ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

mso

172 cup supercharged
I can't remember if you have gone forged engine or not and not reading through the thread again.

If you are, have a good read up on running new engines in as you only get 1 shot at it.

It's going to have a rev limit put on it !

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's going to have a rev limit put on it !

theres more to it than that... you need to think about what running in proccess your going to use. some say to do lots of WOT blips to bed the rings in others say to be as gentle as possible. its not just a case of slapping a limiter on it unfortunatley

Renault 5 Turbo
:) I'm well excited to this on the road again, saw it a couple of weeks ago when I picked mine up, can't wait to see what she does :)

mso

172 cup supercharged
theres more to it than that... you need to think about what running in proccess your going to use. some say to do lots of WOT blips to bed the rings in others say to be as gentle as possible. its not just a case of slapping a limiter on it unfortunatley

A couple of tanks of fuel then go for it!!!

mso

172 cup supercharged
Just getting a new fuel pump from an evo fitted tomorrow then on the rollers for mapping, doing the maths should be
330bhp but it will limited to around 5000 revs for the first 1000 miles then back in for full power. Will be picking her up next week pics and video soon!!!

Renault 5 Turbo
Just getting a new fuel pump from an evo fitted tomorrow then on the rollers for mapping, doing the maths should be
330bhp but it will limited to around 5000 revs for the first 1000 miles then back in for full power. Will be picking her up next week pics and video soon!!!

SWEEEEET!!!!!! :)

mso

172 cup supercharged
Picture 286.jpgPicture 277.jpgPicture 278.jpgPicture 284.jpg

Just a few pics on the RR tomorrow pick her up on Friday

mso

172 cup supercharged
Wowowow!
First time I've looked through the blog mate, my god!

Frickin awesome car! Looks absolutely awesome.

Bet it's going to be a bit of a handful!

It's got a gripper diff fitted and the power is so smooth it will drive fine, I was very surprised how well there turbo one went and that's more aggressive the way the power comes in.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Had car on RR today done a quick power run only up to 5500rpm made 310bhp 265 of torque running about .8 bar of boost once it's ran in boost will be 1 to 1.1 bar of boost so sholud easily make over 330 bhp. Picking her up tomorrow morning to start the running in process then back in 2 wks time for mapping and full boost!!!

2.2 bar shed.
Guess you're not going to be doing many miles in it then? Thats what put me off running a gripper instead of a quaife.

Golf GTD Mk7
Ah ok. It's hard to not go past it trust me. Monday is mapping day for mine, and I can't wait to pass the 4k mark :cool:

2.2 bar shed.
Few friends in the rallying/drag scene recommended I didnt get one as they ideally need to be serviced every 5000 miles. E.g. I could JUST do a decent tour of europe inside one service interval?

mso

172 cup supercharged
Few friends in the rallying/drag scene recommended I didnt get one as they ideally need to be serviced every 5000 miles. E.g. I could JUST do a decent tour of europe inside one service interval?
Gripper assured me that they are no different to a quaife when I service the car I'll just change the oil as well job done!

Qashcow
As said previously though mate, grippers use a setup which requires a rebuild after sometime as it uses a clutch plate type system. 310@5500 sounds healthy, should be good when ready :)

mso

172 cup supercharged

5000miles that's a lot of track days!

Renault 5 Turbo
Had car on RR today done a quick power run only up to 5500rpm made 310bhp 265 of torque running about .8 bar of boost once it's ran in boost will be 1 to 1.1 bar of boost so sholud easily make over 330 bhp. Picking her up tomorrow morning to start the running in process then back in 2 wks time for mapping and full boost!!!

Thats fantastic mate :) i bet your like a kid at christmas this morning lol

Italian 3.2 V6
one word = Epic.

id love to have the balls to spend that kinda money on a small hatch! what a buzz that would be to drive! good on you mate!

BTW i assume uv got an LSD for it? (sorry not read through the whole thread)

Renault 5 Turbo
one word = Epic.

id love to have the balls to spend that kinda money on a small hatch! what a buzz that would be to drive! good on you mate!

BTW i assume uv got an LSD for it? (sorry not read through the whole thread)

It's got a gripper diff fitted

mso

172 cup supercharged
Got her home today,a bit annoying as it's only running upto 4500rpm to bed the motor in, it's still quicker than a standard one thou so should be bloody mental when it's mapped for full boost. You can really hear the supercharger now so with full boost it will sound amazing, tested out the gripper best I could and it just transforms the way the car goes round corners. Car goes back in 2wks time for remap and for Redline mag to do a feature on it then I'll get a speedo vid done and pics!

Renault 5 Turbo
Got her home today,a bit annoying as it's only running upto 4500rpm to bed the motor in, it's still quicker than a standard one thou so should be bloody mental when it's mapped for full boost. You can really hear the supercharger now so with full boost it will sound amazing, tested out the gripper best I could and it just transforms the way the car goes round corners. Car goes back in 2wks time for remap and for Redline mag to do a feature on it then I'll get a speedo vid done and pics!

Oohh mag feature sound :)

Been thinking about fitting an uprated diff in mine, are they worth it? Or only useful on big power cars?

mso

172 cup supercharged
DSCF1550 (3).jpgPicture 278.jpgPicture 284.jpgsupercharged clio.jpg
Been putting some more miles on her today engine loosening up nice gets to a ton just by looking at the throttle pedal!!! With the gripper diff fitted i still cant beleive the difference in the way the car handles only 2 more weeks then full power!! The best photos are too big to put them on here ill sort some more out soon

Renault 5 Turbo
Been putting some more miles on her today engine loosening up nice gets to a ton just by looking at the throttle pedal!!! With the gripper diff fitted i still cant beleive the difference in the way the car handles only 2 more weeks then full power!! The best photos are too big to put them on here ill sort some more out soon

I'm really interested to see how this does, how is it with delivery? Does it pop or bang on lift off?

Is there a loud whine from th sc or is quite discreet? Sorry for all the questions :)