ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Road/Track 172

1362312405.jpg

1362312560.gif

Cup In bits

Looks like the reverse direction Neil? I thought the Clio had gone tbh as I hadn't heard anything after your sale thread, good news though.

I reckon you could save 25-30kg maybe a little more by going for FG bonnet/boot, cutting out doors and fitting poly windows. The biggest saving in that list is going to be the boot then the bonnet and then the doors depending how choppy you get.

Bought some tools from Renault so won't need your ones now, cheers.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Thought you had sold this as I'd seen no updates! Looks great on track though :) Did you sort out the corner weighting yourself? Hoping to get to the trackday in april with a bit luck, You got any more lined up?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I got a shot of Sitech's corner weight scales to set mine up at home , but they could easily set your car up down at there place in Rosyth.
im hoping to get to as many as possible and try some English tracks aswell, that's my mates 106 behind me in the pics. It's over 30bhp less but an even match as its so light.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I havent done anything really to the car for the last few months as I bought a MK2 focus RS so have been using that, so the clio took a back seat and got moved to my parents out the way as the focus exhaust kept setting the alarm off.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Got my name down fora set of fiberglass door in the group buy and will hopefully get my lexan windows and other fiberglass panels ordered soon.

Where is the best place to get windows? I know of plastic for performance but they are £££££

Cup In bits

I chipped in on the doors too, wasn't sure if any will be made after this lot so better to be safe.

Your wanting Tony at ACW plastics then mate, the guy seems to take pride in his work, was going to polish up al the edges of any cut for clarity. he'll cut holes etc for pop it vents for free if you buy them. Only thing is the windows aren't thermoformed and they don't so rear screen.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Diet Time

These arrived yesterday :), and should be picking up a carbon bonnet today. Last night I also ordered a full set of windows from Plastic 4 Performance and another set of aero catches. Im going to hold off fitting these until I see if the group buy for FG tailgates goes ahead if not I will get one from HARacing , then all parts can be fitted and painted at once in which colour ????
1366411477.jpg

Cup In bits

Colour change or just the FG? My votes for graphite grey or white if you are. I thought about doing them a totally different colour from the standard blue, I think it would look stupid though.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I think im just going to keep it blue just now, but I still really want to change the colour to Kawasaki green.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Got a light weight carbon bonnet last week and fitted my aerocatches, I have also gutted my tailgate and may hole saw around the edges aswell. This will just be a temp measure until we see if a tailgate group buy is going ahead with CMC.
1366964157.jpg

1366964474.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I have now got my aerocatches fitted to the tailgate and today spent some time trial fitting my FG doors before hopefully painting them tomorrow. I have got the drivers door almost fitting perfect but the passengers side one is twisted slightly so harder to line up. I have to say I was really shocked when I removed the original doors just how heavy they are :eek:, hopefully my windows will be here soon from P4P then I can get back out on track.
1367358183.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I just drilled the holes in the outer skin for the 3 original screw fixings and took off all the electrics, I did have to cut off a couple of locating dowels to save drilling more holes in the door than needed

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Had a bit of a set back as P4P now say my windows won't be ready untill the 27th ,so I have cancelled the fronts and re ordered them from ACW this time with sliders which should be here this week. This will allow me to get the car water tight and useable.

Make shift booth

1367681512.jpg

And fitted , they still need a flat back and polish but not too bad overall considering it was my first attempt at a 3 stage paint.

1367681371.jpg

Cup In bits

Top job Neil, I have a bonnet, boot and two doors for you....please.

Did you do inside and out and how did you find them to paint? Did they take a load of paint being porous FG?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I did the inside an out and the base and colour coats wernt bad but have a couple o runs on the laqure. I got the paint from spray store and they advised put a blue base/ coloured primer over the white or it would end up too light.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Got my front windows through from acw can't thank them enough for the quick turn around an quality. Just hope my rears come through soon from p4p

1368027998.jpg

1368028320.jpg

Mum having a bit of a nightmare with the central locking , when I lock the doors with the remote they lock but then the outside handles won't work when unlocking untill the inside ones have been used once.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

That was ment to say I am having problems with the central locking, I have also cut back the wiring to the tailgate when it was gutted so may have to trace back that wiring.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Neil, I see you know a good mate of mine, Colin Cunningham?!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Well after getting the doors and front windows fitted as I was planning on tracking the Clio and my focus at knockhill this weekend I've had to go back offshore :dapprove: So god knows when it will be back on track now.
The good news is buy the time I get home the rest of my lexan windows should be here, and I have also bought a yanoo stiff shift and a megane scenic gear stick . Buy mixing the two of these it should hopefully give me a nice shift and better position aswell closer to the wheel.
What are peoples opinions on light weight batteries ? How much can be saved weight wise and are they a hassle if not for a dedicated trak car.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Picked up this to be fitted with a yanoo stiff shift to try and give a better gear stick position.
Standard 172 V's Megane Scenic
1369693028.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Throw is about the same as standard but without the normal play, the actual position is a lot closer to the wheels and feels loads better to use.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Nope it hasn't moved from the front of my house in over 2months, I tried to get a space for the last track night but was too late.
I hope to try and get out on the 21st, but ideally could do with either getting my front GAZ rebuilt or some new suspension.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

It'll be from a Mk1 phase 1 or 2 and yes, it'll be a bolt on part.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

I fitted a yahoo stiff shift into it so I think that's meant to give a 10% shorter throw but due to the longer shift it feels very similar to standard. I got the shift out of a mk1 megane for about £10, the shift position just feels so much better than normal but the test will be on track.

Cup In bits

Thought it might have been sold as it was pretty quiet in here. I just re read the thread for some motivation for mine, mine will be very similar inside with the flocked dash, colour and then the ITB's :cool:

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Nope just had other things on so parked it up but did think of selling , hardly used my kart this year either. Going to be working 4 on 4 off next year so hope to get more use out of the toys.