ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

I scraped the glue off but after that badge wouldnt hold in place again.

Fair enough

As far as I remember I just used a wooden/rubber mallet to hit the diamond out of the surround from the back. It still kind of clips back in place so you shouldn't have to glue it (I never did, and this was well over a year ago).

Alright, I'll give that a try, seems like a quicker approach to scraping glue off ;) Haha

So here are the results of yesterday's PlastiDipping!

7adynypu.jpg

e9ypasyg.jpg

I like it but I'll see how it goes, if I decide I don't then I can just peel it off! :)
Will make an attempt on the rear diamond this week - Was going to do it tonight but it's too late now (well that's my excuse anyway!) ;):p

Warning: Long post!

So, I've finally finished all of my spraying! Day off today (well, I started at 6 and finished just after 8) so I decided to do my rear diamond :)

From this:
aza9egad.jpg

To this:
a9y6etu7.jpg

If I hadn't have colour coded the button I really don't think this would've worked, but I have an it does!

The rear of the car now:
5y2usa6u.jpg

Seems as it's payday for me either tomorrow or Friday I think I'm going to treat myself to a new set of number plates as the current ones really do let the rear down (plus the fact that it's not colour coded!)

I also invested in some Auto Glym (think that's how it's spelt) Trim and Bumper gel as matt911 mentioned it on here! Went over the grill as it was looking very grey - Don't know if that pictures will do it justice

Half done, half not:
rydu6ebe.jpg

All done:
retyvyte.jpg
(Forgot to get one with the bonnet closed!)

I also did other bits on the car and this stuff is amazing!
Before:
y2e7e3e5.jpg

After:
ve8yde4a.jpg

So well worth the money in my opinion!

That's it for today, depending on how the weather looks tomorrow (torrential downpours are forecast) I may crack out my 3M kit and restore my headlights as I feel they let down the front of the car! Fingers crossed for the weather :)

Last edited:
I love your boot button im wanting to do this to mine but keep the badge silver, Id prefer to keep the diamonds original i think it looks best imo.

It will come eventually but im too busy getting these babies to fit hehheheh....

IMG_0527_zps7d792cc2.jpg

I love your boot button im wanting to do this to mine but keep the badge silver, Id prefer to keep the diamonds original i think it looks best imo.

It will come eventually but im too busy getting these babies to fit hehheheh....

IMG_0527_zps7d792cc2.jpg

Fair play, I like the diamonds black, makes the car stand out if you know what I mean :) Best bit with PlastiDip though, if I wake up tomorrow and hate it I can just peel it off! :)
Saw the wheels on your thread, a unique choice! It'll be interesting to see what they look like on the car :)

Haven't updated in ages as I've been saving my pennies for a new tattoo! I did however buy two new primed wing mirror covers on eBay so once they come I'll get them all sprayed and put them on the car!
Also I'm going to be getting some new number plates very soon! :)

Just a quick one, in my old Dynamique I could adjust the lowest wiper blade setting on the stalk whereas on my Expression I can't - If I bought a stalk from a Dynamique then could I do a straight swap?

Hi guys, haven't done a proper update in a while!

So, as mentioned previously I ordered some primed wing mirror covers - I got them, sprayed them and attached them! The spraying went absolutely awful, the lacquer starting 'spitting' whilst I was spraying and ruined everything! But tbh I'll probably scratch them at some point so I didn't bother starting over!
Gave her a clean today so here is what she looks like at the moment...

7umyra2u.jpg

I've ordered some new number plates today, not sure what to expect as I ended up ordering them from eBay as they were only £12 - I'll have to wait and see what they're like when they arrive!
I still need to get around to restoring my headlights as they're horrible! Just need to steal my dad's drill!

So, overall what I've done to the car so far:

- RS Grill
- Standard Alloys
- Silver Visions - Front & rear
- Xenon main beam & dipped
- LED Sidelights & Interior
- CREE Reverse Lights
- Foot well LEDs
- Aero Twin Wipers
- Colour coded wing mirrors & boot button
- PlastiDipped - Rear & front Diamond, Centre Caps & Rear 'Clio' logo
- Aftermarket radio & speakers
- Subwoofer

Achieved quite a lot but got a way to go yet, still want to colour code the bump strips, get myself some better mats etc.

I'd love to get myself the leather interior seats but with the whole airbag not working issue I just don't want to risk it!

Anyways, if anyone's bothered to read this then thanks! And any tips would be greatly appreciated! :D

Titanium 182
Should already be there, but Renault being as crazy as they are it would be best to check the fog loom connector is there at N/S front fog blank.

The wiring isn't already there, there is no attachment in the fuse box for it so you would need to buy a kit (think there is one on eBay, not too sure) where you wire it through to a switch on the inside of the car and connect an power and ground. I tried to install fogs thinking it would be a simple get a new stalk and fogs and connect it to a hanging connecter behind the bumper. You can however go fully into this and replace the loom behind the dash if you like but that would take some time. Sorry for the paragraph

Haven't seen this for a while, keep the updates coming mate.

The wiring isn't already there, there is no attachment in the fuse box for it so you would need to buy a kit (think there is one on eBay, not too sure) where you wire it through to a switch on the inside of the car and connect an power and ground. I tried to install fogs thinking it would be a simple get a new stalk and fogs and connect it to a hanging connecter behind the bumper. You can however go fully into this and replace the loom behind the dash if you like but that would take some time. Sorry for the paragraph

Haven't seen this for a while, keep the updates coming mate.

Ahh okay, sounds like a right ball ache to me! Maybe if I've got some spare cash I'll chuck the lights in there but not use them! Haha :L

And cheers, haven't done much in a while, doing it more in the long run now - A little every so often :)

Titanium 182
Ahh okay, sounds like a right ball ache to me! Maybe if I've got some spare cash I'll chuck the lights in there but not use them! Haha :L

And cheers, haven't done much in a while, doing it more in the long run now - A little every so often :)

I use to just have some fogs in on mine and they weren't plugged into anything, just made the front look a little better, removed them and stuck the blanks back in after my yellow spray started to peel in some heavy rain we had once, don't see many with fogs so makes a little change I think. maybe not very often but not never as often updates if that made sense.

I use to just have some fogs in on mine and they weren't plugged into anything, just made the front look a little better, removed them and stuck the blanks back in after my yellow spray started to peel in some heavy rain we had once, don't see many with fogs so makes a little change I think. maybe not very often but not never as often updates if that made sense.

Yeah, I think you're right - It does look like something is missing, might be because my 3dr had them so maybe I'm just used to them ;)

Didn't understand the updates bit, sorry ;) Do you mean don't leave it so long? :L

Titanium 182
Yeah, I think you're right - It does look like something is missing, might be because my 3dr had them so maybe I'm just used to them ;)

Didn't understand the updates bit, sorry ;) Do you mean don't leave it so long? :L

I prefer mine without fogs, you don't really need them IMO, saying that, once I do have some on my next car when I finally start to save for one I'll probably be one of those fog light w*****s with them on all the time

And yeah don't leave it so long ;)

I prefer mine without fogs, you don't really need them IMO, saying that, once I do have some on my next car when I finally start to save for one I'll probably be one of those fog light w*****s with them on all the time

And yeah don't leave it so long ;)

No you don't need them over here, had my 3dr over a year and didn't use them once for actual fog :L I was a fog light wanker until I realised that I was being a wanker and I didn't use them after that :L

Haha, I'll try not to ;) Tbh, only reason it was this long was because I just forked out £450 for a tattoo ;)

That's your fog light loom connector. The other story is, is it really connected to anything haha.

Only one way to find out? You'll need both fogs the loom that connects them both to the plug above and the stalk, not until then will you know it will work or not - unless you check for the apparent fuse.

Ah okay, haha, this should keep me busy :L I'll have a look for a fuse guide :)
I had a look on the other side and I couldn't spot a connector there, does that indicate something? :L

EDIT: Just had a look at the fuses, I believe front fogs are fuse number 18 and there is nothing in there, so I assume they wouldn't work if I got some?

Last edited:
As Willsam said further up you'll have to wire a fuse in conjunction with the loom. Still weird that the connector is there but not fused...

There would be no connector on the other side as the fog light loom connects to the above plug then the loom attaches to both fog lamps either side.

As Willsam said further up you'll have to wire a fuse in conjunction with the loom. Still weird that the connector is there but not fused...

There would be no connector on the other side as the fog light loom connects to the above plug then the loom attaches to both fog lamps either side.
Ahh okay, sounds like a big ball ache to me :L If I see some cheap fog lights I might just invest in them for the look of the car but not actually wire them up then :L

Titanium 182
I have some cheapo fogs one has a bit of a crack on the back. But then you'll need the loom and stalk. Swear I sold the other bits I had to Willsam ha.

Nah mate you didn't sell them to me, I'm the one who turned up at your house at about half 1 in the morning for a rear beam bolt

Must be dreaming name rung a bell even before the drum bolt. Someone has it, if I find their name I'll tag them in here to see how they got on with fogs etc.

So, today I've done two little bits! Firstly I changed my washer jets from the originals to some Citroën mist ones
44c606c709a304bff1aa1a0226681afd.jpg

Top/Right = New
Bottom/Left = Old

They look reasonably different but the spray patterns are completely different!
http://youtu.be/khdjOmzlolA The left is the new jet and the right is the old jet :) Not too sure how they'll fair on the motorway but I'm sure I'll find out :)
Then I fitted my new plates! And I couldn't be happier!
Old plates:

991189ba38022904a766c9f009754e6b.jpg

da3567ea60ebfa91d63e675e3d60b254.jpg

New plates:

e44f3ac5f6b5a9206c3080894ca36702.jpg

f08437b45a15b9c844741426ac196ac3.jpg

Whilst I had the front plate off I thought I'd see what the car looked like, pretty sexy IMO
d56af952a4f1528491e18b9584764a8a.jpg

So, that was today! Very happy with both changes to the car! Next on my list is to get sports pedals and a leather interior! :)

1.2 Mk2 Clio
Wow, love the progress on that, you should definitely look into polishing up those headlights, try getting a Quixx kit from Amazon for like a tenner and see what that does, you're n/s one should polish up decent enough. Good progress though mate. The badges and RS grille look fab

Wow, love the progress on that, you should definitely look into polishing up those headlights, try getting a Quixx kit from Amazon for like a tenner and see what that does, you're n/s one should polish up decent enough. Good progress though mate. The badges and RS grille look fab
Thank you very much! :)

I've got a 3M kit sat in my drawer at the moment - Haven't got a drill to do it with though and really busy at work atm! Hopefully in the not too distant future I'm going to steal my dad's drill and do the headlights as they're the only thing letting the front of the car down now!

And glad you like the grill and badges :) Well worth the time & money :)

1.2 Mk2 Clio
Thank you very much! :)

I've got a 3M kit sat in my drawer at the moment - Haven't got a drill to do it with though and really busy at work atm! Hopefully in the not too distant future I'm going to steal my dad's drill and do the headlights as they're the only thing letting the front of the car down now!
Yeah definitely will improve it, be sure to show the update!