ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My DS2500 gave off a tad of dust but think it's more noticeable with white wheels. Had them both in my BG and ph1, however both cars had 4 pots (wilwoods in the BG, Hi-Specs in the ph1) had them on the RB with standard pads.

Have always wondered about the minted as they seem to be similar as the DS2500 but a fair bit cheaper, but I've never had them to comment.

Fluid I would get from GSF as it's cheapest around for ATE stuff. Unsure on the discs though, but I'm sure there only £45 from George. Rear pads if just use normal standard stuff. Brembo, minted, etc as they don't do a lot.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I'd be on high boost all the time ha, need to get some boost in mine soon, gotta be quick with 285 brake, does it run a lot of torque?

Buy one already done ! Money pit to get your own done . If i wanted one this one is where my money would be goin !

RB Clio 182
I had a problem earlier today, i had no high boost, so i popped the bonnet to check wires/pipework etc, low and behold i found that the wire which goes to the ecu from the boost solenoid had come apart, one of Andys genius wiring antics of twisting the wires together and taping it up had finally failed lol.

So ive re joined them until i get hold of a solderer to do the job properly, but i now have full boost again, yay.

Another thing, which im hoping is just me being paranoid, is there seems to be more vapour coming from the breather on the block than previously, theres no smoke from the exhaust and no oily smells from either the breather or the exhaust, and no loss of power/rough running so hopefully its just me being paranoid.

Ill buy a compression tester to rule out any early problems, hopefully its just me thats looking for problems that arnt there.

Should there be a little bit of vapour coming out? When i put my thumb over the breather for a few seconds and then let go, i get a little puff, but again no oily smells, although i can see a faint white puff if i look when the sun is shining on it, is this normal?

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The paint on that looks incredible! Is that arctic? Looks miles better than any I've seen before.

RB Clio 182
I really need to grow some balls and use a polishing machine. Too scared tho
If you get a d/a machine, its pretty hard to damage your paintwork with one unless you leave it in one spot for ten minutes while you're perving on the bird next door thats sunbaving in a bikini while shes reading 50 shades of grey.

Go for it mate, it really brings the paint up like new.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
If you get a d/a machine, its pretty hard to damage your paintwork with one unless you leave it in one spot for ten minutes while you're perving on the bird next door thats sunbaving in a bikini while shes reading 50 shades of grey.

Go for it mate, it really brings the paint up like new.
Which model have you got?

RB Clio 182
I have the kestrel das6 mate, the pro supposedly has a stronger motor and a longer power cable, im sure mine is just the das6 and not the pro, although im not 100% tbh lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have the das pro 6, no way you will damage the paint. It stops before that happens.

With a rotary that may happen if not used correctly
Might have to invest. A machine polish will cost me the same as the kit. So even a mong like me will be ok?

RB Clio 182
Might have to invest. A machine polish will cost me the same as the kit. So even a mong like me will be ok?
You will be fine mate

38ABF586-C8B7-4AA8-980B-AAB43A7D7784.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Dead easy and enjoyable tbh. Get the right pads, compounds and away you go.

Honda paint is quite soft?? So I wouldnt get a too aggressive pad.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Dead easy and enjoyable tbh. Get the right pads, compounds and away you go.

Honda paint is quite soft?? So I wouldnt get a too aggressive pad.
Yeah apparently mega soft. Hoped I'd manage by hand but even after a couple if goes, in direct sunlight I can see fine scratches.

RB Clio 182
So because im worried that theres more vapour coming from the breather im going to my mates about 6 to do a compression test, im scared.

If its low on compression its going up for sale for £2995, is that too much? For a pretty nice 182 turbo thats breathing heavy?

Im not sure what it would be worth if it is low on compression, it drives fantastic, its probably me being a paranoid c**t.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If it's puffing out oil then the bottom ends fcuked. What happens when you pull the dipstick out and take the oil filler cal off?

RB Clio 182
If it's puffing out oil then the bottom ends fcuked. What happens when you pull the dipstick out and take the oil filler cal off?
Its not puffing out oil mate, it smells like petrol, no oily smells.

I didnt end up going for a compression test, just got back from trick or treating with the kids.

Theres mo smoke or oily smells out the exhaust either.

Not much happens when i take the filler cap off and the dipstick out.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I didnt end up going for a compression test, just got back from trick or treating with the kids.

Just leave it.

Ignorance is bliss.

RB Clio 182
Hahaha, its annoying me tho mate, if its broke again ill either sell it cheap or break it for parts, i cant be arsed to get it fixed again, unless i go forged but thats £££££

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

When a rod comes sailing through the bonnet, that's the time to start worrying.

RB Clio 182
So ive done the compression test but i think i did it wrong, i got 135 140 140 135, i thought they were all low?

I have just read online that you need to open the throttle too which i didnt do, the engine was warm, i just took a plug out at a time and turned it over until the gauge settled.

I have also noticed oil puddles on the front of the rocker cover, could a leaking rocker cover gasket cause heavier breathing out the breather?

RB Clio 182
fucksakes ill have to do it again, i should have removed all plugs and pressed the throttle apparantly, atleast they are all pretty even.

These are megane 225 low compression pistons btw.