ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

Evo 5 RS
Think they've got a super flow fitted now, or going to.

I'll leave off of the operator required jokes

It does seem like an awesome car!

Last edited:

mso

172 cup supercharged
I wasn't getting funny, I was just asking as it seemed weird with an extra half bar making equal power. It only broke down on the way home as fifth gear took a s**t, I weren't driving it home with only 4 gears! Engine was all fine and no problems, Paul is very well respected on here and his rollers are "bang on".

You know yourself with the mapping problems and ktec from your past experience with them as do a couple of other ktec/supercharger customers

Im not saying rs tunning sc car didnt make there claimed power im not bothered about them my car had 1 problem when it was first done and that was fixed straight away thats why my car went back to them for more work just read what redline mag has to say about it!!!!!!

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Looking forward to some pics/vids when she's all done mate very interesting build this. Lets hope a decent project thread doesn't turn into another certain tuner bashing thread
:boring:

mso

172 cup supercharged
should be taking her out tomorrow for a quick blast vids very soon seeing Redline on thursday Ktec will put it on there blog page soon

mso

172 cup supercharged
had a quick go in her today and f**k me is it quick the way it pulls through the gears is unbelievable 330bhp and about 265 of torque well f**king done ktec you built a very angry little car also took matt out in it so you can have a second opinion his handmarks are still in the seats!!! Hope you enjoyed the ride mate

mso

172 cup supercharged
Nice result, I bet that shifts! Get some vids up :clap: would be wanting more torque though is it defo 265?
Trust me the torque of the car is great when your driving it,rev limit is 7700rpm sounds bloody great remember this car was built with reliablity in mind the way it reaches 120mph is outstanding even in 5th gear a whiff of throttle and its gone

SQ5
Yea superchargers use a lot of torque to be turned in the first place so don't create a final great figure (think thats correct lol)

Qashcow
they spin in 5th in the wet at 155mph with 280bhp lol.

torque kills gearboxes, power is what you need to stay on the reliable side :)

Renault 5 Turbo
I'll have to agree it was an animal, absolutely awesome lol, I think I'm still shaking ;) I like the way it'll tootle along through town then get it out in the open and boom it's f£&kin gone, cheers for the ride out mark that was mint lol ;) absolutely brutal :)

SQ5
Really Dave? Mine never had traction problems with 240 or 330, I used the 240 in the snow and ice and it did, but we can't count that ;)

Renault 5 Turbo
That's the one thing that really surprised it got the power down so well, and not even a hint of wheelspin when the loud pedal was buried, very impressive car indeed...... I want ;)

RS 133
nice build and looks like ktec did a good job. saw them about getting my 133 turbo charged, needless to say the costs for a low boost are about the same of getting a clio forged and high boost lol. and now isnt possible with such small room at the back as the wall is closer then on the clios :( but seeing this it is so tempting to not sell it and charge it :)
again very nice build.
what tyres would you be thinking of running this at the latter end of the year?

mso

172 cup supercharged
Got me car back home today, and f**k me was that a drive home!! The only way I can describe it, it's like a 600cc motobike it just revs and revs like you wouldn't believe all useable power, the way it goes well into 3 figures is bloody mad it just does not stop till you hit the limiter in top! more than pleased with the car so a very big thank you to the Ktec guys for doing such a great job on my car. Redline are coming next Friday for photo shoot etc going in issue 174. Speedo vid very soon!!!!!!!

2.2 bar shed.

Both me and bomber have been over this, his decision though. Just hope he sticks to the rebuild schedules, theyre certainly not fit and forget like a quaiffe.

Still interested in seeing this, would be interesting to see how it fairs against my 270bhp + nitrous rover shed thing. You're only up the road as well.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Both me and bomber have been over this, his decision though. Just hope he sticks to the rebuild schedules, theyre certainly not fit and forget like a quaiffe.

Still interested in seeing this, would be interesting to see how it fairs against my 270bhp + nitrous rover shed thing. You're only up the road as well.

The gripper is only set at 20% it's hardly doing it's job these modern ones are more or less fit and forget when I come for a oil change I'll do the diff as well so no big problem! I'll gladly show you what the rear end of my car looks like if your down this way let me know!!!!;)

2.2 bar shed.
The gripper is only set at 20% it's hardly doing it's job these modern ones are more or less fit and forget when I come for a oil change I'll do the diff as well so no big problem! I'll gladly show you what the rear end of my car looks like if your down this way let me know!!!!;)

I've got 200 jets fitted ;)

Qashcow
Impressive results Mark, looks a good job too. The older stuff was a bit naff using steel exhaust tube (not your car I don't recall, was Andy's old one I think)

I appreciate what your saying about the gripper diff, and being set to a lower torque is going to help things last alot longer. This is aimed at other people (particularly above) they need to understand the nature/design of the diff, it is a clutch type, is has to wear to do it's job...

Qashcow
The actual engine will be pushing more like 360/370 bhp before the fly which makes it all the more impressive, it wastes it just turning the rotrex.

I didn't read properly, but is that it's final setup/bhp figure?

mso

172 cup supercharged
The actual engine will be pushing more like 360/370 bhp before the fly which makes it all the more impressive, it wastes it just turning the rotrex.

I didn't read properly, but is that it's final setup/bhp figure?

Ya something to do with the compression they went with for the engine lost a bit of power at the top end but have a very responsive motor everywhere through the rev range still set up more on the safe side for reliability, still gets past 150 on the speedo very quickly!!!

Renault 5 Turbo
I imagine they have used their own 8.5:1 ones and it's a little low?

I don't think it really matters at the end of the day buddy, it fookin shifts i can vouch for that ;), and will leave more powerful expensive machinery in its wake easily :)

mso

172 cup supercharged
Just done a quick vid it's not the best as I didn't have chance to open her up! Can someone put the link up on here from YouTube cheers

mso

172 cup supercharged
It's still bloody uploading!! Like I said it's not the best as my private road was busy so couldn't open her right up