ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction to Detailing Day

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's around 67% of my reasoning! Have the 1.2 for daily use so it's a rarity to be able to justify a 280 mile round trip.. :eek:

Coming in from the M6 will I be affected by the marathon?

Get off at J20 which is Lymm. Then follow signs for Lymm/Altrincham.

At least that way you should avoid the closures.

Ph1, Z4, TR3a, SV650
Yeah i know theres, erm, shall we call them issues (******* runners!!!) :rasp: So ill figure out which way i go later, i was thinking A57 or A623, then coming off the M60 at J8 and following the route you put up from there. You think that will be ok?
And i know its a fair way, but imo its woth the journey just for the bacon :approve:

Get off at J20 which is Lymm. Then follow signs for Lymm/Altrincham.

At least that way you should avoid the closures.

Not sure it will avoid them will it?

The route crosses the A56 here: http://g.co/maps/d4fxx

The route you mentioned will bring him out on the Lymm/A56 roundabout won't it?

Yeah i know theres, erm, shall we call them issues (******* runners!!!) :rasp: So ill figure out which way i go later, i was thinking A57 or A623, then coming off the M60 at J8 and following the route you put up from there. You think that will be ok?
And i know its a fair way, but imo its woth the journey just for the bacon :approve:

Snake/Woodhead pass?

That would work fine tbh yeah, allow for plenty of time though mate :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Chris if you decide you do want to come, I'm in bolton so will be mega easy to take you down to the meet..

Right everyone, just spoken to Phil.

Being a top bloke, he has managed to get in touch with the marathon organisers, after being passed my message from yesterday.

The roads in and around South Manchester will be fully open until 10am, then they will start to close them off as the runners progress. He said we should aim to arrive between 9:30 and 9:45, so we can all avoid the closures. Anyone late will be able to get through as the closures will have crossing points for vehicles, but I expect the traffic leading up to these would be hell.

So, aim to arrive at half 9 and all should be okay.

The day will run from about 10ish to about 2 and he will cover everything from snowfoams and 2 bucket method, through claying and other decon stages, all the way upto the basics of machine polishing. Of course it is weather dependant, he can't snowfoam anything in the pouring rain, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

I have informed him of the confirmed numbers so there should be plenty of bacon to go round :)

The roads will begin to re-open out of Manchester between 13:00 and 14:00 so it should be timed nicely.

I will aim to get there first (with some form of Mcdonalds breakfast knowing me :eek:)

So I will see you all there, safe journey to all those coming a long way. If anyone wants my mobile number then just drop me a PM and if you run into trouble, you can always get hold of me.

Any questions, just ask :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Awesome! Should be able to get there trouble free then *crosses fingers*

See you all there :approve:

clio 1.2 16v
looking forward to this !! just hope the weather holds out, or atleast picks up abit !!
those times with the marathon make life alot easy !
See you all Sunday

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Thanking you... Even tho I will be coming in the Clio me van and 172 could seriously do with a good detail so be good to get some knowledge under me knitted hat.

Anyway just want to make some new 'car friendssss'

:D

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Thanking you... Even tho I will be coming in the Clio me van and 172 could seriously do with a good detail so be good to get some knowledge under me knitted hat.

Anyway just want to make some new 'car friendssss'

:D
Good man, do you want to convoy there mate. Meeting a few others at Sainsbury's?

Out of interest, is there any way of removing swirls on them?

From what I know (which isn't much, ill be honest) swirl marks occur in gloss clearcoat, because the raiders paint does not have gloss clearcoat I doubt the car would suffer from swirl marks, and if it did, would you ever see them with the paint reflecting so little light?

A question to be asked on Sunday I feel :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Will be nice to see one of these Raiders :)

Out of interest, is there any way of removing swirls on them?

Think I'm too OCD to own one!

Swissvax have a range of products for matte paint.

The Raider isn't a wrap either, it's actual matte paint. lol.

That's half the reason I didn't order one. I'm far too OCD. :eek:

That offer still there for a lift, Ed? I'm having second thoughts. :eek: Sorry.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I know but the parents are away all weekend too. Need to look after the dogs and my little brother, my brother would die without attention as he can't feed himself and play xbox at the same time. He needs a little reminder sometimes to do basic things like eat, sleep, drink and on occasion breathe.

Plus I've got to be MEGA careful where I'm driving on these tyres atm.

Get pulled in trafford again and I'll lose my license. I've not done my full 2 years yet and my tyres are literally on the limit. If I wouldn't have argued the other Friday I wouldn't have my license anymore.

Thing is your tyre's aren't Illegal, yet. When they are they can do you, not before.

Manchester marathon that day, Police have better things to do rather than catch Mr Rhys Bartley with his nearly illegal tyres.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Thing is your tyre's aren't Illegal, yet. When they are they can do you, not before.

Manchester marathon that day, Police have better things to do rather than catch Mr Rhys Bartley with his nearly illegal tyres.

They'll be keeping a look out for people with low tread on their Nike running trainers iirc.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

If it wasn't a case of potentially loosing my license then I wouldn't care.

Plus I checked them and they are :(

If it wasn't a case of potentially loosing my license then I wouldn't care.

Don't want to get into it in this thread as it'll end up as a case of:

1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

But, and I mean no disrespect here at all mate, but you're concerned about your license, yet you got pulled doing ***mph.

Just saying mate.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, stupid thing to do, but after being warned about something and being told I'll be getting checked again next time they see my car I'd rather not be so completely blatant about it :)

And lets be honest, you know full well you've done more than that speed before now. The only difference being you haven't been caught. Yet.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's ok mate, Ed's going to pick me up anyway but thanks for the offer! I'll give you a lift to another meet if you can't make it in your own anytime.