ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

mso

172 cup supercharged
I'm really interested to see how this does, how is it with delivery? Does it pop or bang on lift off?

Is there a loud whine from th sc or is quite discreet? Sorry for all the questions :)

It will only rev to 4500rpm still running her in but it's nice and smooth up to there can hear the supercharger more now sounds really good no popping or banging on lift off biggest surprise at the moment is how well it goes round corners with the gripper diff fitted. Every time I drive it, it seems quicker where the engine is loosening up from what it feels like at the moment I'm not going to be disappointed when it's running full power!!

Renault 5 Turbo
It will only rev to 4500rpm still running her in but it's nice and smooth up to there can hear the supercharger more now sounds really good no popping or banging on lift off biggest surprise at the moment is how well it goes round corners with the gripper diff fitted. Every time I drive it, it seems quicker where the engine is loosening up from what it feels like at the moment I'm not going to be disappointed when it's running full power!!

You definitely won't be disappointed mate ;) i like the wolf in sheep's clothing approach you've gone for, it'll be surprising a few vehicles on the road the likes of frs's maybe :)

My mate has a corsa running a Z20LET engine packing 270hp and 330lb/ft with enlarged brakes and uprated suspension, but it looks like a normal SRI ;)

SQ5
I showed up FRS's in my 240bhp SC Clio.

Install looks very good and neat! I've got something in the pipeline (third SC Clio lol) for a winter project now I have a garage next to my house!

big boost cup

Install looks very good and neat! I've got something in the pipeline (third SC Clio lol) for a winter project now I have a garage next to my house!

After your last one this next one might be very impressive.

Renault 5 Turbo

I'll be honest i've never been in a sc clio before, but i'm thinking a bit rapid to beat frs's ;) sweet!!

Like the sound of this little project though, stripped out track car, or road going racer?

SQ5
Tom yours was my second one running 330 bhp, that never had a run with anything really :(

New project is still a bit undecided as of yet :)

big boost cup
I'm hoping that it will last not holding much hope though. Drag racing it ain't going to help it to much either

mso

172 cup supercharged
Is that in the box or something else supporting the whole thing

I think its inside the box ill find out next week, as long as you are not ragging it away from lights all the time there shouldnt be any problems!!!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just need to get some of ktecs new cams in there now,have you ever asked ktec about a ITB s/c set up,I know they have done it with there turbo car if only a one off at present.I want to add ITBS to my cams and then go down the forged s/c route if it can be done.

Renault 5 Turbo
Just need to get some of ktecs new cams in there now,have you ever asked ktec about a ITB s/c set up,I know they have done it with there turbo car if only a one off at present.I want to add ITBS to my cams and then go down the forged s/c route if it can be done.

Spoke to them about that, and there's a lot of work involved with sealing the itb's for a pressurized system

Qashcow
Itb inlet manifolds inside a plenum chamber having removed the butterflies and using a single throttle body at the end of the plenum. Common on jap turbo'd stuff to ensure even AFR on a longer engine/inlet manifold (RB26 etc) where the inlet is at one end like the standard f4r inlets. Unlike a super2000 inlet which is generally mounted centrally.

Evo 5 RS
Depends how difficult it is to manufacture, I've not seen them advertise it anywhere... It's been done from factory on a handful of cars, and although most people say itb's are redundant with a turbo that's not true at all, you'd still see an average increase of about 30bhp if it were tested properly (though on an F4R who knows). You'd have to do a lot of testing with certain sizes. If it was too small you'd end up bottle necking top end power and just ruining the car.

Infact on reflection, just don't bother imo LOL

mso

172 cup supercharged
The car is really going well now engine runs perfect up to 4500rpm every day it seems to get quicker and there is still another 130+ bhp to come!! Again if you want your car to handle better get a diff fitted they are awesome keep an eye out on YouTube I'll post speedo vid as soon as I can

mso

172 cup supercharged
New seats arrived today some nice Corbeau pro series get them fitted on Monday, engine mapped on Tuesday I'll let you know how she does on the RR. I also have some budget bucket seats for sale with sparco harness brake calipers with pagid blue pads and standard seats front and back and 17inch wheels with toya t1r tyres these are down at Ktec I'm open to offers on all the parts need to sale them ASAP

mso

172 cup supercharged
quick power run still with cat on and running rich top end made 320 hp tomorrow decat pipe and tweeks to map should be 335hp ish

53 Clio's & counting
none taken mate the car will make whatever bhp it can but these are rr figures not someone making them up then add on 10bhp!!!!

Same as Pauls dude, done on a dyno dynamics rollers so safe to say his result is accurate :)

Will be interesting to see what the final outcome will be

SQ5
I wasn't getting funny, I was just asking as it seemed weird with an extra half bar making equal power. It only broke down on the way home as fifth gear took a s**t, I weren't driving it home with only 4 gears! Engine was all fine and no problems, Paul is very well respected on here and his rollers are "bang on".

You know yourself with the mapping problems and ktec from your past experience with them as do a couple of other ktec/supercharger customers