ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hero wheel!

Feels so much better than standard. Keep it clean bud :)
Haha i feel like getting some gay gloves to wear so i dont get it dirty. It feels a different car to drive now mark with the wheel and the nicer gear change

Done a oil and filter change on her yesterday aswell so its running sweet as a nut. Well have to catch up once yours has had its surgery lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes bud, maybe get some pics?

I loved the wheel. Suits the cup perfect mate. Unfortunately it's going to happen regarding the wear/dirt on the material but when it gets too far gone, then give snappy a call :wink:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yes definitely get some pics of them soon. Hopefully it won't get to dirty to quick as its hardly used

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
9th December 2012:

You need to get your steering wheel done like this if your keeping it oem/oem+

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?672774-Steering-wheel-re-trim-(snappy)

The renault sport sabelt one would look nice in yours if your going after market :smile:

Cheers mark ill get it sorted after the new year ill get a pal of mine to take the wheel off for me as im useless haha i like the sabelt but i dont want all the airbag issues and stuff

Now:

Update time. Its been a while but ive been really busy with her

So ive gave the arches a real deep clean and ive recently had the wheels re powdercoated carbon grey and have added a sabelt wheel aswell and a ED short shifter

Heres a few pictures below of what ive been up to

View attachment 129541

View attachment 129543

Just sayin' :wink:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
For the better mate!

Your car looks much better than when this project thread was first started and it was nice then! Love it Olly!
Cheers beautiful

Its come on so far im well happy with it. Just a couple of very small tweaks and its done. Might have to squeeze the B14's in before i take the plunge with the mrs

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Update

So i treated the cup to more goodies which include TPI wheel bolts and some anodised washers for the engine bay and also took delivery of some Bilstein B14's :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
f1f30e8621ab9db264b56eb4593ba835.jpg

4c738d6d54a64e3c6e239360c9f27eb1.jpg

dddfdeab25bc4dc58429ed50139a6a12.jpg

05c641c1a5689473a373bf5fff19ad02.jpg

9eaf1f745f68a7aa91b5dce6f96aa321.jpg

f09e670c0c34a7e02cbc662868e35c5d.jpg

85e1781f67f88fc39f8874d4a749f62e.jpg

Also sealed the wheels with Gtechniq C5 whilst they were off aswell

26e242c617feb1a414afb569a610f6ec.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I love the look of the TPI bolts bit they can rust easy if not protected. Shouldn't be a problem for you though :wink:

When you getting the b14's fitted and by who?

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Looking stunning as always mate .. Have fun at Trax today. Just a shame I couldn't be there and get them together again at a show :pensive:
FB_IMG_1433775974005_1.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I love the look of the TPI bolts bit they can rust easy if not protected. Shouldn't be a problem for you though :wink:

When you getting the b14's fitted and by who?
Was debating them after seeing the rust reviews. I really like them now there on

I whacked a bit of sealant on them and ill do it every time i wash it ha

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Update

Finally got the Bilstein B14's fitted and im really happy with them. The car feels much more planted compared to the V-Maxx i had. Ive still got to set them up properly and adjust the ride height a tad as its sitting a bit low for my liking but ive got a creaking noise on the drivers side at low speed so ill have to investigate it next weekend

a6613a5effd203378f0af4a783e12f9c.jpg

bcc30da4ffb02ae45d025f0d2fa02cab.jpg

efa16b220b76ac8635d6c2c15e06cdf6.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
@Phase1sr you no the rubber platforms that the spring sits on. Does that stay at the top with the bilstein adjusters or do you put it at the bottom

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
@Phase1sr you no the rubber platforms that the spring sits on. Does that stay at the top with the bilstein adjusters or do you put it at the bottom
Just put the rubber ring between the spring and the beam bud, no need for it to go at the top with the adjuster.

Plus it won't fit under the adjuster anyway.

The way you know the adjuster goes to the top is because the text on the spring, the way you have fitted them the text is up the wrong way. 😂

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Just put the rubber ring between the spring and the beam bud, no need for it to go at the top with the adjuster.

Plus it won't fit under the adjuster anyway.

The way you know the adjuster goes to the top is because the text on the spring, the way you have fitted them the text is up the wrong way. 😂
Nice one scott your a star

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It does matter.

So do you go out every week adjusting the ride height of your car then?

I know I didn't, in fact it's easier to adjust.

The spring can only go one way up/only fits onto the adjuster one way.

The writing on the spring shouldn't be up side down.

Kyle, just fit them as I said buddy, don't listen to these clowns. [emoji23]

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It does matter.

So do you go out every week adjusting the ride height of your car then?

I know I didn't, in fact it's easier to adjust.

The spring can only go one way up/only fits onto the adjuster one way.

The writing on the spring shouldn't be up side down.

Kyle, just fit them as I said buddy, don't listen to these clowns. [emoji23]
This is exactly what me and my pal said that its strange that the writing is upside down lol