ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5 or Samaung Galaxy S3?

I had one of these f**ks;

samsungp3002_1.jpg

About the size of a credit card. Loved it. That was before Samsung got s**t though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The heyday for older phones was about the time of the w800i.

Epic 2mp camera, small, colour screen, good games, hackable.

Still my favourite ever phone the 900i! The camera on those Sony phones was mental! The k850i had a mental camera!

lactimg_telfwalkmansony1.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Still my favourite ever phone the 900i! The camera on those Sony phones was mental! The k850i had a mental camera!

The K800i was the best of that era imo, we used to have a photobook to show customers what it was capable of. Pictures were immense. Xenon flash too, it was better than a lot of current smartphone cameras indoors.

I never had one, instead I had an N80 which was more smartphone like, usable internet (although not by todays standards)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
w800i was 2MP, K800i was 3MP

The w800i was the K750i iirc, but with the shitty walkman stuff they used to add (a few play/next/back buttons).

182 Trophy
Samsung would kill to get people queuing outside of their retail stores. You can't buy that sort of brand loyalty and prestige. They won't ever achieve it either. Shame really, they try so so hard.

Also When was the last time you touched phones with someone in the street to share a playlist or watched a f**king video while sending an email? Lovely features I'm sure but absofuvkinglutely pointless.

Siri is a gimmick, but i use it every day.

Lol at catchup! With what? The 4s with the s2 the s3 with the 5? Don't make me laugh. Svoice? Cloud services? Ring any bells?
This is the exact reason I looked at other phones before actually buying the iPhone, the sad defensive angry responses to a light hearted video are actually cringeworthy, it's a f**king phone get a grip apple users
for that reason, I'm out
buy an s3

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Remember the monolith in 2001, the iPhone 5 is made out of monoliths.

2014 Focus Titanium
I had SE phones until the N80 came out which I thought was the dogs at the time, it EVEN had Wifi! Then I hacked it to become an N80 IE :cool:

Then came the N95 and I thought that was unbelievable, looking back now it was terrible!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
N95 was horrendous.

I was a P Series fan, those were the real deal.

53 Clio's & counting
I have an S3, and I really love it.

Though i'm about as up with technology as I am with knitting, I love the larger screen (showing my age and poor eye sight :eek: ), I love that it's really light (I detest heavy phones, and near every phone feels blocky and heavy after the S3) and just how the phone works in general.

I use Claires 4, and while I think the iphone is a fantastic product, I just prefere the S3 over it - no particular reason, just my personal preference.

I would definately get the S3 and 5 side by side, try both, see how they feel to you and go with your gut.

330Ci cab
ive got a 4th gen touch, ipad and macbook but have an s3, and previously had SE smartphones (which were shite) used iphones too but my preference is android. may seem mad, but meh, each to their own :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
im stuck in this boat at the moment, contract ends next month and im stuck on getting a s3 or a 4s... price is one issue for me.. but the best deal ive found so far is by 3 and its for the s3... its £31 a month, £29 cost up front for the phone, 5000 3to3 minutes.. 2000 normal minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data! which the unlimited data is what you need for 3g ready phone like the s3/4s/5! plus for £31 you cant really complain!

Monaco 172
I also am in the new phone dilemma and after reading this entire thread I have made my decision.

HTC.

im stuck in this boat at the moment, contract ends next month and im stuck on getting a s3 or a 4s... price is one issue for me.. but the best deal ive found so far is by 3 and its for the s3... its £31 a month, £29 cost up front for the phone, 5000 3to3 minutes.. 2000 normal minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data! which the unlimited data is what you need for 3g ready phone like the s3/4s/5! plus for £31 you cant really complain!

Try them both.

I came from a 4 to an S3, and in terms of feel the S3 feels much nicer to use (not as heavy, thinner, bigger screen), but it will be down to personal preference of course!

Clio 172 cup
I have just swapped my iphone 5 for a galaxy s3. Possibly the best thing i have ever done. Theres just sooo much more that can be done on the S3 in terms of customizing. I made £150 too!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Wait a week or so and there will be new Android devices that aren't crippled by design.

You'd have to be mental to buy an S3 right now.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What sort of customisation is offered? I've never used an Android device properly.