ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction to Detailing Day

I went down to Shinearama in Altrincham yesterday to get a few bits and bobs that I needed, as always I got chatting to Paul and the subject came up of doing open days for car clubs.

Basically Paul has agreed to do an open day at his workshop, covering the basics of detailing. I've been to one of his open days before and I have to say, it's always a good day, and usually very hands on, they encourage you to have a go, which I find a great thing! The guys there are all really friendly and prepared to answer any questions you have. They have a shop there too, and everything is very very well priced.

I will be setting this in stone with him Monday/Tuesday but it will be going ahead no matter how many of us turn up.

Who? Anyone, from new starters to the experts are all welcome along.

What? The day will cover the basics of vehicle detailing, starting with the principles of cleaning and what everything does, working through the stages, up to machine polishing which will be covered also.

When? Sunday 29th April. Start time tbc, usually around 10am.

Where? Shinearama Workshop, Altrincham. See map: http://g.co/maps/4byqt

I would thoroughly recommend coming along to this if you have the time, everyone will be able to take something away from it, even the experts will be able to benefit from it. If all of that doesn't swing it for you, there will be Bacon butties and a hot drink for breakfast, all of which, including the day, is completely free.

Hope to see you all there, stick your name down if you can, just so I can let Paul know closer to the time how many people to expect.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb idea guys hopefully get a few numbers.

330 Ci
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13

Should be able to take allot from this :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH

Just a heads up for anyone coming as well, Paul usually does cash discount if you're looking at buying products from the shop (not online). However don't hold me to that. If you're thinking of buying anything bring some cash and I'm sure Paul can advise and do you a nice little discount.

Looking good so far :D

Yeah Jon is right, it is always worth taking cash with you (there are no cash machines nearby so bring it with you) if you are thinking of buying anything.

Just spoke to Phil, everything is organised and ready to go :)

Thanks for organising this event for us on the forum. I've booked you in for Sunday 29th April, 10am-1pm. I'll follow this format but let me know if there is anything in particular that you would like covered:

10am tea/coffee/hot chocolate
10.30am bacon sandwiches
11am snowfoam pre-wash, two bucket method washing, claying, drying
11.30am inside for taping-up, introduction to machine polishing, paint depth readings
12pm compare waxes and sealants followed by questions and answers

It's an informal day and the times are just guidelines. The event is totally free to attend and we will have a show and shine competition for the best car.

Kind regards,

Phil
Shinearama Limited

In response to that, is there anything specific that we want them to cover for us?

RS6 C7
f**k it I'm coming!, Although it's a treck it will be a great experience.

Doesn't matter than i have an Audi does it?

Merc A class
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera

Stick your name down if you're coming along :)

1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera

R60 CUP
1. TheKid
2. XxHarDinGxX
3. Jon
4. JamesBryan
5. Johnbryan45
6. FAST_aD13
7. rhysbartley
8. RDH
9. Cotball
10. Riad & Camera
11.Cliojay

I got a load of stuff from them on saturday including a new machine polisher so im defo up for this! learn some tricks and tips on how to us stuff :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a complete novice so I'll be the confused guy dribbling in the corner.