ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girl's reaction's to your RenaultSport?

Re: Girl's reaction's to your Clio sports?

Pretty much no one even notices them, and won't be able to tell a Renaultsport from a Dynamique..

Yup. It's great.

If any female ever says 'What car do you drive?' and your answer is longer than 'Clio' you're instantly a loser. 'Oh no, but it's 2litre and and and it's got anthracite wheels and and and the cup pack that makes it much better and and and...' = Loser.

Yup. It's great.

If any female ever says 'What car do you drive?' and your answer is longer than 'Clio' you're instantly a loser. 'Oh no, but it's 2litre and and and it's got anthracite wheels and and and the cup pack that makes it much better and and and...' = Loser.

Lol, spot on.

My mate has it made. Girl asks him what car he drives, his response "A Porsche". Leaves out the 944 part, haha.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Sam couldn't care less about it tbh. For her, it's just a box on wheels that transports me half the country every 2 weeks to see her.

Other girls just see it as a red clio. That is until they see the 'Trophy' logo. That sends them weak at the knees, as they know I must be special.

Evo 5 RS

Shouldn't really give a crap what people think, it's half the fun saying a Clio. Plus even if it was circa 300bhp and a pure animal majority wouldn't care. They see 4 seats, colour, a steering wheel and the badge on the front.

Bang for buck for gush points would be an old E36 320

s**t car, but they'll take more notice

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I couldn't give a s**t what anyone thinks about my car TBQFH

My Mrs loves my car anyway, which she would as it's gay.

Listerine & Poledo
In all fairness, the missues sees M3's, RS Foci, V6 Clios and VXRs as "boy racer / chav cars".

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Bird loves my car. She even said she missed the buckets and harnesses when i took them out for the winter. Lol!

RB 182

Bang for buck for gush points would be an old E36 320

s**t car, but they'll take more notice

Do you really think so? My girlfriend would just think i was a gyppo if bought one of them. She doesn't like the Clio much but least its not really old.

They are all over the Audi's and Beemers but not the ancient ones.

My O/H seems to have no opinion, says she likes the colour and that's about it! She has a yellow beetle and thinks VW is the only worthwhile manufacturer of cars on earth.

She bleats on, I "drop a cog" all is well :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Do you really think so? My girlfriend would just think i was a gyppo if bought one of them.

Lol, snap. In fact, before getting the clio I was looking at a 328i. She called it a 'pikey's car'.

The denial about the image will go on for a LONG time though. There will also be a much slower take up for the 197/200, as most on here have spent their lives saying how s**t they are, so actually they cant migrate over even though they want to, as they know it will make them look like a hypocrite. So actually they are stuck with a 172/182 to save face...

A big factor there is also price. Most of the Tobys driving around in beaten up old 172s spend most of their earnings on preposterous insurance premiums. That doesn't leave them much of a budget to be able to stretch to a 200. Put simply, most people on here (but not all) who don't like the 197/200, simply can't afford to buy and run one. It's all about the hardcore 172Cup IIRC. Hardcore meaning cheap, old French hatch. IMO.

Listerine & Poledo

It's all about the hardcore 172Cup IIRC. Hardcore meaning cheap, old French hatch. IMO.
<BR><BR>Provided it cant get over a speed bump without losing its Fabia splitter, and has an exhaust even Vin Diesel would be embarrased by<BR><BR>
Lol, snap. In fact, before getting the clio I was looking at a 328i. She called it a 'pikey's car'.
<BR><BR>She knows

Yup. It's great.

Agreed. Pretty inconspicuous for the performance and enjoyment. I would always say "a Renault Clio" if anyone asked what I drove. In the same way as I now say "a Ford Focus".

Makes me smile when I see people on here saying that everyone wants to race them in their 182. Yeah course they do. Needtec kicked in!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol too easy! ;)

P.s. Even Gally fell for it! Lol

In truth I couldn't care if people think what I drive is horrible/gay/family orientated, 313bhp and 272lb/ft of torque from N/A with a great chassis is what makes me happy!

You hardly moved to a Picasso but if she did convince you to change then you could have bought a mustange and you'd still be ghey!

172 cup
My gf loved the Megane 230 (it was LY). But doesnt like the clio much. She has told me my next car can be a Megane again though (which was how it was going to be anyway).

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I took my cup spoiler of yesterday, and replaced it with its origional, told the misses and she said

whats the difference...

i was heart broken

Clio 197 RB
My girlfriend loves my RB 182 cup, she even likes my white wheels.
But she wished they I never got rid of my R26.
Was a bit nicer inside. But I suppose it's the poverty spec seats that let it down!

RB 182
My girlfriend loves my RB 182 cup, she even likes my white wheels.
But she wished they I never got rid of my R26.
Was a bit nicer inside. But I suppose it's the poverty spec seats that let it down!

For me its mainly the comedy-sized melting steering wheel and fisher price dashboard.

Insignia SRi
I remember the day i picked mine up from Mountune, we went out that night and i gave it a bit of a boot down the road, big bang and pop between gear changes and clearly much quicker than when she was last in it the day before and all i got was:

"why's it loud and sounds broken?" tit!!!

172 cup
R26 is a good compromise. Women love the little gadgets like keyless start, electric folding mirrors, climate control and cruise control along with the recaros. It also offers great performance!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember the day i picked mine up from Mountune, we went out that night and i gave it a bit of a boot down the road, big bang and pop between gear changes and clearly much quicker than when she was last in it the day before and all i got was:

"why's it loud and sounds broken?" tit!!!

FPMSL! My missus' face after fitting a decat was one of confusion.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Women love the little gadgets like keyless start, electric folding mirrors, climate control and cruise control along with the recaros.

Haha, this is true!

'So you're driving, without using your feet?!'

1eight2
Usually tell her what car is it then show her a picture and she starts foaming at the gash.

Then she sees my real car and gets back in the taxi home...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
never had a bird comment on most of my cars, a few of them liked the silver 172 as it was pretty new and imaculate at the time.

birds love the GT though, most ask if they can press the start button lol