ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5 or Samaung Galaxy S3?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
No I'm not. I just don't agree with it.

As for the that old Apple ad. Well fair cop I guess. It is slightly different though in that it's not targeting a particular PC manufacturer. Plus it worked. lol.

Yeah suppose it was only targeted at MS....
Also not sure how it worked? It's not like Apple are out selling Windows based PC's is it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Since those ad's, sales increased; hence the comment.

Last edited:
Let's not start being irrational. Apple have come from massive underdog to being worth more than Microsoft and Google combined. Whilst we can't attribute all of that success to one add campaign, we can reasonably assume that it's also due, in part at least, to vastly superior products.

I love how the anti-fanboys love to keep trying to prove something over people who just admit they love nice products, by throwing BORING retorts about processor speeds and memory card slots at them. The levels of irony are so high that the Universe may fold in on itself.

LOL!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
ymygehy6.jpg

The one thing I really like about Macs are the displays. Plus i use a legit install of SolidWorks so I couldn't justify the cost of buying licences for OSX

When it comes to my mobile ive got both Blackberry and a 4S (i actually prefer RIM for email but thats Another debate). I've also come to point where I am considering Droid over iOS in March when my contract expires but I can see me staying iOS. Nearly all my friends/family are available on FaceTime (which is amazing now you can use it over carrier network) and iCloud is bloody handy. Apple DRM sucks though IMO

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Look it up.

Mick, what DRM? Video?

That and music purchased on iTunes Tom. It restricts the use to Apple only devices which, IMO at least, isn't cricket. If I buy a CD I can use it in any CD drive so why can't I use my digital music on say a Nokia or Blackberry?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Music hasn't had DRM on itunes for years mate. In 2009, they dropped it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Music hasn't had DRM on itunes for years mate 2009, they dropped it.

That's all good then as I love my tunes and sometimes feel like the only fool on the planet that actually pays!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't doubt the iphone has out sold the S3 in launch month. But I can't see how you can prove that that ad didn't sway some customers to the S3. If Samsung didn't sell one handset then maybe but I'm sure they sold a good few...

If they sold more than 5 million it worked.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL at that picture, you realise it's only included new 5 features, and has included a million old features for the s3??

You could update that list with facetime, imessage and go on for quite some time.

FFS they even listed "removable battery" as a feature?

Clio 182
Im a big Apple fan, i have the i7 Macbook Air, and 2 x 27" iMacs as well as the iPad 3 and love Apple products, ive always had the iPhone but i recently decided to try the Samsung S3 and to be honest is a much better phone than the iPhone, its true the build quality isnt as nice as the iPhone but small things like being able to replace the battery yourself if needed and adding more storage with a micro sd card, i would recommend getting one to any one thats asks and dont think ill get another iPhone now.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Do we really think people who have bought a 5 for strong money would admit there are good or perhaps in some ways better alternatives.

I have both, and I still prefer the Android in many ways, but prefer the ios for use with other people with them... which is 80% of my mates.

Where as personal computers, it's OSX only for me.

The main reason I wouldn't buy the S3 is because it looks s**t and it's comically large. I want a phone in my pocket, not a chopping board.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The main reason I wouldn't buy the S3 is because it looks s**t and it's comically large. I want a phone in my pocket, not a chopping board.

S3 isn't comically large. The Note is though. Saw someone making a call on one, looked like Dom Joly.

Does the S3 not fit in your skinny jeans, Munson? ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can see Munson in skinny black denim and snakeskin shoes.

I saw someone making a phone call on a note and genuinely laughed, I'd be so embarrassed.