ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Megane head gasket too mate, yes the foot was down mate but because the rainsports are quite soft they seem to put the power down pretty well tbh

I didn't bother with lsd because I'm not planning on tracking atm, but if you plan on taking it on a track then its probably the best mod you can do.

BG Clio 182
Megane head gasket too mate, yes the foot was down mate but because the rainsports are quite soft they seem to put the power down pretty well tbh

I didn't bother with lsd because I'm not planning on tracking atm, but if you plan on taking it on a track then its probably the best mod you can do.
f**k me didn't realise that was flat down, can't believe it grips as well as it does mate! That pipe behaving pal? Ah ill get that too then. f**king love the idea now really gonna save for it :)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
An LSD won't just give you more traction in the corners. It will give you increased traction everywhere, Particularly in the damp/wet.

It would be near the top of my list for any Clio build regardless of power IMO. Once you have driven a sorted front driver with a proper locker going back to an open diff will be very, very hard.

I was under the impression anything over 200bhp-ish in these will benefit from an LSD, so any turbo Clio definitely will!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
CAM00418_zps70618fb2.jpg

Bump up on this Tom but did this filter have a mesh inside. I'm looking at the same filter for my ph1.

RB Clio 182
Bump up on this Tom but did this filter have a mesh inside. I'm looking at the same filter for my ph1.

Yes it has mate, ill take a pic tomorrow for you :smile:

You do mean the wire mesh that's keeps it in shape, not like a mesh filter but more of a frame lol

RB Clio 182
This thing must be brutal! How do you get the power down coming out of corners without an LSD? Mine was spinning up just on standard power haha

Its not as bad as you would think mate, obviously a lsd would be a definite on track, but Ime its not much worse than standard, the power delivery is key, its smooth as f**k and just keeps pulling :smile:

RB Clio 182
A few pics from today after a clean and a top up of wax..

657862d3-a52c-4938-9e97-baa055b0cad0_zpsvl9xwdtv.jpg

61ce3d2e-63e3-496e-9ba4-62cbb46f4129_zps5x6zfhob.jpg

a6196cf6-780a-4535-b415-beb596822c83_zps6ko9m2tn.jpg

5833a238-b439-4e3a-a322-8ea76a247509_zpsimuuihkq.jpg

05988b97-db1d-4ed9-b534-3b167d3c53db_zpsb2fzcukh.jpg

689d2c38-a4c8-43d8-bf89-ea5971457dc4_zpsl52erch6.jpg

7ad177bb-b7d5-4d9c-9e02-b7ff894d21f1_zps1vhyzlml.jpg

3d86dced-b93e-47d2-95ed-b4aa0f74b650_zpsfh9ljane.jpg

10acbff7-d21d-48d1-8477-3cdbc8dde248_zpsg5ewfl2h.jpg

And a quick pic of the bay after the blue conduit fitted, i am unsure of it atm, but its easily removable as its just put over the original black stuff.

e43c131d-a86b-4060-ad49-445de6d7fbc8_zpsxszoirqt.jpg

RB Clio 182
Thanks Dan, I noticed today a couple of paint imperfections that I need to get professionally sorted, theres a 5mm bubble on the rear quarter and a bit of lacquer peel on the rear bumper, bloody weather!

This along with my wheels will be sorted soon.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dan, I noticed today a couple of paint imperfections that I need to get professionally sorted, theres a 5mm bubble on the rear quarter and a bit of lacquer peel on the rear bumper, bloody weather!

This along with my wheels will be sorted soon.
Are you doing anything Saturday? Fancy a drive out to some nice roads? up on the yorkshire moors or something?

I keep begging @Bear Head to come too haha also @Nick_Leeds @Kchristmas I know it's a little late notice. Infact yeah it's almost saturday already.

RB Clio 182
Are you doing anything Saturday? Fancy a drive out to some nice roads? up on the yorkshire moors or something?

I keep begging @Bear Head to come too haha also @Nick_Leeds @Kchristmas I know it's a little late notice. Infact yeah it's almost saturday already.
That's a good idea Dan, I might be able to make that but ill let you know for definite tomorrow, do you fancy making its own thread in the Yorkshire region to see if there's more interests?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I do love this car - I keep getting the itch to do something similar!

Blue conduit is hideous mind! :)

RB Clio 182
I do love this car - I keep getting the itch to do something similar!

Blue conduit is hideous mind! :smile:

I'm not sure on it either although it wil only take 5 mins to remove, I just wanted the bay bling'd up, I'm not sure what else I can do, maybe a polished strut bar , solid top mounts, blue magnecor ht leads, polished inlet manifold, blue samco coolant hoses, polished oil catch tank?

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
A little list of what i will be doing in the near future, just so i can keep myself up to date with what i need to do too :smile:

Small paint bubble on rear quarter(noticed Tuesday while cleaning)
Small paint defect on rear bumper under insert(noticed a couple of weeks a go while cleaning)
alloys refurbished
Split cv boot to be replaced(have the part)
Snapped offside handbrake cable to be replaced(have the part)
Rear bumper strip replaced(creased it when removing it)
Snappy steering wheel and gear gaiter re trim
Interior A-pillars matt/satin black
Roof lining done in alcantara
Vibratechnics engine mounts
Boost gauge/oil temp gauge etc
Recaro treadlines
Decent semi slicks all round

Thats about it for the near future, maybe a suspension refresh, lsd, big brake upgrade and more power later on.

Last edited:

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
A little list of what i will be doing in the near future, just so i can keep myself up to date with what i need to do too :smile:

Small paint bubble on rear quarter(noticed Tuesday while cleaning)
Small paint defect on rear bumper under insert(noticed a couple of weeks a go while cleaning)
alloys refurbished
Split cv boot to be replaced(have the part)
Snapped offside handbrake cable to be replaced(have the part)
Rear bumper strip replaced(creased it when removing it)
Snappy steering wheel and gear gaiter re trim
Interior A-pillars matt/satin black
Roof lining done in alcantara
Vibratechnics engine mounts
Boost gauge/oil temp gauge etc
Recaro treadlines
Decent semi slicks all round

Thats about it for the near future, maybe a suspension refresh, lsd, big brake upgrade and more power later on.

Defo recommend the PLX devices multi gauges... You can keep adding extra modules and just have the one Gauge... Unless you want lots of gauges?

RB Clio 182
Defo recommend the PLX devices multi gauges... You can keep adding extra modules and just have the one Gauge... Unless you want lots of gauges?

Im unsure atm mate as i havnt quite looked into them yet, do you have a link?

So you can switch between gauges etc? I would like an oil pressure/temp and a boost gauge obviously.

RB Clio 182
They look good mate, do you have them in yours? I'm on my phone at minute so I cant look properly but ill have a read up about them when I get home.

How do you switch gauges, do you have to manually fit a different one everytime you want to switch?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
The gauge is touch screen, you just tap on the edge of the screen and it switches between sensors, I have AFR and boost on mine.... It's pretty cool too as one of the fictions records max and min levels and another has a little graph..
05f6d28cbb65fbe6f76b14869d5e4716.jpg

Sat my gauge down there

Stupid vid I did for Tim @DV8 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

RB Clio 182
The gauge is touch screen, you just tap on the edge of the screen and it switches between sensors, I have AFR and boost on mine.... It's pretty cool too as one of the fictions records max and min levels and another has a little graph..
05f6d28cbb65fbe6f76b14869d5e4716.jpg

Sat my gauge down there

Stupid vid I did for Tim @DV8 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hahahaha cheers mate, love the vid 😂

RB Clio 182
Not much to update, but me and a mate replaced my cv boot Saturday morning, i still need to do the handbrake cable tho.

I am currently saving towards my hols so ill probably not be doing much for a couple of months or so.