ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction to Detailing Day

330 Ci
I've just washed the mondeo barge in preperation for the inevitable car park concours that'll occru when we arrive :p Can't wait, should be a good day!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll be arriving early with Ed. I really need to stock up on a few bits too.

I can see tomorrow being an expensive day, despite me not even having the car yet. lol.

Ph1, Z4, TR3a, SV650
I was getting ready to make excuses about why my cars gonna be filthy, but it looks like i don't need too now :D

549455_217070115074632_217038531744457_370497_442769027_n.jpg

Need I say more?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
OCD i admit i have it...

My car hasn't been out of the garage for 10 days now, been corrected to about 95%, had all the wheels off and sealed, even the arches are wearing a coat of Zaino CS

Now it might be filthy after the drive but should be beading like a good'un

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm tempted by Glasur but I don't like the additional upkeep of it.

For that reason I'm sticking with Carbon. :eek:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice chappers.

Glasur > Carbon ;)

Gotta love zymol beading!
This ;)

I was hoping to have to Glasur on for this. But with the weather being so bad the last week or so, I still haven't :(

I've just given mine a quick wash actually, although I've got a 45 minute drive in the morning.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Chris, what time are you being picked up by Ed and where abouts?

Mind if i come and meet you both and convoy down?

Just got home now,

Great day, thanks to everyone who came, especially those who came a long way! Was nice to meet everyone, and have some great banter as always :D

Hope the day was helpful for everyone.

Looking forward to their next open day tbh.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Awesome day!

The RB 200 was mint as well, was good to have a go with the DA and Rotary :approve:

Mini Cooper S
Gutted I missed it :( whole house went down with a sickness bug last night! Please let me know if/when they have another one!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Just got home now,

Great day, thanks to everyone who came, especially those who came a long way! Was nice to meet everyone, and have some great banter as always :D

Hope the day was helpful for everyone.

Looking forward to their next open day tbh.

Cheers for sorting it out mate, also thanks for guiding me and Chris back to the M60 :eek:

Brilliant day, can't wait to try the new products out.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Not long back and was defiantly worth the 1.5hrs on the motorway in torrential rain..

Big thumbs up to shinearama and Thekid for organising was very enjoyable and some decent banter

and as i predicted as soon as i hit the motorway i remembered the one thing i actually did need to get which i never picked up! dam you finishing pad!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome meet. Cheers Ed.

I'm so glad I know that place now. Brilliant lads there too.

Good to meet everyone I've not met before or not spoke to previously.

Finally home after torrential rain on the motorway, was nice to put names to faces and definitely the best CS meet I've been to.

Enjoyed seeing what could be done on my car as well, even if I didn't trust anyone taking a rotary within 5 miles of the car!

Thanks for sorting Ed.

Edit: btw The wolfs glass nano sealant wasn't as good as G-techniq looks on the videos :(

clio 1.2 16v
Finally home after torrential rain on the motorway, was nice to put names to faces and definitely the best CS meet I've been to.

Enjoyed seeing what could be done on my car as well, even if I didn't trust anyone taking a rotary within 5 miles of the car!

Thanks for sorting Ed.

Edit: btw The wolfs glass nano sealant wasn't as good as G-techniq looks on the videos :(

thats sad ! I was hoping it would be amazing ! Couldnt wait to use is ! Disappointed now !!
Loved your car mate, envy you haha !!
Had a good day overall!

I don't think it was left to cure long enough tbh or maybe more needed to go on, don't be disheartened!

Back to the 1.2 it is now for a week or two :( must of been nearly 50 quid of petrol used today Chris...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
You did look a bit worried when i offered to have a go of the rotary Chappers.

About the Wolf's glass guard, i think it may need a few layers, as i know the GTechniq one says to apply 3 layers.

Ph1, Z4, TR3a, SV650
Good day, thanks to TheKid for setting it all up, even if it did end up getting rather expensive for me :eek:

also feel the need to moan about it taking me almost 3h30 to get home, sunday drivers + bad weather = 35mph and no way to get past :cry:

Glad everyone enjoyed it.

I'm already in the process of organising the next one, this time a lot more juicy ;) I will report back soon with the details on that.

Here are the photos from the day, sent over by Foxx. (They don't appear to be in order, but you get the idea!)

6981970690_c109d8f619_b.jpg
1 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7128055057_a7da0610cf_b.jpg
2 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7128055009_e31986447f_b.jpg
7 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6981970502_fb239eb615_b.jpg
10 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6981970458_76c413685f_b.jpg
3 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7128054855_3e41ea675e_b.jpg
6 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7128054777_c1d5c2df1c_b.jpg
4 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6981970280_788c9bb449_b.jpg
5 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7128054659_8efe47e771.jpg
8 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

6981970172_968aee4c09_b.jpg
9 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Some decent photos, would be interested to see the depth of the paint now after the whole of CS has had a go with a rotary on my bonnet!

For anyone who bought the Wolf's glass sealant, it apparently needs 12 hours before seeing rain to cure properly!

Some decent photos, would be interested to see the depth of the paint now after the whole of CS has had a go with a rotary on my bonnet!

For anyone who bought the Wolf's glass sealant, it apparently needs 12 hours before seeing rain to cure properly!

So its useless to the UK market? ;)