ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the reason the iphone has only a fraction of the world wide phone market, is because it is exclusive to only a few networks on silly expensive tarrifs, and they got away with it because of the hype, but now thats died down alot are saying its a rip off.

Hopefully they will allow the iphone 2 to be used by all the networks.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
quite intrigued i must say, it best be good. i'm so bored of n95 owners telling me how much better they're phones are!

Citroen DS3 DSport
o2 contimue to have a UK exclusive on the iPhone so it's unlikely to be available on other networks unless Apple sell it directly at full price sim free.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd rather they released firmware v2.0 and launched the App Store today, the 3G iPhone can wait till next month but I think it will be unveiled today.

106 GTi
I hope they do and it being available soon, I am ready to get one on a proper iphone contract now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I will buy one too as the current model is the best mobile I have owned. Yes it lacks some features but it's still my favourite mobile. The App Store should help to rectify some of the missing features.

If it is unveiled today then all we have to do is await o2 confirming the release details etc. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

SLK 350
Yeah same here, best phone I've owned. But as per Sneeks post, I wish they'd hurry up and release the damned V2 software. I want VPN and exchange mail ability.

Used RDM Plus on it the other day to remotely view my PC screen at work, pretty good, albeit a little slow over WIFI.

Thinking of selling my 8GB one on eBay for seemingly decent money, and then buying the new one once it's launched. But then I'm fearful O2 will offer some sort of upgrade path/trade in.

Or maybe they won't...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'll probably get one of these if it's a reasonable price.

The old one seemed pointless having an "unlimited" data bundle with no 3G services.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll probably get one of these if it's a reasonable price.

The old one seemed pointless having an "unlimited" data bundle with no 3G services.

I've happily used my iPhone on Edge around the Glasgow area. Even on standard GPRS it's more than acceptable depending on the sites I browse. 3G will be a good addition as will the new software apps. Sling player is apparently on the way :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
From my experience using Windows Mobile with either IE or Opera. 3G is the only way to browse. Full reception in an EDGE area is acceptable for reading text emails but not a lot else.

Youtube mobile is unusable on anything less than 50% signal in a 3G zone.

Can you use Youtube on the iPhone with EDGE????

SLK 350
Youtube will work on EDGE, but simply due to the data limits you're looking at a 5 miute wait for compressed version of something of 3-5 minutes long. Personally I've used it 2/3 times on EDGE and wouldn't goto the trouble of waiting for it, unless I were desperate to show something.

As for normal browsing of CS or any other site, I find it perfectly useable on EDGE and use it most days in one way or another.

Great for finding out train times or any other spur of the moment needs I have.

Im not sure ill upgrade to the new one. Ive only had my Iphone for about a month and I still love it. Id very rearly use 3g, well I never use EDGE so I doubt ill ever use 3G.Ive never felt the need for a video call either so if theyre the only upgrades I think ill just update my current one to V2 + app store = :D

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
think it'll have gps by the sound of it...that's worth upgrading too...hopefully better camera more memory thinner and if they throw in a biometric fingerprint reader too i'll be happy lol!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Got to love some of these comments.

I simply put that I will buy one with the 3G as there's no comparison imo.

Then the usuals come forward and tell me I don't need 3G and that EDGE does everything just fine....

Waiting 5 minutes to watch a video is pointless imo, I'd throw it out the window after 20 seconds. I get pissed off on my phone if I have to wait more than 10 seconds for a video to start playing. Which on a good 3G signal... It doesn't.

SLK 350
Fingerprint = No hope :)

Not enough demand for the added cost, while it's being squared upto blackberry the introduction of certificate based security is enough.

Thinner = No Hope :(

3G means more battery drain, which also means a larger battery unless they want to end up with an N95 situation, as a business phone it would be unworkable with any less than the current 2~day lifespan IMO.

Better camera = Hopefully!

But I'd prefer it if the cam could natively record movies, more so than a boosted pixel count.

Also not liknig the fact it apparently has a plastic back now instead of metal if rumours are true...I like the metal, feels cold on my balls :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
I wonder what this will be advertising?

m1213024818.jpg

SLK 350
Got to love some of these comments.

Then the usuals come forward and tell me I don't need 3G and that EDGE does everything just fine....

Waiting 5 minutes to watch a video is pointless imo, I'd throw it out the window after 20 seconds. I get pissed off on my phone if I have to wait more than 10 seconds for a video to start playing. Which on a good 3G signal... It doesn't.

Sigh...

You asked if it works, the answer is fundamentally YES it works.

I then went on to say it takes (around) 5 minutes for a video of similar length, which is the fact of the matter.

Why ask the question if you're already trying to jump down peoples throats for answering you. Go get some fresh air or something; jesus.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I then went on to say it takes (around) 5 minutes for a video of similar length, which is the fact of the matter.

Why ask the question if you're already trying to jump down peoples throats for answering you. Go get some fresh air or something; jesus.

Must agree with you. Yes it works but it's not ideal for media hungry web pages. Forum browsing is perfectly OK on Edge or GPRS.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not meaning to sound arsey lad. Appologies if any offence was taken, but a 5 minute wait might aswell be an eternity for a quick video of someone falling off a house on your train ride home.

Hopefully the 3G is reliable. Is the new one 3G or 3.5G or whatever HSPDA is called.

Citroen DS3 DSport
He did say that he'd not actually use it unless he really had a need to. Same here. I only really use Youtube on my iPhone when I have a wifi connection, 3G would encourage me to use it more often. No specs known on the 3G chipset yet.