ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 200t

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I picked it up yesterday but I'd had 2 test drives in it prior to buying. I previously had an mp260 focus ST which I absolutely loved, but felt it was time for a change.

I know these cars don't seem to get the best reception on here. Personally I quite like the gearbox.

It's got the cup chassis, heated leather seats and the r sport computer. Compared to my old 197 it's much nicer to drive. Can't get any better pictures as it's constantly pissing down!

Thanks for looking.

a944064624bbd9a0be4b1d25a2261e08.jpg

58e20907342adfdff0207b927cbba127.jpg

0d4324c560f1d1e65719c94262d76594.jpg

292048c6cd45da7e8c64457dbb7d9593.jpg

225 Cup & Williams
I love that.

You don't see many in silver even though it really suits it.

I can't get a test drive in one of these anywhere in Scotland.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I love that.

You don't see many in silver even though it really suits it.

I can't get a test drive in one of these anywhere in Scotland.
They're very rare down by me as well. Mainly due to Renaults terrible marketing and pricing I guess.

I couldn't believe it when this turned up at the Renault dealership 8 miles down the road!

Clio 182
I like these, never seen a silver one, looks great.
My only issue is the seats, they dont look 'sporty' enough.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I like these, never seen a silver one, looks great.
My only issue is the seats, they dont look 'sporty' enough.
If it helps, they're as good as the seats I had in my 59 plate focus st. Not that that changes the looks lol.

Clio 182
If it helps, they're as good as the seats I had in my 59 plate focus st. Not that that changes the looks lol.

Im sure they are hugging and supportive but to me it seems a shame they dont have a recaro option like previous models.
Lovely car though, how does it compare to the focus?

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Im sure they are hugging and supportive but to me it seems a shame they dont have a recaro option like previous models.
Lovely car though, how does it compare to the focus?
I've only owned it for a day so far but the difference in torque is massive. 400nm compared to 240nm in the clio. The clio is much stiffer and gives me a lot more confidence in corners. I wouldn't say I feel a massive difference in speed either.

Clio 182
I've only owned it for a day so far but the difference in torque is massive. 400nm compared to 240nm in the clio. The clio is much stiffer and gives me a lot more confidence in corners. I wouldn't say I feel a massive difference in speed either.

Was your focus mapped or was it standard?

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Was your focus mapped or was it standard?
It had the mountune mp260 package on it. I'm pretty sure that if both cars were side by side, the focus would pull away though lol. If I get the clio mapped then possibly similar pace due to the weight difference.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Do these come with four years full Renault warranty from new?
What sort of money did you pay for it?
Liking the four doors that others hate.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
4 doors is lovely tbh, much better then getting out to let people in. Yes, I've still got around 2 years warranty left on it. Will pm you price etc.

225 Cup & Williams
I couldn't say atm but from what I've heard, 30+mpg. I do quite a bit of town driving with work. If I can beat the 24mpg I was getting out of my ST then I'll be happy.

30+ would be decent.

What's the ride like too? Is it quite harsh with the cup chassis?

225 Cup & Williams
Compared to my focus it's very stiff but I wouldn't say uncomfortable. Used it on some country roads today and it was great fun.

Sounds good.

I seen a liquid yellow & a flame red one today down near Carlisle and they looked brilliant on the road.

Makes my itch for one even worse haha.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Sounds good.

I seen a liquid yellow & a flame red one today down near Carlisle and they looked brilliant on the road.

Makes my itch for one even worse haha.
Definitely get a drive in one first. I had concerns about the gearbox but when I drove it I really didn't see any problems with it.

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah I wouldn't even consider buying until I had a proper drive in one. Looks like I'll have to travel to get a drive in one though.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
surely even with the cup pack they are no where near as stiff as the 197/200, the ride on our diesel one is fantastic, silky smooth! I drove a GT one and it was the same

225 Cup & Williams
surely even with the cup pack they are no where near as stiff as the 197/200, the ride on our diesel one is fantastic, silky smooth! I drove a GT one and it was the same

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

The few drives I've had in the previous 200 the first thing I noticed was the rock hard ride. I couldn't put up with it everyday.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 200 cup was terrible, I felt it was too stiff for the road, R27 is perfect though, stiff yes but not overly stiff, ive heard the ride in the new 200t is ment to be really good but not sure if that's cup or not

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Cheers, report back when you have had it for a month or so ;)
I've had it for around 4 weeks now. Currently on 27.1mpg with lots of town driving.

For town I'll leave it in auto, otherwise I put it in sport mode and manual. I love it on the country roads but I do miss the torque of the ST.

No regrets with buying the car so far!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The economy on these has surprised me. Thought it would a fair bit higher, seems they're no more economical than my Octavia, which is heavier, more powerful, and manual.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The economy on these has surprised me. Thought it would a fair bit higher, seems they're no more economical than my Octavia, which is heavier, more powerful, and manual.
This. Modern small cc petrol's seem great. Like the Fiesta ST.

Astra vxr
Getting mine in two months. Could you tell anything about the gearbox delay every reviews talk? Thanks in advance