ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Isn't that only true if you ignore the fiesta over boost? Taking that into account and the fiesta lighter weight, doesn't it actually have the higher power to weight figure?
I imagine that once the anniversary fuss has subsided the spec will filter down to become the standard 208.
From reading the article, large chunk of that time is due to the diff. After 20k miles in an r26, if/when I go back to a hot hatch it'll be one with an lsd. Adds massively to the experience. Loved it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The diff accounting for that margin makes sense to me. If it's the West circuit there's loads of places an LSD equipped car would just rip away from the ST.

Impressive for the 208 GTi though!

Peugeot 308
Isn't that only true if you ignore the fiesta over boost? Taking that into account and the fiesta lighter weight, doesn't it actually have the higher power to weight figure?
I imagine that once the anniversary fuss has subsided the spec will filter down to become the standard 208.
From reading the article, large chunk of that time is due to the diff. After 20k miles in an r26, if/when I go back to a hot hatch it'll be one with an lsd. Adds massively to the experience. Loved it.

Including the Over-boost feature, the 208 still has a slight bhp and torque advantage. The 0-60 times and top speed are better in the 208.. not sure how in-gear times compare.

I've driven one for work purposes and its an excellent car.

1e71e75d78614f2ba54d2dbdfd5728f0.jpg

Fraction slower around track then the 275 Trophy, glad to see Peugeot taking it serious again.

Video too,

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I find it more impressive that's it's quicker then the stripped out Cooper GP that I'am sure has Kumho track tires as standard and few more BHP
If you look at the two times in the video above, one looks to be warm & sunny, another damp & grey. A time difference that little can be affected by so many different variables i wouldnt really consider it, GP2 driver had a fry up that morning vs the 208 gti driver going without for example lol.

Sticky tyres (Super Sports) & a diff make massive improvements though - look how quick the M135i gets around the TG test track for example. It handles like a boat, but sticky tyres & 320bhp make for a quick lap time.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
That makes the GTi even more impressive, I dint even notice the weather on both laps!

I'm in the process of trying to find a dealership that is relatively close by me to try and find a 30th to test drive.

Lets wait and see what Renault have up their sleeve with their next "Trophy" announcement next month. Hopefully Clio related...

Peugeot 308
That makes the GTi even more impressive, I dint even notice the weather on both laps!

I'm in the process of trying to find a dealership that is relatively close by me to try and find a 30th to test drive.

Lets wait and see what Renault have up their sleeve with their next "Trophy" announcement next month. Hopefully Clio related...

Were a big sized dealer in the Southwest and unfortunately didn't manage to bag one.
I think they are limited to 100 production cars.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Shows how badly Renault have dropped the ball. As a total fan boy (I've owned 9), think it's quite sad that if I was in the market for a hot hatch the current clio rs wouldn't even be on the short list.

Shows how badly Renault have dropped the ball. As a total fan boy (I've owned 9), think it's quite sad that if I was in the market for a hot hatch the current clio rs wouldn't even be on the short list.

It's mad how times have changed, even Vauxhall are doing a Performance Pack on the new Corsa VXR, it'll be interesting to see what the new "Trophy" is by Renault.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The new VXR lLubsport is meant to be a great car for what it is. Theres a video of Dickie Meaden putting it round Bedford and it is 2s a lap quicker than the 200t, Not as playful by any means but lets face it. 95% of owners of those types of cars buy them for their outright A-B pace.

Peugeot 308
The new VXR lLubsport is meant to be a great car for what it is. Theres a video of Dickie Meaden putting it round Bedford and it is 2s a lap quicker than the 200t, Not as playful by any means but lets face it. 95% of owners of those types of cars buy them for their outright A-B pace.

I'm one of those 95% tbh. The clubsport looks a nice package... How times have changed!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed today mine Rev matches on up shifts! What's that about?

It does indeed! Holds the revs at the right level for 1-2 seconds...took me a while to get used to it but I don't think about it now. I find the rev decay a bit slow so making use of it does slow my shifts down and they're nice and smooth.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only noticed it cos sometimes do a shift from 4th to 6th and holds the revs to high.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Today Mountune released their next power upgrade kit;

Revealed exclusively at the Cars and Coffee event today in Essex is the mountune MR230 upgrade for the mk7 Fiesta ST.

As the name suggests, the MR230 upgrade kit delivers a performance uplift to 230PS at 5500rpm with 340Nm of torque available from 3000rpm.

As with almost all MR upgrade kits, the base hardware used in the MP kit is retained, in this instance the induction kit, to enable and easier and less expensive transition to MR level performance.
Joining the induction kit is a high-flow silicone induction hose and charge pipe upgrade kit, an uprated alloy intercooler, high-flow downpipe with 200-cell cat and a twin-tip cat-back exhaust system. All hardware can be added in a modular fashion except the downpipe, which is recommended to be installed together with the MR230 calibration.

The MR230 calibration is supplied using an mTune handheld device – for customers who are currently running an MP215 installed with an mTune, an in-field downloadable firmware update is available at a greatly reduced cost.

mountune's engineers spent a great deal of time developing this kit to ensure that it delivers the optimum level of performance with the OE turbocharger, whilst maintaining the maximum possible reliability of the engine and transmission components.

To help do this, the MR230 upgrade kit is also supplied with a mountune locking tool to adjust the cam timing. Working with the OE turbocharger compressor map, it was evident early into the development process that simply adding the appropriate hardware wouldn't be sufficient to maximise what was, in reality, a small operating window to extract additional performance.

As part of the upgrade, the cam timing has been optimised and to ensure a quicker, more accurate method of timing them accordingly, a bespoke tool is included for the installing technician.

The altered cam timing provides a definite improvement in power and also helps hold on to the torque higher up in the rev range.

The end result is the docile, OE-like day-to-day driving experience you've come to expect from a mountune calibration, which, at the depression of the throttle, spools into action, delivering a wave of torque that's difficult not to smile at, with an induction and exhaust note that's hard not to enjoy in equal measure!

For customers running the market-leading MP215 upgrade, the MR230 delivers a whole lot more of the same torque-related characteristics, but with a noticeably stronger top-end, and for those with a standard Fiesta ST, the change in performance is understandably, dramatic.

With the kit installed, the 0-60mph time drops to 5.9 seconds, a full 1-second improvement over the standard model In-gear and midrange acceleration is improved upon even more substantially thanks to the 340Nm readily on hand.

As an MR upgrade, your warranty may be affected as it does not benefit from the same exemption that the MP upgrades provide. However, the cat-back exhaust is covered by a limited lifetime warranty and our standard 12-month / 12,000 mile warranty against manufacturing defects is applicable to the remaining hardware.

MR230 from MP215 costs £1995 inc. VAT
MR230 from a standard Fiesta ST costs £2295 inc. VAT

Ouch. Despite it being as close to warranty approved as any tuner will get...I'll not be doing this.

RB182cup&golf gti
Got quite excited reading this, then remembered I swapped my ST back in October. Feel better now I've seen the price as I wouldn't have bothered at that price. Bit unfair that there's not a £600 difference given that's what the MP215 cost.
Sounds awesome mind!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
That's bloody pricey to go from mp to mr. It's a shame it doesn't retain the warranty but I don't think any of the MR packages on other cars have

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The premium they charge over other tuners make sense with the retained warranty. Without it, loses the main usp.

Crazy money for the bhp gained. Torque is a very nice figure, but considering you get no warranty, you could go to billy bob with £2k and get the same/more figures imo.

Bloody impressive figures from that 208 GTI, shame the 30th Ed is so ugly with the two-tone scheme.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
MR230bhp.jpg
MR230lbsft.jpg
I'm warming to this already. If these graphs are anything to go by and past performance would suggest that they are, it may be a worthwhile modification considering I still have 67,000 miles to go in mine...although the lack of warranty does smart a bit.

The headline peak gain isn't that exciting (230 vs 215) but the area beneath the curves is. Very.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
View attachment 124495 View attachment 124497 I'm warming to this already. If these graphs are anything to go by and past performance would suggest that they are, it may be a worthwhile modification considering I still have 67,000 miles to go in mine...although the lack of warranty does smart a bit.

The headline peak gain isn't that exciting (230 vs 215) but the area beneath the curves is. Very.
Why would you pay that much though? If the warranty is gone there are surely numerous other companies that could offer the same for far less?
Crazy figures for such a small engine. 67k miles with no warranty? Good luck!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why would you pay that much though? If the warranty is gone there are surely numerous other companies that could offer the same for far less?
Crazy figures for such a small engine. 67k miles with no warranty? Good luck!

I guess having run one of their upgrades for the last 20k and knowing how good it is and feels that I'm a sucker for their marketing.

Someone had a rant on Facebook about exactly this, too much dollar, not enough poke, needing all the additional hardware for the complete upgrade, and no warranty and this was their response;

'It's limited heavily by the turbocharger (which is tiny) - so to be able to run it at a sensible boost pressure and turbo speed, the hardware is required to improve intake and exhaust efficiencies, in effect, giving back some headway on the turbo and maintaining the maximum possible reliability.

It's easy to say a kit is a number higher than the turbo is physically capable of producing (you only need to look at the OE compressor map to see some of the claims being banded about are simply not possible), or remove safety parameters and wind the boost up, but as most will hopefully realise by now, that's not what we're about. Properly engineered, proven products, that deliver what they should whilst maintaining maximum reliability - backed up by 35 years of building championship winning race engines and performance parts is what we do'.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Did I really need MP215? Definitely not, but given both packages are developed with Ford's involvement, it makes the car as good as it could be while retaining as much of the car's original drivability and reliability as possible.

It is a lot of money, granted, but consider that even paying full price on top of the purchase price of the car it doesn't seem too bad.

18k for ST2, £2.3k for MR230, that's just over £20k before discount for an 1,150kg hot hatch with 230bhp and insane levels of torque.

I think given that it compares quite well with other cars in its class.

RB182cup&golf gti
I'd go for it Mark. You only live once and you love your car. If I still had mine as I'd be getting it done. There'll be a lot of seriously quick fiestas about soon