ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Hahahahaha! I give you that one!

IMG_3756.GIF

RB Clio 182
My fog bulbs turned up today, the drivers side still doesnt work, has anyone any ideas what to check?

I swapped bulbs around and the one that doesnt work in the drivers side works in the passenger side so the bulbs are fine.

The wiring looks fine and the pins in the connector are straight and ive given them a spray with electrical cleaner to no avail.

Do both front fogs use the same fuse?

Ive finally sorted my window regulator too, if anyone ever has the issue where you press up and the window goes down/vise versa, and you have had the motor apart, take the metal casing back off the motor and totate it 180 degrees and refit, im not sure how this worked but it did, its got magnets in it so it might be something to do with this?

Anyway my window now works perfectly yay!

Im going to order some new sidelight bulbs as ive noticed today that theres an led bit that doesnt work on one of the bulbs.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Update on the fogs, i cleaned the connector in the passenger arch that feeds the drivers fog light and that sorted it!

List update..

New window regulator(my passenger one is noisy and goes up when i press down) - DONE

New fog light bulbs(one of mine is dead) - ordered. - DONE

New sidelight bulbs(smd's are shot) - DONE

Get the aircon re connected and re gassed.

New discs and pads front and back.

New oem shocks front and back.

New tyres front and back.

PH2 172
Update on the fogs, i cleaned the connector in the passenger arch that feeds the drivers fog light and that sorted it!

List update..

New window regulator(my passenger one is noisy and goes up when i press down) - DONE

New fog light bulbs(one of mine is dead) - ordered. - DONE

New sidelight bulbs(smd's are shot) - DONE

Get the aircon re connected and re gassed.

New discs and pads front and back.

New oem shocks front and back.

New tyres front and back.

£750 should cover it.

RB Clio 182
These cars are never done are they.......... but that's a decent list :up:
Hi Steve mate, yeah youre right there lol, you get all the jobs sorted and then five more pop up haha.

Can i ask you where you got your oem shocks from? I need the 60mm bolt hole spacing one mind.

Cheers.

Hi Steve mate, yeah youre right there lol, you get all the jobs sorted and then five more pop up haha.

Can i ask you where you got your oem shocks from? I need the 60mm bolt hole spacing one mind.

Cheers.

The shocks were already on it when I got it mate sorry! Been thinking of new genuine Cup shocks for mine however. See, never done 🙈

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I done my shocks last year, got them from RPD I think. About £80 a pair, front and back.

Make sure you get the 182 cup back ones.

RB Clio 182
The shocks were already on it when I got it mate sorry! Been thinking of new genuine Cup shocks for mine however. See, never done 🙈

Ahh sorry mate i thought you had new ones fitted, it was obviously someone else :blush:

I done my shocks last year, got them from RPD I think. About £80 a pair, front and back.

Make sure you get the 182 cup back ones.

Yeah cheers buddy :up:

I cant wait to be a foglight wanker this winter!

IMG_3822.JPG

The quality of that picture is insane 😂

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
  RB Clio 182
Stunning mate credit to you ! Especially after what you have been thru with it :up:

Thanks davo :up:

I cant wait to refresh the suspension and get some new tyres and brakes up front and back :smile:

That does look f'ing lovely there!!

.... and a good sleeper car too it being nice and oem :cool:

Thanks Steve, yes i love the oem look, i sometimes think about removing the turbo kit and selling it as a package and putting mine back to standard, but its too good hearing the turbo noises and the shove in the back it gives you :tonguewink:

I totally agree, as it is you have the oem standard looks but also the noises and added power and fun factor too. Best of both worlds! To remove the kit would make it standard again obviously, still a great fun car , but would be like getting in a 1.2 Clio in comparison to what it was i'd imagine!

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Yeah don't go to a standard Clio after having a turbo one, had my standard one for 6 months, got bored and craved the power again lol

RB Clio 182
Theres nothing really going on with the car atm but ive bought a replacement fog lamp thanks to @182_steve as mine was rusty and had crinkles on the reflective material which was bugging me.

Im currently looking at tyres and brakes atm as mine are pretty low now, im considering 595rsr's, ps3's or ad08's, any recommondations or other tyre i should go for? Im leaning towards the ps3's as i want a good all rounder.

Also, can anyone recommend me any bright white sidelights? I ordered some the other week but they are too blue for my liking and look chavy, cheers.

RB Clio 182
My foglamp turned up this morning, absolutely brilliant service, very fast delivery like less than 24 hrs lol, very well packaged and in great condition as described, thanks 182_steve :up:

IMG_4362.JPG

I even got a free roll of kitchen towel haha

IMG_4364.JPG

Spot on mate cheers, ill be fitting this later this aft along with some sidelight bulbs that im going to purchase from halfrauds.

IMG_4366.JPG

Iwas going to order osram ones but i cant be arsed to wait for delivery, any recommended decent ones from halfrauds? Philips?

Last edited:
😂😂 yes I made sure it was clean kitchen roll, call it a freebie!

Glad to see it arrived all ok mate, always a bit nervous sending anything like that in the post incase it gets thrown around!

Look forward to seeing it fitted!

RB Clio 182
😂😂 yes I made sure it was clean kitchen roll, call it a freebie!

Glad to see it arrived all ok mate, always a bit nervous sending anything like that in the post incase it gets thrown around!

Look forward to seeing it fitted!

I fitted it the same day mate, its perrrfect cheers :)

Tidy car this one

Thanks mate :up:

Ive already bought and fitted the bosch ones from halfords mate they look pretty good, thanks for the link tho buddy :)

Second the Michelins. 595 were a bit pish, especially in the wet. Ad08 are more a summer tyre really.

Yeah im going for the michelins mate, ive never heard a bad review tbh.

RB Clio 182
So i fitted a new brake switch today as i noticed my brake lights were constantly on, thanks to the guys on cs for pointing me in the right direction on this one :smile: (@James ) 3mps :smilingimp:

Its now all spot on again.

Tyes
Brakes
Oem shocks
Aircon sorting

Then ill be as happy as Larry.

RB Clio 182
How does the standard box cope with the power? Is the boost switchable?
This box feels great mate tbh, although ive gone through a couple in 3 years now but they were second hand so im not sure thay were good box's to start with.

Yes the boost is switchable, 220hp low boost 285hp high boost, its awesome in high boost.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I'd be on high boost all the time ha, need to get some boost in mine soon, gotta be quick with 285 brake, does it run a lot of torque?

RB Clio 182
I'd be on high boost all the time ha, need to get some boost in mine soon, gotta be quick with 285 brake, does it run a lot of torque?
Yea its fun mate, i only stick it in high when i fancy a blast as 220 is quick enough.

I think its 260ish torque but it comes in all at once at about 3.5k its funny and it still grips.

Buy mine £4750 ill take your cash, even tho its not for sale.

RB Clio 182
Does look lovely Tom mate. Those clean pics above look the shizzle!

When you say brakes, you keeping standard calipers or going bigger? Or a change in pad?
Im keeping the standard calipers, new discs and pads front and back, any recommendations on front pad choice with minimal brake dust? 2500 or 1144's just for fast road use?

Would you get your discs from george or go to gsf parts at 56% off? Are the front brembo discs from gsf the hc ones? Also getting fluid too so its all fresh.

Cheers mate