ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

maybe me and sneeks are in a area with good Edge but crap 3G? and your vice versa..

Looks like we all win now. but im sure me and sneeks are still more correct than you are :p

Dont know wether to start a new thread but i have a very quick questions.

My mate is going to america on sunday, do they sell iphone 3g`s on PAYG over there, and would it be simple enough to get it unlocked?

If that fails if i buy a uk one can they be unlocked yet?

thanks

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
had 5 minutes playing on a girly mates iphone last night.

Thought it was really good tbh.

Easy to use and i loved the way you can spin through your list on the ipod bit... very nice.

But i think my favourite bit was the text messages in the speech bubbles so you see the conversation!!!

I'm sure it does a lot more than that but i am easily pleased.

Very nice bit of kit imo.

probably a bit big for me though as it is kinda brick like on your head.

6/468 17poo
^^ive just seen this too, considering a contract is only gonna be 18 month and will be a shed load compared to buying it and having a sim only!

whats the chances theres loads of catches, like you have to use a certain sim card?which is s**t with no text or minutes

Ryan

Citroen DS3 DSport
I can't see how they'd enforce that. You are paying full price for the handset so it's yours to use as you please regardless of what o2 think.

6/468 17poo
Whats the chances its locked to 02, or do people think orange are gonna get it and this is the last ploy to make some money!

Ryan

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the exclusive deal with o2 was for a minimum of 18 months so I would be surprised if any other UK network was selling the iPhone any earlier than May 2009.

The iPhone will be locked to o2 but hopefully can be unlocked soon.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'm thinking, do i 'invest' get one and leave keep it lying around until an unlock for it comes out...or not bother. Any more info on the iphone nano rumours??

RB 182
New firmware update today to v2.1, free for 3G iPhones and people who purchased the v2.0 software.

List of updates include the following:
- decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- significantly improve battery life for most users
- dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- improve email reliability, notable fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- faster installation of 3rd party applications
- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- improved performance of text messaging
- faster loading and searching of contacts
- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation