ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corsa vxr

What and sticking on fake air vents in the arches of the 197 isn't chav detailing?

How about the diffuser on the 197, its still pants on that lol.

But neither are fake.

Both are pointless and there to add drama to the car. Why stick a diffuser on when a roof spoiler will do the same job, and imo the drag will be negliable. Its all about marketing and selling cars at the end of the day, by tieing into a dubious link to F1 success.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Listen holmes, all i said was it wasnt fake.

Im not going to enter into a debate on the need to have them. ;)

But i will say this, if it was about marketing and selling cars then it might of had a fake diffuser, fake vents, a center exit exhaust and blue calipers that despite being blue arent any better for it.

Oh and possibly 19's or something that looks nice and sells cars.

Listen holmes, all i said was it wasnt fake.

Im not going to enter into a debate on the need to have them. ;)

But i will say this, if it was about marketing and selling cars then it might of had a fake diffuser, fake vents, a center exit exhaust and blue calipers that despite being blue arent any better for it.

Oh and possibly 19's or something that looks nice and sells cars.

PMSL! good point!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
pus i thought this thread was about the vxr not the 197 ralph?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL the fabled 197 cup has a hard act to follow.

(tbh if it dont shed 150kg minimum its just going to be a badged up cheapo wagon)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh i find the rear diffuser quite beneficial. especially in hurricane condtions when the level of downforce is increased.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i think vauxhall should consider a rear diffuser. the benfits are considerable.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i think vauxhall should consider a rear diffuser. the benfits are considerable.

They did! check out the back.

2519-03.jpg

Dear god thats gash.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
does it have the same performance enhancing properties as the 197?

does the triangular exhaust allow a more free flowing air passage? or is it a tirangle so it is stronger?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Neither, they just made it look nice.
(well GM Europe's definition of nice, clearly they consulted tim westwood)

Tim says:

"Thats hotter than a toaster straight outta Compton baaaaaabbbyyyy drop the bomb!!!!

Big dog out!!" (explosion sound effect)

tim.jpg

R

rich[182]

The VXR is quicker than the 197 in everything, except 0-60 approx same.
LOL at the Vauxhall bashers, If Renault released a turbo'd 197 that basically meant a £300 remap = 240bhp and masses of torque @ 2000rpm the forum would be in raptures, but because its a Vauxhall it's s**t
Face it, it's quicker than the 197, end of. Get over it
Mid range split times it trounces it

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
rich[182];2699618 said:
LOL at the Vauxhall bashers, If Renault released a turbo'd 197 that basically meant a £300 remap = 240bhp and masses of torque @ 2000rpm the forum would be in raptures, but because its a Vauxhall it's s**t

Its a vauxhall and its s**t.

Get over it.
I couldnt give a flying f**k if its quicker in the gears or has more torque.
It looks like it does and its shamefull. I wasnt even impressed with the drive.

RB 200 Cup!
getting the opinion you really dont like them then tom!

tbh who gives a s**t which is quickest etc etc - theres always gonna be someone with a faster car - buy the car cos you like it and f**k everyone else whether they say corsa is better or 197 or 182 whatever

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
rich[182];2699618 said:

Its a vauxhall and its s**t.

Get over it.
I couldnt give a flying f**k if its quicker in the gears or has more torque.
It looks like it does and its shamefull. I wasnt even impressed with the drive.

LOL - that's constructive!

So despite my burning hatred of the accessorised fleets of Golf GTi's that trawl the roads, would I still claim that all VWs are sh1t?

Hardly. I'd have respect for VWs where respect was clearly due.

Bit of a black & white view there, Tom.

D.

R

rich[182]

lol @ the fickleness on these forums these days

I'm not bothered which is quickest tbh, just making the point, theres no review yet that's not given it the thumbs up, I've never seen a group test review of the 197 that put the 197 1st, build quality of Vauxhall is much better than Renault, even our fleet cars at work which are entry level Astras's are far better than even the Megane let alone Clio's

If the 197 beat all comers purely on performance but looked crap, there'd still be the masses on here that would be singing it's praises and not taking much else into account, if Renault ever do a turbo'd 197 there'd be people on here having orgasm's even if they chavved it up from factory like the VXR, but because it's Renault people would turn a blind eye, for same reasons because it's a Vauxhall it's deemed s**t

Guess some people just hate Vauxhall, that's the same as the so called badge snobbery when claiming the sun shines out of BMW's arse, it's just a b&w view based on a badge