ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

I've got some good news and some bad :/ I got a set of four 'sport' handles but apparently the door mechanisms are different on the rear handles - They're not cable operated, they're operated by rods or something :( So I'm going to have to look into that! I've done the front two handles though, pictures once they're uploaded :)

Here are the handles before and after :) Nice improvement and they also feel a lot more sturdy being metal than the original plastics

Before:
IMG_2352_zpsba2e918b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After:
IMG_2354_zpscdb544d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What do you think?

Yeah that looks neat. I will work on interior after i finish exterior cos i want to swap stearing wheel, door cards, seats and audio system but that can wait hehe exterior most important now. Saving up for powder coated alloys now.

Yeah that looks neat. I will work on interior after i finish exterior cos i want to swap stearing wheel, door cards, seats and audio system but that can wait hehe exterior most important now. Saving up for powder coated alloys now.

Cheers :) Yeah, I'm looking at my door cards and wondering if the fabric would look better black than the light grey that it is - Will have to consider that one! And I'm looking into the exterior too, really want to colour code it and get some black wheel trims (I know they aren't alloys but they're an affordable alternative ATM :rasp:)

Thats what i want black cards and seats and few plastic bits painted blue electric metallic. Change the dashboard lights to green or blue, replace the heaters control cos the paint is peeling off lol

Thats what i want black cards and seats and few plastic bits painted blue electric metallic. Change the dashboard lights to green or blue, replace the heaters control cos the paint is peeling off lol
I'm looking into the route of just changing the fabric rather than the whole door card. What bits are you going to be painting blue? And I owuld really LOVE to change the dashboard lights to blue but I know that I'd completely mess the whole thing up! lol

Monaco
How easy is it to replace the door fabric out of interest?

Door cards out; remove bolt from inside interior handle, one inside the handle with the window controls and 3 along the bottom. Then its just clips that pop off when pulled in an outward & upward motion.

The fabric just pops off the doorcard. Retrimming is easy and will be as good a job as you make it. Buy a good adhesive and take your time. The technique is very like sticking vinyl when watching for air bubbles. Make sure you pull it round the edges and stick it down. The back can look really messy as its all hidden. The re-fit. Took me half a day all in to do a very good job.

No point changing fabrics as door cards are very cheap im gonna paint handles and that greyish stripe above glovebox,and next to stearimg wheel also electric wondows controls and bits and.bobs

I disagree. Makes a huge difference getting the interior properly sorted. Dark plastics, leather and alcantara. Cant go wrong. Not having the doorcards matching the seats would bug the hell out of me.

Door cards out; remove bolt from inside interior handle, one inside the handle with the window controls and 3 along the bottom. Then its just clips that pop off when pulled in an outward & upward motion.

The fabric just pops off the doorcard. Retrimming is easy and will be as good a job as you make it. Buy a good adhesive and take your time. The technique is very like sticking vinyl when watching for air bubbles. Make sure you pull it round the edges and stick it down. The back can look really messy as its all hidden. The re-fit. Took me half a day all in to do a very good job.

Cheers, I'll look into that then :)

Remove window stickers. Now

What window stickers? :L The ones in the corner? :L

The big white sticker on the door :) and any others you may have.
I've got the elf sticker left on my boot. Dying to remove it, and I will.
Ahh okay, fair point, may do that at some point soon :) Sounds easy, peel it off with some white spirit :)
Hopefully going to do the wiring for my LEDs again soon, still waiting for the SMDs from Hong Kong but will wire the switch and put the wiring in place ready for them :)

Good point lol i removed my yesterday and gomma get rid of the back one too, no problem with removing it they just peel off. I wouldnt bother ordering stuff from hong kong ebay cos delivery takes ages and very often things you order are crap, ordered some smd before and few were not working etc etc

Good point lol i removed my yesterday and gomma get rid of the back one too, no problem with removing it they just peel off. I wouldnt bother ordering stuff from hong kong ebay cos delivery takes ages and very often things you order are crap, ordered some smd before and few were not working etc etc
I know but I thought I'd chance it, if it's s**t then it's only a few quid wasted and I can get some good ones from the UK :)

Try these strips, 15 smd 30cm is more than enough i had to cut mine to fit them along. Do a wiring to a car lighter switch or dome light, dont forget to fuse them with 1-2A fuse, you can get in line fuse holder for 99p of ebay with fuse, switch as well 99p

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181293937851

They might take a month to deliver lol.
I never saw a fuse holder included a fuse. I bought them separate ended up buying a set of 50...dammit

Yeah, mine were like £2.99 for a set of 4 ;) So cheaper than 99p each :p
That's a question - I've got an old fuse holder but the wire is thicker than the wire I'm using to wire my LEDs; that doesn't matter, right? Also, does it matter if you use a fuse bigger than 1-2A - I suuuuck at electrics! :rasp:

Project update:

My new SMD LEDs for my footwells arrived today! Spent a good few hours sorting all of the wiring out, just waiting for my soldering kit to be delivered so that I can wire it all up! Glad I got 10m of 2-core cable! I had around half a metre left over in the end, with no mistakes! - Again, I can't thank Matt911 enough for all of the help he gave me sorting that all out!
Can't wait to see what the end result is! Should be ace! I've even got a blue illumintaed switch to go in the glovebox to match the LEDs ;)

Also, ordered a new set of black wheel trims which should arrive tomorrow or Friday so as soon as they arrive they're going on and I'm getting some pictures! They should also look ace!

That's a question - I've got an old fuse holder but the wire is thicker than the wire I'm using to wire my LEDs; that doesn't matter, right? Also, does it matter if you use a fuse bigger than 1-2A - I suuuuck at electrics! :rasp:

The point of a fuse is to break incase the lights go wrong etc. if you put a higher fuse in it probs won't break in time for anything else to happen.

Lets say your wiring can support current up to 5A if you will put fuse lets say 10A the cables will heat up and melt before the fuse will breake so its very important to use proper fuse to prevent that. Calculate how much current your leds use and then use proper fuse, one SMD is 20ma or 0.02A. Also its always better to use thicker wiring even for leds. I noticed few days ago that my rca cables that go from head unit to amp simply melted lol so im gonna make my own rca cable with 12 gauge cable.

Clio Campus Phase2
very nice changes!

if I were you, I would kept the black trim of the original door handle, and replace the handle itself by the metal one... keeping the "grey" trim make the black window controller look a little bit different...

I used electrical connectors didnt solder cables in case if i will want to change somethimg or upgrade i can always just pull the plug out lol
I'm making a paralell curcuit, plus I will be able to remove the solder, just get the soldering iron back out ;)
The point of a fuse is to break incase the lights go wrong etc. if you put a higher fuse in it probs won't break in time for anything else to happen.
I thought so, just wanted to double check :) Cheers ;)
one SMD is 20ma or 0.02A.
Do you mean that one strip = 0.02A or one individual SMD?
very nice changes!

if I were you, I would kept the black trim of the original door handle, and replace the handle itself by the metal one... keeping the "grey" trim make the black window controller look a little bit different...
That's a good shout to be honest, I might just look into that buddy ;) Thanks for the advice and I'm glad you like the changes :)