ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Ok push fixed. Had to delete mobileme and add it again, but it started working the moment I did that.

Obviously something in the upgrade buggered it and doing this enables it again.

SLK250 CDI
Wow, very cool, thanks!

Guess I should read the manual...? :)

Now... wish it rotated the screen in the email app... :)

RB 182
Turned the phone off completely and back on and its much better now.

Deleted MobileMe and set it up again and it works fine again, cheers sn00p.

Pah.

microsoft-exchange-iphone.jpg

FTW!

Lou

After updating mine it buggered my googlemail up so deleted it and reentered account details. Seems fine now, also lagging seems to have gone!!

Clio 1.5 dci
Anyone had any issues with album artwork? Mine has all F****d up its showing the wrong album artwork for the album so makes scrolling through them a nightmare.
All artwork is fine on the PC just the iphone its messed up on.
Any ideas??
If I do a full restore will my contacts all stay in the memory?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u need to do a backup first which will make a copy of your contacts and texts and emails etc... then the full restore will delete everything on the iphone and then it will ask if you wish to restore your backup... which will put all your contacts etc back on then you need to resync your ipod...

i just jailbroke my 2.1 and installed installer etc on it, there is a program called winterboard which allows you to do like summerboard and also there is customise on it too though there arent really anything on customize yet.

Lou

Has anyone else noticed with 2.1 you can only watch YouTube clips with wifi?? I get an error on screen unless I'm connected to wifi!

6/468 17poo
Ok, this is probably the deciding question if i get an iphone or not.......

is it possible to 'right click save as' on the iphone on music blogs and it saves the track to the phone memory?as a computer does similar to the n95?

or do you have to load everything with itunes?

just had a play on one in carphonewarehouse, i no see what the hype is about!

Ryan

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
give me a page to visit and I'll try it for you, I'm guessing it won't though. I'd still get one though, they are the best phone available IMHO, sh*ts all over the N95 8GB. Exchange is awesome.

Last edited:
  SLK 350
Ok, this is probably the deciding question if i get an iphone or not.......

is it possible to 'right click save as' on the iphone on music blogs and it saves the track to the phone memory?as a computer does similar to the n95?

Nope, you can't yet save files out of the box to iPhone. If you hack it though you can.

or do you have to load everything with itunes?

Yep forced to use iTunes for now until someone works out a way around it.

6/468 17poo
^^^ are cool, so it might be possible in the future, although you can usually stream all the new music from various sites any way!

its so tempting but currently get free home internet with orange so probly have to pay for that in the future hmmmmmmmmm

Rav4
I bit the bullet and got the 3g one today!!!

Got it on my desk, looks nice.

The guy at 02 said I did not need a new sim card, that it should work with the one I have :s

Anyways, first 18month contract ever :(

106 GTi
As long as you have a 3G sim card it will be good. Will work regardless but you will only get edge speeds if not. Mine was 2G so they replaced it.

Clio 1.5 dci
I have met someone today who also has a 3g and after looking at his noticed he has a 3g symbol at the top. Since getting mine I have never had the symbol or any other for that matter only the 02 signal one and wifi when connected. 3g is turned on in the menu
Phoned apple up and he reckons it might be a sim fault.
Gonna get a new sim tomorrow if not its back to apple for a swap. Anyone else had this?
(oh and my artwork is still dodgy even after a restore!) :mad:

SLK 350
It'll be an O2 issue, one of my colleagues had the same issue. Needed him to turn off the phone for an hour while they changed his plan.

Clio 1.5 dci
Wow. That was the quickest I've ever been answered. They reckon I need a new sim. Off to 02 tomorrow.
Do you guys always have something at the top of the screen where the 3g should be as I only have the 02 signal strength?

106 GTi
Mine says 3G, E for edge or a little square with a circle in it depending where I am, not seen it show nothing.

30 second job in the shop for a new sim, port takes a few hours and your new sim card will become active and the other one will stop working.

Clio 1.5 dci
Mine says 3G, E for edge or a little square with a circle in it depending where I am, not seen it show nothing.

30 second job in the shop for a new sim, port takes a few hours and your new sim card will become active and the other one will stop working.

Cheers bud. Mines obviously dodgy then. :mad:

106 GTi
I was annoyed that I could not get 3G speeds let alone no web at all, you should ask them for a refund on your monthly bill if you have had no web access !

Clio 1.5 dci
Got my new sim and still nothing but the 02 network thing! :mad:
Looks like a fault on the hardware.

Got an appointment at apple store tomorrow morning. Hopefully for a brand new handset ;) (if they have one in stock)

Clio 1.5 dci
Right I'm getting well p****d off now. Apple were cool and gave me a new handset but still nothing. Been on with 02 today and I'm getting nowhere.

Still have no web access or 3g despite them saying all my account settings show it should work :mad: :mad: :mad:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
are you sure your area does 3g? do you get a blue square with a white circle in it at the top next to the signal bars?

Clio 1.5 dci
are you sure your area does 3g? do you get a blue square with a white circle in it at the top next to the signal bars?

No matter where I am I get nothing! All I have is the signal bars and 02UK.
I was stood side by side with someone last week who had 3g but I had nothing.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well I doubt that you have had 2 faulty iphones so the fault must lie with O2 and your account. Put the pressure on O2!!

Clio 1.5 dci
Just spoke to a right helpful woman on 02. She knew exactly what the problem was and said it will be sorted in 24 hrs. Something to do with "network points" and the transferring of my old number.

Fingers crossed again.

Thanks for the help guys

To be expected really.
3G would have majorly underused before the iPhone came out, now they have thousands of people hammering it... heh.

SchwepTek™
Since getting my 2nd iphone, it seem to be having the "signal dropping" problem alot more.

It will go from full signal to no signal to 4 lines showing no signal but without the words. (if you get what i mean)

Anyone else having this problem.