ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little clios.

Clio MK2
When all these meets happen.. What about the little clios, 1.2 ect, Non-sports.. Feel a bit left out compared to the beasts?:eek:

Feel like attending some but thought i'd just get bullied out of it ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
nah you wont get bullied out :) everyone knows McGherkin has the slowest clio in the south west and still no bullying in site when at the meets :p lol. don't worry about and just go along and have fun, im sure you will feel very welcome.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I sometimes go to meets in one of our fast clios, sometimes im in a 1.2 corsa that I use as a daily, Ive been equally welcome each time.

There is a meet in basingstoke (ie near you) on tuesday next week, pop along and say hi :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
nah you wont get bullied out :) everyone knows McGherkin has the slowest clio in the south west and still no bullying in site when at the meets :p lol. don't worry about and just go along and have fun, im sure you will feel very welcome.

Exactly, we are all far too busy hating him for being ginger to notice he has a 1.2 really TBH

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Should turn up at a Scottish CS meet, you'll feel out of place driving any Clio!

Lies!!

2ahezaha.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
When I organize meets I'm always wanting slower cars to come.

When doing driving meets its not about flying along at 70 MPH, its about having an interesting drives with friends. Stopping for photos and chit chat is what meet are all about for me.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Also, most of us all started off in something slower than a clio!

You've got to start somewhere!

PB Clio 172

The fatty 1 magherkin 0

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
All I'm saying is if I've got the slowest clio in the south west, then how do I keep up with everyone?

You're not a racing driver if you don't go for a gap IIRC.

Phase 1 172
I sometimes go to meets in one of our fast clios, sometimes im in a 1.2 corsa that I use as a daily, Ive been equally welcome each time.

There is a meet in basingstoke (ie near you) on tuesday next week, pop along and say hi :)

where is this meet in basingstoke?

320d
I've been to CS meets in all of my cars inc a 1.2 Clio and Mazda 323F. Long as you enjoy it that's all that matters.

I wouldn't risk it mate, everyone throws rocks at the non-sporters in our area :(

In all seriousness, I did feel a bit awkward on my first meet as I was the only guy in a non-sport and had never met anyone before.

Now I don’t care if I know anyone or what cars they’re driving because that’s the whole point of going. – Putting faces to names, having a laugh and taking pictures :p

If you don’t go you’ll never know what it’s like, plus you can never go to another one again if you disliked it.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
All I'm saying is if I've got the slowest clio in the south west, then how do I keep up with everyone?

You're not a racing driver if you don't go for a gap IIRC.

Also we stick to the limits and dont go about 3.5K

We can always test this on Friday? :p

@ jack, South Central group are a good bunch, they make you feel welcome

My first meet I met some pup known as "Dr Jekyll"... Next thing you know a month later he was under my car helping me fit and exhaust and suspension. One of the most honest, genuine and nicest blokes I've ever met. Every meet since has been the same. Top people.

Believe it or not, when I first saw Mark's car it was a shed!! (I jest mate - it was just in bits in the passenger footwell). It's one of the nicest cars to grace these pages.

<3 CS.

clio 182 black /gold
As said you would be most welcome in any car or as a passenger in any car. No matter if it is a Clio sport or a 1.2. :D. A lot of friendly people on here.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Nothing wrong with going in a 1.2!

As someone has already said, you have to start somewhere!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
For the first year or two of being on here I owned a non sport, went to meets and drives with everyone... I had a problem keeping up at one point with the rally mk1 and 172cup in front on one drive... But that didnt make it any less fun.

Go along to one :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My first meet I met some pup known as "Dr Jekyll"... Next thing you know a month later he was under my car helping me fit and exhaust and suspension. One of the most honest, genuine and nicest blokes I've ever met. Every meet since has been the same. Top people.

Believe it or not, when I first saw Mark's car it was a shed!! (I jest mate - it was just in bits in the passenger footwell). It's one of the nicest cars to grace these pages.

<3 CS.

Really nice to read this Sam :) I appriciate the kind words.