ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
For me 2.0 is a LOT buggier than 1.1.4 was, guess they've added a lot but it's watered down the reliability of it no doubt. I find the biggest issue is Safari crashing, then 3G just not working (failing to load), GSM not picking back up quickly or at all after being on tube, slow and laggy menu's.

I've seen all manner of random things, but an order of magnitude less than what I experienced on my N80 which was quite frankly, unsuable!

Apple have a good history of performance enhancements with OSX, pretty sure that these problems with the menus and typing are a blip in the initial 2.0 firmware and normal service will be resumed shortly.

Have to say I'm bloody impressed with the 3G surfing! Maps has already been a life saver on more than one occasion.

Rav4
It's such a shame that the battery is pooh.

I really want to get the 3g version but it's the 18month contract which is annoying me.

Hence why I still have the first generation but I quite fancy getting the GPS and the extras too.

:)

Lovely phone, best £329 I have spent.

3G is worth the upgrade alone.

Battery life is fine.. I hammer my phone, and it still lasts a day, and that's without docking it at all.

Rav4
Well, when a 16gig one is available in the stores, I will be getting it, can't wait to try the visual voicemail :)

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
visual voicemail is not what it sounds, its just normal voicemail but it tells you who its from before you listen to it lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ still good tho, i fookin hate regular voicemail on a mobile. pain in the arse listening to 4 messages to get the the one you want!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
visual voicemail is not what it sounds, its just normal voicemail but it tells you who its from before you listen to it lol

In what way? lol

It shows a list of voicemails (visual) and lets you pick which one to listen to!!

6/468 17poo
is that direct with 02?

just trying to work out if its cheaper doing the whole broadband/phone/insurance bundle ive got with orange!think im paying like £41 at moment with dog slow broadband lol

6/468 17poo
Cool cheers man, just need to have a go on one, spoke to a few and people have said batterys pants and so's texting, but the plus features outway these!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Connect your iPhone, select it from the list in iTunes, click the Summary tab and then click 'Check for update'

SLK 350
Not had any crashes yet, better keyboard responsiveness for sure. Just hope that as rumoured they managed to squeeze another hour from the battery.

SLK 350
The update closes an exploited security hole which stops them working on current jailbreaks.

There's a new hardware hack out at the end of the month, requires you to cut up your SIM and put it on a new SIM which harbours a chip.

RB 182
Has anyone had a problem with push email since the update?

I've not seen any improvements since the update, still as buggy as before for me?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Has anyone had a problem with push email since the update?

I got some overnight, but it doesn't appear to be working since this morning.

Edit:

We are not alone. Seems to be a lot of people reporting this....

Last edited:
  SLK250 CDI
BTW is there a way to zoom in when reading email? HTML emails come up tiny on screen... or do I need new eyes?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
plus they havent sorted the stupid txt msg tone stopping thing and also txts dont save in the inbox in the order you got them, it just makes it up lol