ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
I should be arriving at efi parts in 12 hours, im a little worried because Andy who fitted my box noticed that the actuator rod was rubbing, so he heated it up and adjusted it over to give clearance, but he said it could have damaged the actuator and the car felt slightly down on boost to him compared to last time he had the car.

This could also be because of the new walbro thats been fitted because scoff said he thought my old pump was on its way out the last time my car was mapped.

We shall see tomorrow, lets hope its all hunky dory.

RB Clio 182
Yesterday i made the trip to efi, the car was previously mapped to 275hp, scoff had to lower the boost at high rpm the previous time as it was leaning out, so he advised me to get an uprated fuel pump, which i did.

So today it made 285.2 bhp and 220 bhp on low boost, it feels f**king rapid, the midrange torque feels awesome, he told me he left a big dollop midrange, which you can really feel.

I was nearly late for work on the way home tho as the traffic around Runcorn was ridiculous with the M6 been shut!

So as scoff predicted, after fitting the walbro it was massively over fuelling, so he was right, the oem pump was fucked!

He was also really happy with how the car behaved, it took a bit of adjusting but it ran faultlessly with some healthy figures, he was happy, so i was happy :smile:

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3347.JPG

Scoffs little turbo..

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

RB Clio 182
What did you do with your old gearbox? I'd have it repaired and keep as a spare, just in case!

Its in the shed mate, yes im going to get it refurbished when i get round to it, my current box feels really tight!

Cracking result mate.. give you £3k?

Cheers buddy, i was actually going to say fuckit and stick it up for 3k when it pissed me off lol.

That's a brilliant result, peace of mind too that they were happy with it!!

Cheers Steve :)

RB Clio 182
So today with the sun out i decided to give the bay a clean, its not perfect but its pretty good, i need to respray the inlet and get some autosol as ive run out so i had to polish the metal with maguiars compound, but its brought it up better than it was as everything was looking dull, i have also removed the clioturbo sticker off the boost pipe haha!

IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG

That engine bay looks great!! The autosol is really good though isn't it, was amazed how well it brought up my air-con pipes and also how much crap came off them, loads of black on the cloth!! lol

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bang a new coolant bottle on with some fresh coolant in and that'll look spot on.

One thing I've noticed is you're not running a fuel guard cover. Is it not possible with the boost pipes?

RB Clio 182
So all good now?

Yes mate all good :smile:

Finally lol

Bang a new coolant bottle on with some fresh coolant in and that'll look spot on.

One thing I've noticed is you're not running a fuel guard cover. Is it not possible with the boost pipes?

That coolant bottle was brand new the other year but its gone shitty again, ill probs do the coolant and tank again for the sake of about 20 nicker.

RB Clio 182
No update, im just putting a little list of the small things that i want sorting/maintaining when i have time.

New window regulator(my passenger one is noisy and goes up when i press down)

New fog light bulbs(one of mine is dead) - ordered.

Get the aircon re connected and re gassed.

New discs and pads front and back.

New oem shocks front and back.

New tyres front and back.

I really want another oem front splitter, i bought one a few years a go for £125iirc, but when my car came out of the garage it didnt have one on, and the garage denied it. They are £200+ now tho :(

Then my brain will rest knowing my car is perfect!