ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction to Detailing Day

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Going go karting, this would have been usefull never really cleaned my car with wax/polish only just started would have been good for pointers.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
17. Junior bears friend (Aj)
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Nathdawg

I can't wait for this now :)

clio 1.2 16v
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Fastharry

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Nathdawg
24. fastharry

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to have to pull out unfortunately. I'm at Haydock races the night before so I'll be in no fit state tbh.

Have a good 'un.

I'll have too see if it's possible to get out out of my road due the Manchester run that Sunday morning.

FML, just remember seeing that sign!

Yeah there will be road closures in the area on Sunday.

You will be able to get out, nobody should be blocked in their houses as they can't do that (what if you needed an ambulance) might just take a bit of searching.

I am going to be ringing them on Wednesday with final numbers, so I could do with knowing who's coming and who isn't, they can't organise the day on a bunch of "maybe's" and "I'll see's" unfortunately.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
1. TheKid - Definite
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan - Definite
5. Johnbryan45 - Definite
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Nathdawg
24. fastharry

Here is a full list of what roads will be closed, where, and what time from and until.

http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/event-information/road-closure-information

Shinearama is located just behind Broadheath retail park and is accessible through the lanes that run behind it to/from Dunham, Partington and Altrincham.

Like I say, it's important that we know who is coming. Remember, Paul is buying everyone bacon butties and hot drinks, so let's not leave him out of pocket for no reason.

Hope the link is of some use to people. :)

Wouldn't like to say mate, that list has every road closure and restriction, including the location and time.

It's worth pointing out that they won't close the major roads of South Manchester and just leave everyone in the s**t, there will be diversions in place and there are plenty of ways of getting to Shinearama.

Having said that I will be leaving in plenty of time myself, and I only need to go 4 miles to get there!

Delay it a few weeks? I'll have a car then. :eek:

When I booked this in months ago he was booked up until this weekend, to delay it I presume would mean putting it off another couple of months.

I'll ask the question though, as the selfish runners are causing a headache for some, but I can't see him being able to knock it back by just a week or two :(

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ill still be coming, although i may get lost with all the road diversions etc. where abouts are you based in manchester? wondering if its easier that i meet someone who knows where they are going etc.

I'm only a few miles away in all fairness, so if you want I'll send you my number and if you have any problems you can ring me?

This may be the best route for people coming off the M60:

http://g.co/maps/jv6u9

From what I can see the A56 will be chaos and should be avoided, please don't take my word for it, I just don't want anyone getting lost/stuck. I know the above route is quite long winded, but I can't think of of a better way around that avoids the A56?!

Any of the other lads that know the area well suggest something better at all?!? Jon, Chris?

Im a definate

trust shinearama to be bang in the middle of the course tho! looks like I'm gonna have to go M62 onto the M60 then follow that map above!

Like I say, take that map with a pinch of salt, I don't want people to think it's the only route in, I'm not all that clear on which sections of the A56 are open/closed, it would seem there are intermittent closures, so it's hard to work out where it's shut and when!

Personally I will probably go that way I posted, just to be safe, nothing worse than getting stuck in motionless traffic!

I'm only a few miles away in all fairness, so if you want I'll send you my number and if you have any problems you can ring me?

This may be the best route for people coming off the M60:

http://g.co/maps/jv6u9

From what I can see the A56 will be chaos and should be avoided, please don't take my word for it, I just don't want anyone getting lost/stuck. I know the above route is quite long winded, but I can't think of of a better way around that avoids the A56?!

Any of the other lads that know the area well suggest something better at all?!? Jon, Chris?

I think this would be a better route from the M60. http://g.co/maps/7w3zm

Only part of the A56 is closed. It's all very vague tbh.

Think I'll personally just run some people over.

ClioSport 182
[h=2] 1. TheKid - Definite
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan - Definite
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Nathdawg
24. fastharry
25. Adamh182
[/h]

Just seen the course map in full (good find Jon) and Jons suggested route, that does look the best way in and out of Shinearama.

Avoid the Sale section of the A56 and you're laughing.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
1. TheKid - Definite
2. XxHarDinGxX - Definite
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan - Definite
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Nathdawg
24. fastharry
25. Adamh182

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the maps guys, Kid (sorry I've not caught your name yet) do you want to pm me your number just in case.

Is there a definitive time yet?

Ill be going, 61 then 60 and then off on the route Jon said.

1. TheKid - Definite
2. XxHarDinGxX - Definite
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan - Definite
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay
12.LouisSpencer
13. Chris
14.SEAN16V
15. Junior Bear
16. Nashy
18. Chapppers11
19. seltking
20. Jonnio
21. Matthew R
22. withoutabix (maybe)
23. Nathdawg
24. fastharry
25. Adamh182
26. Plummer

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Is everybody going to come into these road close issues?

I'm from Telford and never drove to Manchester before... :/

Got a funeral to go to Saturday too, do may have to give this one a miss now :(

Coming from telford mate, I would get on the M56 --> M60 (towards the trafford centre) then follow Jons route he posted up.

Unfortunately I imagine your satnav will try and take you through Altrincham, which is where many of these closures are.