ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks bud, so it would be more likely to go with a lsd? I know a diff is up their with some of the best mods, but I really dont need one from experience, I just want a pretty quick tidy looking motor, I'm not out to set records in it, its just nice to have that power when you fancy a nice Sunday drive etc.
Imo yes mate. It'll put substantially more strain on the gearbox as instead of losing the energy through 1 wheel spinning, it will spin both and put more load on the drivetrain. 1st and 2nd gear will be the likely culprit for failure. Interestingly though, Renault have re-designed these gears so that may well reduce the risk of failure. Shame it's £170 + vat for the kit!!

RB Clio 182
Imo yes mate. It'll put substantially more strain on the gearbox as instead of losing the energy through 1 wheel spinning, it will spin both and put more load on the drivetrain. 1st and 2nd gear will be the likely culprit for failure. Interestingly though, Renault have re-designed these gears so that may well reduce the risk of failure. Shame it's £170 + vat for the kit!!
That's not bad if it saves the box mate, if it goes again ill be in touch :)

After my turbo conversion and change of clutch, the gearbox never felt as smooth tbh, it struggled to go into 2nd from 3rd.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That's not bad if it saves the box mate, if it goes again ill be in touch :smile:

After my turbo conversion and change of clutch, the gearbox never felt as smooth tbh, it struggled to go into 2nd from 3rd.
Yeah no worries mate. I can't guarantee that the replacement box will last though! Luck of the draw unfortunately.

RB Clio 182
Yeah no worries mate. I can't guarantee that the replacement box will last though! Luck of the draw unfortunately.

I know mate, if it goes again ill definitely be upgrading, i just need to get it on the road for the time being as its my daily for work etc.

Thanks again mate.

RB Clio 182
Both genuine handbrake cables bought ready for fitting as the other side snapped too, my gearbox and driveshaft should be here tomorrow then i will be getting them all fitted, then the car will be 100% mechanically sound again :)

Cant wait to start the proper mods again when i return from my holidays.

611d382a-5e7b-41db-b1b4-a34a4fb09445_zpsbvoxk5nv.jpg

RB Clio 182
My gearbox and driveshaft turned up today but unfortunately my driveshaft got bent in transit somehow and the boot has also got nicks in it :( Im so ****ing unlucky!

So im on the look out for another driveshaft :(

1f976a41-b7fe-44e8-9091-ca01a14156aa_zpsthrnomcq.jpg

RB Clio 182
Little update, i managed to recover the driveshaft and fit a new boot so thats all sorted.

So i am heading up to see Andy at clioturbo tomorrow to fit me both handbrake cables, gearbox and driveshaft, i cant wait to pick it back up already.

Then i can start the mods again :)

RB Clio 182
Little update, I picked up the car yesterday, it drives bloody brilliantly!

The gearbox feels soooo much smoother, I think the old gearbox might have been on its way out a while as this one feels great in comparison.

No more knocking from the front now the new driveshaft is on, and I can now use my handbrake lol.

My car atm is problem free, absolutely mint mechanically.

I am going to purchase solid engine and gearbox mounts next to put less strain on things as this sort of power in a clio you get a bit if movement.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
They're the same mate. I tried the race gearbox mount in mine to cope with the extra weight of the ND0 gearbox. It was horrible. The extra cabin vibrations were ridiculous. Swapped back to the fast road one and it was a lot better.
I used the fast road ones at 374bhp and they were fine at that power

RB Clio 182
They're the same mate. I tried the race gearbox mount in mine to cope with the extra weight of the ND0 gearbox. It was horrible. The extra cabin vibrations were ridiculous. Swapped back to the fast road one and it was a lot better.
I used the fast road ones at 374bhp and they were fine at that power

Brilliant I will be ordering these when I get back off my hols.

Thanks mate.

RB Clio 182
Haha f***s sake that's embarassing that mate haha I always park about 2 feet from all curbs pmsl

I know mate tell me about it, a car was coming down a one way street so i had no option as it came tramming round the corner so i had to mount the curb a bit to miss him, ive ordered a new track rod and track rod end too because its knocked my tracking out so i ordered them to make sure everythings straight.

BG Clio 182
I know mate tell me about it, a car was coming down a one way street so i had no option as it came tramming round the corner so i had to mount the curb a bit to miss him, ive ordered a new track rod and track rod end too because its knocked my tracking out so i ordered them to make sure everythings straight.
What a c**t, I f**king hate it when it isn't your fault but your left fucked. My mates girlfriends dad was recently hit from behind in an automatic focus. Got out and no damage whatsoever so he let the lad go and told him to be careful. Lad went and he got in and started it, puts it into drive and f**k all happens, gearbox was fucked haha and the lad had gone haha. It made me laugh but yeah.

Don't quite know the point to that but I can't be bothered to delete it now haha.

RB Clio 182
What a c**t, I f**king hate it when it isn't your fault but your left fucked. My mates girlfriends dad was recently hit from behind in an automatic focus. Got out and no damage whatsoever so he let the lad go and told him to be careful. Lad went and he got in and started it, puts it into drive and f**k all happens, gearbox was fucked haha and the lad had gone haha. It made me laugh but yeah.

Don't quite know the point to that but I can't be bothered to delete it now haha.

Hahaha no worries fella, it is annoying when its not your fault i know, at least ill have new parts fitted :)

RB Clio 182
My brand new OZ ultra turned up yesterday so off it went for painting the same colour as my others (gold)

I picked it up today and had it fitted along with a new rs3 tyre has my tyre split when I mounted the curb.

I have my track rod end, tie rod and bottom ball joint ready to fit along with an alignment, then all should be good again.

The car is looking good once again :)

RB Clio 182
So the cars back on the road all sound, one problem, when i got home from the garage I noticed that my cup splitter had gone lol, I bet hes ripped it off going on the ramp.

I've rung them but they were shut, ill give them another ring tomorrow so they can explain to me whose cupnapped my splitter :D

RB Clio 182
Defo get that back or replaced. It went in with one so it should leave with one!

Went down today mate, he said it never had one and that he hasn't pulled it off or anything, felt like shitting in his coffee cup!

Ahh well it was cracked a little anyway after mounting the curb the other week, ill get a new one after my hols, bloody money pit!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but you shouldn't have to buy a new one!! There £130+ for cup ones. Id most definitely argue the case, even if they agree to half the payment. Have you got pics while it was there?

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
No mate, just dropped it off then picked it up, I didn't realise until I got home :(

I'll go see him again tomorrow, if he just admitted that he ripped it off or whatever id be fine with that, but he's lying so I just want to bite his nose off, ill keep you updated bud.

RB Clio 182
Well the ocap ball joint I had fitted the other day had split already, so i replaced it with a lemforder one today which was a bit of a b*****d to fit, but with the help off @dann2707 (that did most of the work) we got there in the end.

Cheers for today Dan, I hope you liked your passenger ride.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Turboed clio 182's are mental!! So fun haha cheers for taking me out in it mate. Glad we got that bloody thing on in the end. Good shout with taking those 21mm nuts off ;) nice thinking.

Great to meet you as said :)

RB Clio 182
Turboed clio 182's are mental!! So fun haha cheers for taking me out in it mate. Glad we got that bloody thing on in the end. Good shout with taking those 21mm nuts off ;) nice thinking.

Great to meet you as said :)

Same mate really enjoyed today, I'm going to order a wishbone and splitter tomorrow and fit them along with my CV boot, I'm bloody sick to death of replacing that bloody boot lol.

RB Clio 182
I take it you wasn't successful with the garage regarding the splitter?

No mate they just told me it must not have had one on, I showed him pics of it with it on and I told him it definitely had it on because I washed it the day I took it down.

Not sure what else I can do apart from bite him tbh.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I guess it's your word against he's. I guess if you had a pic of it in the garage showing it had one then you'd have proof, but as you don't you could just be fighting a losing battle.

Are you going to get a genuine one or the common fabia one?

RB Clio 182
I guess it's your word against he's. I guess if you had a pic of it in the garage showing it had one then you'd have proof, but as you don't you could just be fighting a losing battle.

Are you going to get a genuine one or the common fabia one?

I'm going to get a fabia one for now, then a genuine one in the future, I just want one on tbh as it looks bare at the front without anything there.