ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Like this a lot, nice few parts there.....

Apart from the fake coolant cap and cover, would look so much better new fresh ones.

Currently at the house deposit stage also

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Well done for holding onto it for two years, was there pressure to pay with it or does the Mrs understand? It certainly looks a nice example but please do away with the dipped carbon shyte.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Well done for holding onto it for two years, was there pressure to pay with it or does the Mrs understand? It certainly looks a nice example but please do away with the dipped carbon shyte.
She thinks I love the car more than her so she was kool. She don't know the half of what I've spent on it. All the parts get delivered to my nans house [emoji28][emoji28]

I'll probably do away with the little dipped carbon bits under the bonnet. The OEM coolant cap I have is brand spanking anyway.. It's probably going to go more OEM anyway with wheels going back to silver and a couple of other bits

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Like this a lot, nice few parts there.....

Apart from the fake coolant cap and cover, would look so much better new fresh ones.

Currently at the house deposit stage also
Cheers fella. Yeah I'll change coolant cap back I have a brand spanking new one anyway. Cover I was never that happy with either so that will go when I get over to it again.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes boy!

Pretty penny spent there my man. Going to be ace when it's done, although knowing you it is NEVER done!!

Be good to see you soon, it's been a while.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Kyle I have a spare set of full leather Trendlines if you’re interested. From a Megane, Clio frames ready to go.

Plans look amazing! Have you had any paint work done? I’m looking for some touch up bits on mine and recommendations on body shops?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yes boy!

Pretty penny spent there my man. Going to be ace when it's done, although knowing you it is NEVER done!!

Be good to see you soon, it's been a while.
Cheers boy. Oh yeah spent a bomb on it
You know what it's like my man they are never done. Will be great to catch up with you both soon and talk weddings lol

Look forward to a catch up with you and the lads. RB is looking awesome [emoji8]

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Kyle I have a spare set of full leather Trendlines if you’re interested. From a Megane, Clio frames ready to go.

Plans look amazing! Have you had any paint work done? I’m looking for some touch up bits on mine and recommendations on body shops?
I'm OK thanks love I really want the Meg 225 ones they are just perfect for the cup. How's the RB plans going? Doing much over the weekend?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Congratulations on the wedding mate, and good luck with the build. I hope it gets done in a timely fashion and it is soon on the road / track.
Thank you mate hope you are well. Same with the T mate I really hope it finally gets sorted and we can have a good old chin wag in the summer for the shows and say thank fook they are done especially yours. Will be great to see you

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Few little updates on the cup in the last couple of days which I thought I'd get out off the way as it's getting to cold [emoji85]

1st thing I did was get rid off the blue dash trims as it started to get on my nerves so I decided to wrap them in 6D carbon. Normally I don't do fake carbon but in this case it was a much cheaper option and I'm quite pleased with it
d7c91d40e0570da27545da1bdcbb2f11.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Also come across these disks I bought about 3 years ago which will go in eventually with clear needles as I hate the orange ones. Put my own little touch on it with the decal
012bf6b3a3a412655f6300c5f0e7cebb.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I also got the safety devices cage mounted in ready. It's still got to have the foot plates welded in and cage bolted in but I needed to make room in the garage so I decided to get it in. Pain in the ass it was
61a8bece7a5d9c790b0d0ed5d69e9ae6.jpg
595883107f19f9a6a90a46db97594968.jpg
f8b3ca26bfc27131aa5729a16c3292b9.jpg
4a3b62f4b33ce49e8186d05126d217a5.jpg
6913e3ff40a1f7457497002c2e357c52.jpg

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
When I did my cage and mounts I removed the rear inner arch stonechip/sealer it was so thick. The plate sealed so much better on the body then. Just something to consider mate.
Obviously have to remove the burnt stone chip when you weld in the mounts aswell underneath and re apply. Someone on fire watch aswell it flames well when there welded in and stinks ha.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
When I did my cage and mounts I removed the rear inner arch stonechip/sealer it was so thick. The plate sealed so much better on the body then. Just something to consider mate.
Obviously have to remove the burnt stone chip when you weld in the mounts aswell underneath and re apply. Someone on fire watch aswell it flames well when there welded in and stinks ha.
I'll make sure I'll make a note of this cheers Craig :) ha [emoji6]

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Update

I finally found some meggy 225 f1 recaros and I'm chuffed to bits. Whilst sitting at home yesterday something told me in my head to do a random search and boom there they were. I couldn't believe it so I had to snap them up. They are absolutely immaculate I feel like I've won the lottery haha. The 350 mile round trip was so worth it

Ive also finally taken delivery of a KTEC carbon splitter which had taken over 2 months to arrive

I really think I'm there with the cup. Apart from a BMS shifter there's nothing else I want or need now so I can really crack on with the build now

Here's a few pictures. Not the best quality but hey

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yes Kyle! can't wait to see it all fitted. Let me know if you're having a car day and i'll pop over.
Sounds like a great plan when this weather does one mate. Can't wait to get em together

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Small update. Got a couple of things done on the cup finally now the weather is now a bit more milder

Got the Recaros in place. Just got to refit the seatbelt tentioners which I will do next weekend

Got the carbon splitter on finally which has finished the front end of nicely

She is now insured finally so it's very near to being back on the road. Still got to tax and MOT it which is next and also need a replacement windscreen. Then once these bits are done the cup will be off to Michael Woodford for the ITB conversion :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Meg Cup recaros finally fitted :)

Stuck a decal on the headrest courtesy of n2 grafix
6c005191ca5c0b28c9ff71dc4e466ebc.jpg
e7f1b30bcb290e27900cd520f98957b3.jpg
eb98790ab7ed14cde5e5fd2f0571f512.jpg
057ea4173b2438ea2317211756d589d1.jpg
8380a30d4f95c7f923a282e2856f70e1.jpg