ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Citroen DS3 DSport
Other than the 3G outages the only time my signal drops is when at home where I am only just able to get a 3G signal. When this happens it'll swap between a full strength Edge/GPRS signal to a 1 bar 3G signal and back again at random intervals.

Clio 1.5 dci
Mine is now sorted. Was definately an 02 fault which happened as I ported my pay & go number to my contract sim. I mentioned this to every 02 person I spoke to and they assured me it made no difference :nono: .
Oh well least its sorted

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its supposed to just iron out 3g service and a few other bugs... people seem to expect HUGE changes from updates?? the iphone is pretty good tbh there will be bigger more noticeable things when 2.1 is released anything from 2.02 onwards untill then there isnt gonna be huge changes.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Contacts access is almost as fast as my 2G iPhone now but other than that nothing new that is obvious.

That's almost certainly just an effect of the phone resetting as a result of the upgrade, I expect you'll notice it gradually slowing down as it gets used more.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im quite pleased im still running a 2g.

No issues here, except for that annoying 20% left oh no wait...turns off thing that iphones do.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've not really had any issues barring:

1) The random "All your apps stop working, time to delete and re-add" bug.
2) "Mobilemeh" push email randomly stopping pushing.

It's certainly in a totally different league to any other phone I've owned before.

to save me looking through the last load of posts, can someone who owned the previous iPhone and now has used the new gen one for a fair while, sum up the advantages?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Faster net browsing and nothing else other than that for me. Even at that the 3G speeds are not vastly superior to Edge.

106 GTi
Faster net browsing and nothing else other than that for me. Even at that the 3G speeds are not vastly superior to Edge.

Ditto.

Hard to do a direct comparisons as I never updated my original phone to 2.0 which brings about more features than the 3G phone itself.

Citroen DS3 DSport
A 2G iPhone with v2.0 firmware only lacks 3G and the GPS chip. Currently the GPS chip isn't really very useful and as already said 3G is not greatly faster than Edge if available to you.

E39 530i
Quick heads up, a good app which is worth downloading.........Simplify Media.

Plays all the music on your how pc or on 30 of your friends pc using your 3G iPhone or iTouch.

Best of all its free, for the first 100,000 users! quick quick!!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah it's mentioned in the App thread. Not a bad download.

They have already had over 205,900 downloads but for now it will remain free as they have been experiencing server issues. When the system is working correctly they will begin to charge for the app.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
other thing that i have found with the 3g making it better over the 2g is that the speakers are MUCH better... 3g seems alot faster over edge for me... however the screen doesnt seem as sensitive to type on... the battery seems pretty s**t tbh... the ipod interface with a ipod headunit works better (my 2g randomly chucks up errors and wont let me select songs but the 3g is fine) apart from apple changing the charging system and it not charging with my pioneer headunit :(

thanks guys, maybe doesnt sound like a worthwhile upgrade for me then at the moment, just wish my iPhone had more memory!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
my 3g screen seems to let a lot of dust under it, whereas my old 2g one never had a scrap of dust under the screen, pisses me off to no end having dots of dust showing all the time

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
other thing that i have found with the 3g making it better over the 2g is that the speakers are MUCH better... 3g seems alot faster over edge for me... however the screen doesnt seem as sensitive to type on... the battery seems pretty s**t tbh... the ipod interface with a ipod headunit works better (my 2g randomly chucks up errors and wont let me select songs but the 3g is fine) apart from apple changing the charging system and it not charging with my pioneer headunit :(

its still SOOOOOO quiet! i NEVER hear the bloody thing ringing

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

its still SOOOOOO quiet! i NEVER hear the bloody thing ringing

i got my own ringtones on it, its a bassline tune and i can hear it from miles away lol? and i meant for youtube etc if i put my 2g playing the same thing next to my 3g the 3g pisses on it for quality and level.

Having owned both 2G and 3G 16gb versions. i wouldnt say the 3G iphone is an upgrade to the 2g. Just more of bug fixed or annoyance fixed.

eg.

- Sound is louder and can now hear it ring.
- 2G had a reallly really annoying headphone socket where you had to use an adaptor to use normal headphones.
- Appstore ( but this is available on both now) I originally had my 2G jailbroken for the apps but the appstore pretty much covers most things so ive left the 3G unjailbroken.
- 3G (should have been implemented in teh first one, however from ive expericenced its not that much quicker than EDGE)