDM-ness. lol But the V6 has it on looks, easily. :S

German Barge
indeed it does chris...

i used to have people come over to me everytime i stopped in the V6, and ask me what it was...

I think the clio v6 will hold its value, especially the MK2's and thats always a postive, but then i can't imagine the DC5s to drop in price either... look at the DC2s for example!

It depends on what you want it for Chris, i wouldn't have a V6 for everyday use... too special, and attracts the wrong attention, and you will always park 2 miles away in tesco's from from the entrance, and constantly turn round to check its ok ;)

I would go for the DC5 - ok, it won't be the best looking of the two... but its will be the one you'll keep... V6s seem to change hands all too often, simply a car that you "must own before you die", whereas the DC5 will be more rewarding long term, and definately give you a better thrill as a drivers car.

Another thing, as you own a lovely looking 182, you'll always feel familiar with the V6 - so sometimes change is good??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I would say DC5 better to drive, V6 better to own. But parts (from what Fred has mentioned) can be very expensive with the vee, as are the major services. Most people I know that have driven the Teg's tend to prefer the dc2.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
v6 is such a nice looking car will stand out more than the dc5 (to the people who aint in the know) but if i had the two side by side id go for the dc5 as imo itll be the better car jst wont turn the heads like the v6 would.
depends what your after i supose if your happy enought with the pace of the 182 the v6 would be fine.

cock mobile.
PM MCU_V6 or something like that.

He's owned both, got rid of the V6 to get what he called, a proper car, lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
indeed it does chris...

i used to have people come over to me everytime i stopped in the V6, and ask me what it was...

I think the clio v6 will hold its value, especially the MK2's and thats always a postive, but then i can't imagine the DC5s to drop in price either... look at the DC2s for example!

It depends on what you want it for Chris, i wouldn't have a V6 for everyday use... too special, and attracts the wrong attention, and you will always park 2 miles away in tesco's from from the entrance, and constantly turn round to check its ok ;)

I would go for the DC5 - ok, it won't be the best looking of the two... but its will be the one you'll keep... V6s seem to change hands all too often, simply a car that you "must own before you die", whereas the DC5 will be more rewarding long term, and definately give you a better thrill as a drivers car.

Another thing, as you own a lovely looking 182, you'll always feel familiar with the V6 - so sometimes change is good??

aye, i totally agree as it would be my daily driver. 25 mile commute a day

I would say DC5 better to drive, V6 better to own. But parts (from what Fred has mentioned) can be very expensive with the vee, as are the major services. Most people I know that have driven the Teg's tend to prefer the dc2.

i've heard that too, yeah. thanks for the info. :)

D..C..5 car planet have one in ;)

i'll call on my way home tonight and have a looksee, cheers!

v6 is such a nice looking car will stand out more than the dc5 (to the people who aint in the know) but if i had the two side by side id go for the dc5 as imo itll be the better car jst wont turn the heads like the v6 would.
depends what your after i supose if your happy enought with the pace of the 182 the v6 would be fine.

totally. i really like the pureness of the Teg though, and the rarity factor works for either of them really

PM MCU_V6 or something like that.

He's owned both, got rid of the V6 to get what he called, a proper car, lol.

lol

will do

i cant comment at all on the way they drive, but out of wow factor (looks wise) i would have the v6, especially if you want it in acid yellow

iv only ever seen 2 v6's, both in black, and they definately turn heads and have massive road presence

its hard to say, as i dont know you, but i think you could look back and regret not getting the v6

ben

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Chris i'll give you a shot when i'm down! - I'm sure it'll settle the choice

Ok, having driven the Dc5 and owning the Vee they are Very different.

I'm surprised you found the insurance the same, Bearing in mind the Teg is JDM and insurable to a 'few' company's the vee will come up on all uk insurers and for me the teg was 2211£ and the Vee 871£ call it just over a grand for the 12 months.

The teg is more common in aberdeen, mayb not down south, It's an amazing car to drive and will BEAT a vee in near std trim. On a long run it will get more than 25mpg - closer to 35 apparently the Vee will do 31-32, but lets be honest if you buy either car you can't make MPG a priority

Around a track the DC5 will win, on tuning the DC5 will win, on Overall rarety it will win. It's quicker through the rev's and the options for tuning and the parts available are vast.

However if you bang it, or someone hits you, its parts from japan, and honda dealers do NOT like the DC5.

I could of had a DC5 for 13-14k, i would only have black, like stoddie's just bought.

I'm guessing your aware that the 05 plate DC5's are the facelifted model? - Therefore they incur a greater Tax!!! Considerably more actually.

Stoddie may be coming down with me on the 18th in his Teg, you'll be able to see both up and close.

IMO - the Vee wins everyday, today i went out and put 4£ of fuel in it!!! - All i wanted to do i go for a drive!!! - Never had a car like that!

ALi

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chris i'll give you a shot when i'm down! - I'm sure it'll settle the choice

Ok, having driven the Dc5 and owning the Vee they are Very different.

I'm surprised you found the insurance the same, Bearing in mind the Teg is JDM and insurable to a 'few' company's the vee will come up on all uk insurers and for me the teg was 2211£ and the Vee 871£ call it just over a grand for the 12 months.

The teg is more common in aberdeen, mayb not down south, It's an amazing car to drive and will BEAT a vee in near std trim. On a long run it will get more than 25mpg - closer to 35 apparently the Vee will do 31-32, but lets be honest if you buy either car you can't make MPG a priority

Around a track the DC5 will win, on tuning the DC5 will win, on Overall rarety it will win. It's quicker through the rev's and the options for tuning and the parts available are vast.

However if you bang it, or someone hits you, its parts from japan, and honda dealers do NOT like the DC5.

I could of had a DC5 for 13-14k, i would only have black, like stoddie's just bought.

I'm guessing your aware that the 05 plate DC5's are the facelifted model? - Therefore they incur a greater Tax!!! Considerably more actually.

Stoddie may be coming down with me on the 18th in his Teg, you'll be able to see both up and close.

IMO - the Vee wins everyday, today i went out and put 4£ of fuel in it!!! - All i wanted to do i go for a drive!!! - Never had a car like that!

ALi

got your text cheif. cheers!

yeah, i'd be after the facelift Teg, although i didn't know about the tax! :(

let me know when you're down, i'll come to meet you:D

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
How do they stack up on performance & handling etc against each other ?

Ive jus had a bit of a look on the web for images of the Honda, hmmm tough choice both great cars by the looks of things.

Sure youll be happy with whatever you decide on mate, either way it will have to be tip top condition to keep up with your current standards !

VRS
dc5 all the way, a lad near me has a champ white running circa 260bhp and it doesnt half shift

i wouldnt even contemplate a vee to be honest fella

LY V6 with Recaros
Tough choice! Both great cars, but I think the vee will have more of a wow factor, especially in acid :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If it was me Chris, I'd easily split the two between what I wanted from the car itself. When I'm out in Jain's V6 (even as a passenger - lol!) - there is a sense of occasion. You get looked at. You get loads of thumbs-up and a lot of praise. It sounds great and looks good to boot. Is it a good drive? Yes, and no. I've always said that if I had to take my 182 or the Vee on track - the 182 would be my choice. It's more suited to cruising on motorways and the odd A-road blat than being flung into corners like a 182 is.

The DC5 however, would be a driver's choice, imo. You may not get the same attention from Joe Public, but I'm sure it would put a bloody big smile on your face! I'd also hazard a guess that it would be safer to park up and leave as well - even if the DC5 is appealing to the scallies....

Now if you included an Evo into the equation........ now then! :approve:

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How do they stack up on performance & handling etc against each other ?

Ive jus had a bit of a look on the web for images of the Honda, hmmm tough choice both great cars by the looks of things.

Sure youll be happy with whatever you decide on mate, either way it will have to be tip top condition to keep up with your current standards !

cheers! :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If it was me Chris, I'd easily split the two between what I wanted from the car itself. When I'm out in Jain's V6 (even as a passenger - lol!) - there is a sense of occasion. You get looked at. You get loads of thumbs-up and a lot of praise. It sounds great and looks good to boot. Is it a good drive? Yes, and no. I've always said that if I had to take my 182 or the Vee on track - the 182 would be my choice. It's more suited to cruising on motorways and the odd A-road blat than being flung into corners like a 182 is.

The DC5 however, would be a driver's choice, imo. You may not get the same attention from Joe Public, but I'm sure it would put a bloody big smile on your face! I'd also hazard a guess that it would be safer to park up and leave as well - even if the DC5 is appealing to the scallies....

Now if you included an Evo into the equation........ now then! :approve:

D.

good points Darren, although Evos aren't for me. ;)

A DC5 does draw the crowds, stands out in a car park like a sore thumb IMO. Especially in white.

I love DC5, I'd love to own a V6 for the occasion, although I know one day I'd be on a track day or something and get my arse totally handed to me by a Integra and go, look at what you could've won!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Mate i'd have to say 1. Keep the 182 cause its awesome. 2. If you do sell get a v6. I love the fact everyone slaughters french hot hatches aka tins but they make driving so much more fun. The honda's are awesome machines but at the end of the day you can only go so fast before you crash it, in the v6 as said there is a sense of fun and i'm sure you'd love to look out onto your drive to see a liquid yellow V. Just my bit there. P.s i'm saving for a v once i've had enough fun in the 182

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Would be the DC5 for myself. Would appreciate the better build quality with rock solid residuals. The reason being the V6 would be too impractical for me - coupled with the fact I would feel very uneasy leaving the car anywhere (just a magnet for malicious damage) as it stands out soo much. I also percieve the tuning and modification scene on the Integra to be cheaper, making it more realisitic for perfomance upgrades .... not sure I would fancy spending a couple of grand for a set of new alloys for the V.

Ps if you get the V6 prepared for the 182 quicker than Vee debate.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
thank for your thoughts everyone

lol @ blooor... i'd still come on here with the DC5 tbh, i've been here too long

Da

Less
V6 for me, no questions! Don't ask why I don't need a reason but most of it is covered by what Ali said.

It's certainly high on my 'next car' list! :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'll get some pics of my car and my cousins DC5 this weekend. It's the sex.

He's really into the whole JDM thing though, he bought a Japanese parking sticker and one of those weird tassle things that hangs from the mirror. lol. i forget what they're called

Tangoed Works
Its all about driving, would be DC5 for me. Main reason I purchased the 182, its an awesome drivers car.

for a daily commmute it would have to be a mint R32 or a Meggy 225. V6 is too similar to the 182 and will attract too much attention to use daily, the DC5 will be expensive to run in terms of parts etc.