ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

So my LED number plate light arrived yesterday...
Before:

geguja2e.jpg

After:

eqapu7y4.jpg

I also got a new number plate light holder due to the usual aging, so I'll post some pics up when I change that :)

My SilverVisions also arrived yesterday but I didn't fit them, so hopefully doing that today! :)

Arctic 182FF
I was thinking that after taking these photos, they're a bit grotty aren't they! Any reccomendations? :)

If you become a full member you'll get discount at fancyplates.com
They also do custom sized plates so that you can get the slightly cut down front plate so it fits in the recess a bit more nicely, like below.

clioplate_zps66bfd57d.jpg

Definitely go for clean plates though, keep your car looking fresh

Clio
I go nice and clean and standard . But I've done all the 3d logo small plate things on my old 182s and Williams mr2 xr3 etc ..

If you become a full member you'll get discount at fancyplates.com
They also do custom sized plates so that you can get the slightly cut down front plate so it fits in the recess a bit more nicely, like below.

clioplate_zps66bfd57d.jpg

Definitely go for clean plates though, keep your car looking fresh

Just took a look on the site - £27.50 delivered isn't bad, so it'll be worth the discount then :)

I go nice and clean and standard . But I've done all the 3d logo small plate things on my old 182s and Williams mr2 xr3 etc ..

Yeah, I'll keep it plain and simple I think :)

Arctic 182FF
Just took a look on the site - £27.50 delivered isn't bad, so it'll be worth the discount then :)

Comes to £32.05 for me if you change the size of the front plate. Not entirely sure how you enter the discount, you might have to contact them beforehand or order over the phone.

So, two things done today!
The first was installing my SilverVisions! :)
Rear:

atu7e9ub.jpg

etamenuv.jpg

ze3y7u3u.jpg

u2e7ajer.jpg

Finished...

yqa8uzug.jpg

Front:
(It's hard to see with the cloudy headlights)
zy5a8ube.jpg

ezu5yby3.jpg

bu6yzypu.jpg

6a2anaqu.jpg

Finished...

a9aga9uv.jpg

6yguhuba.jpg

And then I also decided to snatch up yet another good deal from Barnett and got myself some alloys on the cheap ;)
I only took one photo during but I'll eventually clean them up and get some more up :) Definitely thinking of getting them sprayed black though!
uby2a3yt.jpg

Another mini-update, no photos yet - Will hopefully get those up tomorrow!
My Team Heko Wind Deflectors arrived today, haven't got around to fitting the front ones, only the rear ones so far - Quite a pain really!
Also had a new number plate light holder come today as the old one is grotty - All fitted with pictures to follow :)
My PlastiDip arrived yesterday for spraying my badges etc. so I'll get to doing that soon!
And not a mod exactly but I also got myself a Magnetax tax disc holder as the old one was quite bully and horrible!
I've got a few more bits and bobs arriving in the post so I'll update the thread accordingly!

So, the pictures that I mentioned yesterday!
The new number plate light holder:
New vs Old
2evemynu.jpg

Installed
ugy9a2un.jpg

Then the Team Heko wind deflectors:
6uvyqyty.jpg

danyqyme.jpg

Quick one to anyone who's reading this - The rear wind deflectors keep catching! Any tips?
Not done anything with the PlastiDip yet but that's definitely on the to do list!

My CREE reversing lights arrived today - I've fitted them but I'm a bit unsure as the standard bulbs would emit light in a circle and therefore make the whole casing light up, the CREE bulbs only emit light in a straight line :S I'll give my full verdict (and add some pictures) when I've seen them working in the dark :)

So, new wipers arrived, look and perform so much better than the standard ones!

zetu8ezu.jpg

Bit pissed off as my passenger wind deflector broke! So in the process of sorting that out!

8aneguna.jpg

Also, today I tried and failed to plastidip my Clio emblem :( It was all going so well until I peeled off the masking tape! I don't think I let it dry for long enough! Will make sure to take more time next time!
gamave9e.jpg

With spraying too i picked up spares from the scrap yard, and I've recently gone back to my originals after the ones i sprayed went abit shabby, easy enough to remove and replace, 30second job!

Hi guys, was just giving my car a wash and wanted to get under the bump strips as it gets pretty grubby under them, only problem is that people say that it's just a slide off job but I found this...

ryjazu8a.jpg

Is that normal? And if so how do I go about getting the strips off? :)

Arctic 182FF
Hi guys, was just giving my car a wash and wanted to get under the bump strips as it gets pretty grubby under them, only problem is that people say that it's just a slide off job but I found this...

Is that normal? And if so how do I go about getting the strips off? :)

Not entirely sure what part of the car that is. The way I take off the bumpstrips is to get something blunt, cover it in a cloth or something to stop it scratching the paint, and use it to push the rear bumpstrip towards the front of the car and the front one towards the rear.

Not entirely sure what part of the car that is. The way I take off the bumpstrips is to get something blunt, cover it in a cloth or something to stop it scratching the paint, and use it to push the rear bumpstrip towards the front of the car and the front one towards the rear.

Sorry, should've made that one clear! That's the front passenger side door with the grommet taken off to get to the bump strips :)
I'll give it a shot with your advice ;)

Arctic 182FF
Sorry, should've made that one clear! That's the front passenger side door with the grommet taken off to get to the bump strips :)
I'll give it a shot with your advice ;)

Hmm ok, I've never noticed that before. I may have only ever taken the side strips off my old 3 door clio, haven't had the need to do it on my 5 door so I can't help you much sorry :/

Started doing the boot button today, sanded down and done 4 coats of primer:

7e5yhuqa.jpg

Just need to sand the primer, add the TED69 paint from Halfords and then lacquer! :)

I also removed the bump strips and gave her a good wash all over today! :)

sedyzu3a.jpg

ve8a6a4u.jpg

denyzu4y.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Good purchase with the pre colour coded spoiler. Should make the back end look a lot better. You should get a 172 rear bumper too ;)

Arctic 182FF
Can you get 172 bumper in TED69 or only in ICEBERG SILVER?

They don't do a sport in the same silver as your cars as far as I know so you'd have to buy one and then get it sprayed the right colour.

Good shout ;) I don't want to mess around with changing sizes and stuff, because I know with some bumpers you have to completely change the back end - Is that the same with a 172 or not? :)

For the 172 rear bumper you just need the bumper and the arch liners as they are different on a 172. Not a huge job as far as I know. It's the front sport bumper that you need the front wings as well.

They don't do a sport in the same silver as your cars as far as I know so you'd have to buy one and then get it sprayed the right colour.

For the 172 rear bumper you just need the bumper and the arch liners as they are different on a 172. Not a huge job as far as I know. It's the front sport bumper that you need the front wings as well.

Gutted that they don't do the sport in our colour! Sucks! :( Might just skip changing the bumper for that reason tbh, cba with the hassle of getting hold of a bumper and then spraying it :L Maybe in the future :)

Arctic 182FF
Gutted that they don't do the sport in our colour! Sucks! :( Might just skip changing the bumper for that reason tbh, cba with the hassle of getting hold of a bumper and then spraying it :L Maybe in the future :)

I paid someone to source, paint and fit mine. Can't remember exactly how much it cost because I had other bits done, it's certainly one of my favourite modifications though.

I paid someone to source, paint and fit mine. Can't remember exactly how much it cost because I had other bits done, it's certainly one of my favourite modifications though.

I do agree that it looks super sexy but just can't be bothered with that at the moment :) Plus running low on cash atm :L

EDIT: Also I'm not planning on spending too much on the car because, at the end of the day, I don't plan on keeping it forever! :)

Arctic 182FF
I do agree that it looks super sexy but just can't be bothered with that at the moment :) Plus running low on cash atm :L

EDIT: Also I'm not planning on spending too much on the car because, at the end of the day, I don't plan on keeping it forever! :)

Ah fair enough, makes sense :)