ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

Well, my new wheel trims have arrived today! Well annoyed though, it's hardly rained today then as soon as I get home BAM it rains - Just waiting to fit them now! Will have some before & afters up once they're on! :)

Also, a quick one guys regarding my foot well SMDs, where have you guys put yours because mine keep falling off where I've put them
ta9amasu.jpg
(Bad quality but you can see the red and black wires)
It might just be s**t 3M but the surface it's on is quite rough rather than the ideal flat :)

Well, my new wheel trims have arrived today! Well annoyed though, it's hardly rained today then as soon as I get home BAM it rains - Just waiting to fit them now! Will have some before & afters up once they're on! :)

Also, a quick one guys regarding my foot well SMDs, where have you guys put yours because mine keep falling off where I've put them
ta9amasu.jpg
(Bad quality but you can see the red and black wires)
It might just be s**t 3M but the surface it's on is quite rough rather than the ideal flat :)

First u should degrease the plastics. I used spray adhesive, 3m is crap.

Yeah but you cant clean it with soap lol or fairy lol it cant leave residue, alcohol wipes, electrical cleaner etc etc are good. Yeah i put mine where yours but i took them off today, going to upgrade them.

Project Update:

Wheel trims arrived today - Here is what they look like off of the car:
IMG_2356_zps9c9e63f8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Old wheel trims:
IMG_2358_zps414e7ff5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New trims:
IMG_2365_zpsfe183fd9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think it changes the look of the car tbh and for under £20 it's a much cheaper alternative to getting some alloys!

Sorry about the bad quality, it got dark and I didn't want to use the flash, I wanted natural light - I'll get some better quality pictures up tomorrow hopefully if I get home in time!

You could try clear silicone buddy, sticks like s**t to a blanket.

I'd only use a tiny dab in a few places rather than a full strip but that should hold it.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
im looking at getting some decent ones im thinking if im gonna do it i might as well do it properly, im only just starting working on my car so much i want to do

Project update:

So I haven't managed to get pictures up of the new wheel trims today in the daylight but I definitely shall tomorrow (Maybe after I've washed her if I'm not too busy!)

I have also tonight sorted my interior door handle situation now, so all four of my interior handles are black & silver Artorius - I'll get some pictures up of those tomorrow in better light as well!

Starting to put the finishing touches on my foot well SMDs as well; all I need is to solder the parallel circuit, attach the SMDs, wire in the fuse holder, get the right fuse and finally solder the switch and it shall be complete!

Last edited:
You could try clear silicone buddy, sticks like s**t to a blanket.

I'd only use a tiny dab in a few places rather than a full strip but that should hold it.

I sort of ran with your idea and grabbed some 'No More Nails' down B&Q but it hasn't worked at all - I assumed it'd do the job of the silicone better as it's designed to do it but it just peeled off! Do you reckon silicone would be a better shout than No More Nails?

Not been doing much at the moment, been busy with work and other things! I have been slowly progressing with the LEDs in the foot wells, it's just getting the rear ones to stick! Wiring mostly done now, just need to get a fuse and to wire the switch up and I'll be sorted!

Hi guys, I haven't posted in ages as I've just got back from a week away in Tunisia and have also been super busy at work!

Speaking of Tunisia the Clio's over there are so odd! Take a look! (Not my photo, just one I found on Google)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56027938@N00/2499823652/

I am hoping to get back to work with the Clio - Definitely want to finish the lighting etc. for LED lights in the foot wells and get that all sorted! So hopefully I'll be updating with the finished result in the next few weeks!

I've managed to get back on track slightly, tonight I've been making some holes for switches!
ureba8ym.jpg

It doesn't look amazing but it'll be hidden away in the glovebox so it's all good! Once that's sorted I can finally finish off wiring in my footwell LEDs!

I've now completed the holes for both switches and I actually managed to get my footwell LED circuit working tonight! Only issue is the illuminating switch that powered them was staying on - I went to switch the wires over and melted the switch...I genuinely blame the s**t soldering iron that I bought, I can't even use the end of the b*****d to heat the solder up, i have to use the sides!
So I'll now have to order a new switch and re-solder the circuit!

Cool mate what u got planned next? What's with all the soldering can't you just get some male or female connectors to crimp onto the switch ?

Here's my mates I put in for him he had white LEDs
4ura7yqy.jpg