ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corsa vxr

MKIII 138
are we on the moon ?

that thing looks too futuristic just like the new CTR there will be a time for those shapes but not until the year 2220

Mk4 .:R32
corsa VXRs are 189 bhp with a 1.6 turbo lump. Prob a fraction of a second quicker than a 182 in a straight line

I would much rather have an astra VXR as well. Look better, and obviously more power. But I understand why people associate them with being "chav". I think I might just get a monaro vxr

Audi TT 225
lol too harsh!
wish I hadn't watched the vid tho, thats a minute or two of my life I'll never get back :(

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but I like my mates Astra SRi turbo. The older one (think it's an 03 reg). They new range are much improved though. Would mind a blast in an astra VXR, not sure they would let me as I'm only 19

Have Vauxhall figured out , how to make a car turn ?

I'll have a test drive when it comes out but I guess I'll get a lot of the following

1)FlyWheel Effect
2)Massive Ammounts of Torque Steer
3)Overlight Steering
4)Over-Servoed Brakes

Last edited:
Sat in one at the weekend. They look sh1t hot from the outside. The only nice bit on the inside is the leather recaros. The air con dials look weird

Like I said , it looks like someone , stuck superglue to a corsa and drove it through halfords or pep boys

Last edited:
seen a few chavs with the new corsa already, not the vxr though.

in my opinion the vxr looks like its got a tacky bodykit on it to begin with, let alone after some chav gets there hands on it

MKIII 138
are we on the moon ?

that thing looks too futuristic just like the new CTR there will be a time for those shapes but not until the year 2220

so bitter.

no, just trying to find an acurate description of what is joe six pack targeted marketing. if someone thinks it looks good then fine, i think it looks ok too ive mentioned that fact !
just saying its styled way too OTT and futuristic just like a childrens toy aimed at people with more child like brains.

btw when people say the vxr has 240bhp and is mad, well yes but the megane has 230bhp`ish and is lighter and thats got great traction and limited torque steer as it has advanced well designed front suspension.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The Corsa VXR looks great imo. A bit weedy on the standard 16s but looks the dogs on the optional 18s. That would batter the acceleration obviously, but hey-ho.

I don't really understand the Vauxhall 'bashing'. What, like Renault's much better? I'm sure if the Giro-pikeys could get their mitts on an RS Clio rather than an old Corsa SRi, they certainly would do.

D.

R

rich[182]

What Car and EVO have the new Cooper S and the Corsa VXR both ahead of the 197 in almost everything
Some of the split times in 3rd and 4th have the 197 being minced by both of them

who votes they bring another clio sport out, same as the new one but with a meggy 225 engine in it? Lets start a petition to send to Renault.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i tihkn it looks ok but like everytihng all coems down to personal preference. i am sure it will look better in the flesh.

but i still don't think i would want one, but thta is just me tbh. :)

What and sticking on fake air vents in the arches of the 197 isn't chav detailing?

How about the diffuser on the 197, its still pants on that lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What and sticking on fake air vents in the arches of the 197 isn't chav detailing?

How about the diffuser on the 197, its still pants on that lol.

But neither are fake.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Formula 1-derived aerodynamics [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The aerodynamics of New Clio Renaultsport 197 have benefited from extensive development work. In addition to front wing extractor vents, the new car features a groundbreaking first for this type of vehicle in the form of a rear air diffuser.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Air diffuser: racing technology[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Both visually and technologically, New Clio Renaultsport's most striking technological innovation lies in the design of the rear bumper which incorporates an air diffuser. Derived from Formula 1, this feature has only ever previously been seen on range-topping, high-priced sports cars. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The diffuser's purpose is to prevent rear-end lift and maintain stability at high speed by channelling air flow in such a way to increase the suction effect. The radius of the diffuser's curve is engineered to create a zone of low pressure beneath the car.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The downforce generated by the diffuser means there is no need for a rear spoiler to counter the phenomenon of lift. For optimal stability, the system reduces lift by a factor of three and produces the equivalent of 40kg of rear downforce at very high speeds without (on track) detracting from the car's carefully honed aerodynamics designed to achieve a low CdA.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To maximise the diffuser’s effectiveness, the flush-fitted dual exhausts are housed within the outer channels. Positioned in this way, they do not interfere with the efficiency of the aerodynamics.
Extractor vents for optimised performance
The front wing extractor vents also have an aerodynamic function
by reducing turbulence to optimise the car's drag coefficient. The extractor vents facilitate both the flow and hot air from under the bonnet. At the same time, the vents direct air flow along the sides of the car to further enhance performance.
New Clio Renaultsport 197 also comes with a specific bumper and grille, as well as a semi-rigid aerodynamic splitter which restricts the amount of air that passes underneath the car.
[/FONT]

Last edited: