ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maynard's 172 Track Car Project

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Plans are:

Fit brake air feeds
Cambelt/dephaser change
Delete air con
Service with new leads
Poly bush the wishbones and anti roll bar
Poly carbs
Source and fit cage

And quite a few more bits that I haven't quite decided on yet.

Love having the option of being able to just do the job and if i don't finish it that day it doesn't matter as i haven't got to have it running again for Monday morning!

BMW E36 328
My mum got a form from the post office for sending the tax discs back, and i did it like that.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I know the one, V14 form.

Printing one off at work tomorrow and sending it that way.

BMW E36 328
Plans are:

Fit brake air feeds
Cambelt/dephaser change
Delete air con
Service with new leads
Poly carbs
Source and fit cage

Love having the option of being able to just do the job and if i don't finish it that day it doesn't matter as i haven't got to have it running again for Monday morning!

Yeah i know, im the same with mine. Not having to rush to finish anything. Im loving not having to drive it on the road anymore lol

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah i know, im the same with mine. Not having to rush to finish anything. Im loving not having to drive it on the road anymore lol

Me too, I've only had the Mondeo 24 hours too!

You doing the trailer test?

BMW E36 328
Yeah am going to look into lessons and a test in the new year. Will have to look at another car aswel, something fit for towing :D

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Good good makes sense really.

There's quite a few options on tow cars, I went with something with a bit more luxury for day to day too.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Will you need a licence to tow the car or just risk it?

As far as I understand the weights/law I should be okay, but for the sake of a couple of hundred quid, I'm going to do the test. Could come in handy if I ever need it and I'm safe in the knowledge it's all legal.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Plans are:

Fit brake air feeds
Cambelt/dephaser change
Delete air con
Service with new leads
Poly carbs
Source and fit cage

I need to also do all of the above!

Having another daily driver is great, nice one mate.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
All the forms sent off now so car is all sorted as SORN'd, just waiting on the confirmation back from the DVLA now.

Been down to the car to the first time today, only a 10 minute job.

Swapped over the mirrors for some new manual one's I got from work. Little bit lighter (not by much) and they look x100 better too.

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Started the car up too so that's all okay at first turn on the key without struggling :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I haven't posted on this forum for a good few months now. The reason for this is that i have only been coming on here to get some ideas for when i buy a cliosport in the next couple of months. I have sat here tonight and have spent just over 3 hours reading your posts and skipping everyone else's and I have to say, you have done a fantastic job on this car, cannot wait to read the next update! .. Top work fella, very inspiring! :cool:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Smooth :)

My left hand one had broken, motor packed up causing the switch to burn out a little while back. I wanted black mirrors anyways and for the price I got them ;) I couldn't turn it down!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I haven't posted on this forum for a good few months now. The reason for this is that i have only been coming on here to get some ideas for when i buy a cliosport in the next couple of months. I have sat here tonight and have spent just over 3 hours reading your posts and skipping everyone else's and I have to say, you have done a fantastic job on this car, cannot wait to read the next update! .. Top work fella, very inspiring! :cool:

:) If you need to know anything just ask!

2002 172
Sweet car, debating stripping my 182 completely when I get it. The last car I stripped I took everything out including the dash, just 2 seats and a steering wheel in my old Saxo VTS, went like stink!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Well after 5 months sat idle, brand new battery fitted yesterday, and it fired up first time :)

More to come very soon......

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Cheers Fletch, really didn't want to put it up for sale, but needs must!

Just hope it sells quick :)

340i
Noooooo, sad to see it go Elliot!

Having worked on this car I can confirm its a very clean example :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car