ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next... Clio V6 or White DC5?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i agree.

are there any things i need to check if i buy a fresh import?

SVA cert? radio working etc?

also, was the facelift just cosmetic or are there any mechanical changes?

thanks

Get on ITR-DC5 lots of info.

You'll want a BIMTA Certificate, etc etc

There was defo revised suspension on the face lift, and probably some other minor changes.

Still think the preface lift looks much nicer though.

And parts aren't a big a problem as some people say, standard parts are located in Belgium, your local Honda garage can supply all of these easily.

great news!

do you have any pics of pre-facelift and post-facelift cars?

i'm confused now about which one i've seen :S i'm sure it was an '05 plate

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chris...make a road trip to carlisle...i'll show you all these vee haters are wrong!

Ive not driven a DC5...and if its anything like as much fun as my old 172 cup was..it must be a great car..but...you can just jump in...rag the tits off it till 13000,000 RPM and v-tec yo!! arrive at your destination....get out..

fun...for about 6 months!

Get a vee..its something you grow with...you learn...and when you do get used to it...boy is it damn good! its quite scary how fast it can cover b-roads when you know the car, and trust it! Plus..you get the looks, the fact that your driving a humble clio WITH A HUGE V6 BEHIND YOUR HEAD singing away...not some buzzy jap 4 pot!

seriously dude...if your not doing anything on saturday...i'll meet up with you somewhere?!

knows! that's the flipside to this decision!

i've always said i wanted a V6, i love the Group B looks, the hooge lump and all the toys too.

i'm busy this weekend mate, i need to stay local, but any other weekend that would be awesome. very much appreciated! ...i may even give you a blast in the Fisher Price.;)

H22A7 Accord Type R
At the end of the day matey...........both cars are MUST OWN's at some point in your life!!! Save the Vee for the mid-life crisis, and get yourself a Honda Red top just now ......... lol

Nah honestly, i see the good in both cars, but its nice to have a break and stare at some different dials / dashboard for a change!! The sense of occasion will be emmense in the Vee, but, when you are sitting behind the wheel of a type R, and the car is constanly teasing you, provoking you to utterly thrash its knackers off, belive me, the sense of occasion is there......and it is as exciting as anything can be to a petrol head!!

With my old clio, i spent 95% of my time polishing it and crusing about town, 5% driving time giving it some welly........ in the honda i spend 99% of the time adoring it on the best roads i can find, and 1% of the time in petrol stations topping it up.

have a change for now, and get the Vee later! :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
cheers mate, i'm certainly giving it some thought!!

i know i'd get really into the whole JDM thing too. lol

DC5
great news!

do you have any pics of pre-facelift and post-facelift cars?

i'm confused now about which one i've seen :S i'm sure it was an '05 plate

Pre-facelift:
DSCF4280.jpg

DSCF4295.jpg

Facelift:
DSCF4506.jpg

DSCF4524.jpg

The pre-facelift hasn't got a standard exhaust on it. But either way I much prefer the looks of the pre-facelift. All personal choice thouhg I suppose.

H22A7 Accord Type R
first time ive seen a facelift..........have to say i like the Pre.....but then i always do with Hondas lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye! post-facelify looks the shiz!!

weird lights on the facelift car.

could it have been a very late pre-facelift that i looked at then? it was an '05 plate on 22k

DC5
I think the change was made between 2004 / 2005. But obviously it all depends when the car was registered also. It could well have been a pre-facelift, but just registered late.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye, i reckon so

it was definitely a pre-facelift car and i was sure it was '05

that's the spec i want then, the facelift car looks a bit goofy at the front. :(

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
there would never be another colour i'd want other than championship white.:cool:

i'm glad someone had the same decision to make as i have... what made you go for the Vee after all Chris? ...other than it being the best colour EVER.

I hear you, white with white wheels & red recaro's that’s the way to go!!!

I have always had a soft spot for Clio’s
My first was a 1.2 sport, then I had 2 mk1 172's & now the V6

The reason I chose the Vee was more to do with the exotic nature of the car than the performance / drivability.
I like the idea of owning such a genuinely rare piece of automotive history.
Its gonna be a car I keep forever, will be nice to dust it off & show the grandkids in years to come :)
And of course there’s obviously the colour!!!

The DC5 is still high up on the list for a replacement for the wife's Cooper S convertible (we could do with somethin with a boot) so I would have the best of both worlds :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Chris...make a road trip to carlisle...i'll show you all these vee haters are wrong!

Ive not driven a DC5...and if its anything like as much fun as my old 172 cup was..it must be a great car..but...you can just jump in...rag the tits off it till 13000,000 RPM and v-tec yo!! arrive at your destination....get out..

Get a vee..its something you grow with...you learn...and when you do get used to it...boy is it damn good! its quite scary how fast it can cover b-roads when you know the car, and trust it! Plus..you get the looks, the fact that your driving a humble clio WITH A HUGE V6 BEHIND YOUR HEAD singing away...not some buzzy jap 4 pot!

seriously dude...if your not doing anything on saturday...i'll meet up with you somewhere?!

AMEN to that! There's absolutely nothing special about the DC5...It's a jap toy! Zero character! Fu ck meeting up on sat, fire up on sunday when colin comes up here! 3 vee's in my drive! :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I should add buyin a fresh import is a nitemare, PM stoddie. Getting a reliable firm is difficult and the private sales are offen risky! Make sure you get the auction papers! Needs to be 5* and Grade A

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

AMEN to that! There's absolutely nothing special about the DC5...It's a jap toy! Zero character! Fu ck meeting up on sat, fire up on sunday when colin comes up here! 3 vee's in my drive! :)

up to kiltland?!

madness

although it would be good!

DC5
who are you insured with Bez?

I am with A Plan. By far the cheapest I could find. Seem to come out on top for a lot of people. There are a couple of other ones that other people find cheapest. Guess it depends on your circumstances.

There is a sticky thread in the insurance section of www.itr-dc5.com with all of the numbers in.

DC5
No worries.

Will be my good deed for the day, trying to convince someone else to move away from the crap French build quality, so that they too can have a happy life :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
3 vee's in my drive! :)

And you say DC5's are common up there. I have only seen 3 DC5's in my life doing 20k miles a year, and I bought one of them! :rasp:

LOL! Apparently there's about 6 up here! Another one in paisley (20miles away) and one in Balloch 10miles away!! I'm defo gonna have to sell!

DC5's are Very common up here, every nite you see at least one! Mostly white, but there are 2 blues and 2 reds aswell.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No worries.

Will be my good deed for the day, trying to convince someone else to move away from the crap French build quality, so that they too can have a happy life :)

The Honda build quality is only marginally better chief! Admit it!

Rick's DC5 was hardly rattle free, and the dash is even less inspiring than the clio's!!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R
Honda modern build quality is getting pretty noddy!! my uncle has a new Civic, and he is becoming less and less impressed as time goes on. His boot flooded the other day when it was raining!!

the Old Accord seems to be pretty well bolted together though.

cock mobile.
No worries.

Rick's DC5 was hardly rattle free, and the dash is even less inspiring than the clio's!!!!

The 2 Honda's I had were miles better than my Clio Cup ever was.

I did read a comment by someone forget who, basically said, Clio cheap plastic interior, Civic, cheap plastic interior with twice as many screws, which sounds about right lol.

DC5
No worries.

I will admit, you do get the odd rattle. But the overall feel and build quality seems a lot better than the clio. As far as the dash being less inspiring, I seriously doubt that. With a nice double din head unit etc. But then I came from a 172 Cup. If I'd have had a FF or 182 or something then it may be a different story, but the Cup was very basic and plain to look at.

You have then got the reliability factor as well. My Clio had numerous problems. I am yet to have 1 in this, and as everyone knows that Hondas aren't best known for reliability issues.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
are there any cheapish mods that i could buy quickly?

i want a mint, standard car so i'm not talking about major money for these mods. something small like Cup spoilers on Clios etc etc

cock mobile.
Don't mod the looks, the looks are spot on.

There's a whole word of modding in the Jap world mate, seriously, you have no idea how long a list there is, Clio's are pants for options on modding.

If you can think of it, chances are there's 10 variants for it around :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye, i totally agree about the looks.

on my list would be coilovers, Spoon exhaust system and a Gruppe M intake. Along with some JDM plates for shows :eek: ...i can't help but spend on cars, as you can probably tell.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i like your thinking! great minds and all that ;)

I saw an Indy Yellow (i think) DC5 too, i'm not a fan tbh

CW or nothing imo!

cock mobile.
i like your thinking! great minds and all that ;)

I saw an Indy Yellow (i think) DC5 too, i'm not a fan tbh

CW or nothing imo!

That's not a factory colour.

I've seen pics of a yellow one, guy lived in Cyprus I think.

You better get saving for those mods ;)

cock mobile.
expensive then? ...i've not even looked lol

Like I said, there's a whole host of choice.

It depends if you are a label wh0re or not.

EG. DC Sports 4-2-1 basically as good as say a Toda Mani, but about 1/3 of the cost.

There are a LOT of label wh0re's in the Honda world, but what can I say, Mugen makes me wet as well LOL.