ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

SLK 350
^Welcome to 2006 :)

The GPS works pretty well but I find the penetration indoors to be pretty poor (obviously). Find it tends to get a lock within a minute or two if I haven't used it for a while. Guessing it caches the satellite co-ord's and tries to pick up where it left off each time.

RB 182
As sn00p says for the GPS to get working leave it outside for a while and it does work. Now mine has got it once it seems to be better and get it picks it up more often now, it either seems to be great and spot on or doesn't find you at all.

I thought the GPS was crap on mine.
It could be the maps though.. but one minute I was walking down the street, then the next I iwas next to the river?!? Heh. Seems odd to me.

Thankfully, I don't use it for GPS :p

106 GTi
No problems here with it, was quite cool seeing exactly where I was standing at Castle Combe the other day on satellite view.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Ensure it is on search, then just press the icon at the bottom left, like a target icon.

that should pinpoint where you are exactly.

E39 530i
Ok this thing has been searching for nearly 5 minutes now and still it hasn't picked up my location. got 3G signal with 5 bars, any ideas.

E39 530i
Nop i was outside for about 20 minutes in one place and nothing. Battery is now dead. I'll be trying again later. Are there any settings which i need to set first?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I bet 10 chocolate buttons he's indoors.

*JimmyJ* said:
Nop i was outside for about 20 minutes in one place and nothing. Battery is now dead. I'll be trying again later. Are there any settings which i need to set first?

You want my address? lol.

Make sure location services are turned on, and when you're outside don't let the phone go to sleep.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I tried vincinity but didnt have the bar I was looking for on, so just googled the postcode and searched on the map!

Good thing about London is that I had a 3G signal everywhere!

SLK250 CDI
When using iPhone with Exchange server, should it be set to 'push' or the other option? Cos mine doesn't seem to be updating unless I open the email app...?

E39 530i
is it possible to delete one dialled number from the Iphone 3G call list? cant seem to do this without deleting all the listing. Any ideas?????????

When using iPhone with Exchange server, should it be set to 'push' or the other option? Cos mine doesn't seem to be updating unless I open the email app...?

If Push is on, it should be updating.
Does it not update anywhere? Internal Wifi, 3G, Edge etc?

Lou

Anyone having problems with randomly getting booted off the Internet?? It's happened alot to me over the last few days and battery life is crap. I have 3g turned off as there is 0 coverage in my area!!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Anyone having problems with randomly getting booted off the Internet?? It's happened alot to me over the last few days and battery life is crap. I have 3g turned off as there is 0 coverage in my area!!

yeah same, i randomly get booted off and put back to the menu page.

very annoying

carl

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that often happens if you have several net pages open at the one time, hardly ever happens to me these days.

No complaints with battery life from me, 4.5 - 5 hours of usage each day before I need to recharge it.

I never used to get it..but within the last week or so, it happens pretty much everytime I try and use it for any period of time. (And this is with just one window open)

It NEVER used to happen, but maybe I've just started using it more.

Seems a bit buggy.. hopefully some updates will fix it.

I also had an annoying one where it disabled the screen during a call, but didn't enable it again! The call went to voicemail and I could literally do nothing.. so I was like "Sorry, I can't end the call, so I'll just have to talk..." :S
Luckily, someone rung me mid voicemail (I was running out of things to say!) which then enabled the "End call and answer" button... but damnit, that was stupid! :p

Rav4
Is the battery life better on the 3g version?

My first generation one was attrocious when I got it, now that I have 2.0 it's even worse since adding exchange on it........ I know why, but still annoying.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Is the battery life better on the 3g version?

My first generation one was attrocious when I got it, now that I have 2.0 it's even worse since adding exchange on it........ I know why, but still annoying.

mine is terrible!, first iphone usually lasted me a day with not a great deal of useage but the 3g is really bad.

I can get just over a day, but I charge it every night to make sure.. or dock it to a laptop/PC if it starts getting to about 1/3rd battery.

That's Exchange Push, Wifi auto connecting at home and work, 3G/Edge etc out and about.

SLK 350
I linked to the Apple battery document somewhere in here, but it's supposed to be best after 4 full charge cycles, that is:

1 cycle = charge fully, drain fully (until it turns off).

I'd suggest turning down the screen brightness too, along with WIFI, BT, and location services.

For me 2.0 is a LOT buggier than 1.1.4 was, guess they've added a lot but it's watered down the reliability of it no doubt. I find the biggest issue is Safari crashing, then 3G just not working (failing to load), GSM not picking back up quickly or at all after being on tube, slow and laggy menu's.