ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ClioSport Festival 2024 *Save The Date*

What track configurations would you prefer?

• Club Circuit (0.8 miles) Afternoon session

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It’s in the calendar, been 10 years since the last one I went to!

Will likely camp, speaking to others who went last year it seems a bit of faff getting taxis right?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It’s in the calendar, been 10 years since the last one I went to!

Will likely camp, speaking to others who went last year it seems a bit of faff getting taxis right?
Yeah I tried phoning a few to take us up the road to ours and we couldn't get one!!

Back to the mainland was fine though

Genuinely might be a good idea to see if any none drinkers would be up for doing lifts for money!

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I tried phoning a few to take us up the road to ours and we couldn't get one!!

Back to the mainland was fine though

Genuinely might be a good idea to see if any none drinkers would be up for doing lifts for money!

I was thinking this, or could we hire a local cabby for the night and sort the journeys with them.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
We'd have to give the chef at that Indian/Pub enough time to change out of his chef whites and into his taxi driver gear. He'll need to chuck his beaded seat cover in the car and that as well.
Just re-read that and it just sounds like I'm being very stereotypical/racist but the local taxi rank that we tried ringing, according to Google, were actually based at the pub/Indian that we went to 😂

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Between @Sunglasses_Ron - @Nik and myself, we're looking at bringing the “Hot Lap - Passenger Rides” back after how successful they were this year 😄

The car itself took the Clio Cup Championship in 2019 and we lead the way in the Britcar Endurance Championship this year, ending as Vice Champions so it’s safe to say it comes with a strong race winning history.

Spec - Factory Clio x98 Cup Racer - 250bhp sealed M5Mt engine, Sadev 6 speed sequential box mated via an AP Racing clutch. Sealed Cosworth SQ7DI race ECU, PFC brakes and some sticky rubber.
220A0810 (1).jpgIMG_4602.jpegIMG_2510.jpeg

This year was more of a trial run for us than anything, we were flat out all day so if the demand is there again, we can potentially bring our second car along…

_b3_0019.jpeg

…so I guess the questions remains

Hot laps with both cars nose to tail? Or Hot Laps and the potential to drive one of the cars?

Would you agree it’s fair for us to raise the donation amount?

We requested a £20 donation per passenger this year and the majority agreed we were selling it short, I’d like to raise the donation amount for 2024 to a minimum of £30 for the passenger rides, potentially £40 🙏

Every penny of your donation goes to the clubs selected charity, with track time and team fees covered by myself so there’s zero expense for the organisers.

Feedback would be great. We’re very keen to smash this years figure out of the park.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
My preference would be a passanger ride and option to drive a few laps myself. Would be good to see the difference between a proper driver and an amateur.

Although to be honest having not done a track day before I'd be happy to take something less track focused out if that could be a totally separate option.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Id pay £100 to drive a few laps.

This is just my personal take on it Filters but;

At 20-30 quid it falls into the no brainer category, more and people might think on it too much. There will be a natural break even point where you make the same amount of money with a higher price and fewer passenger laps and I suspect that will be around the £40 mark. It may well be advantageous for you to up the price to £40 (or more) and do fewer laps, less wear and tear on the car, less fuel etc, but also might be a more relaxed day for you!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If you were to offer people the opportunity to have a drive I would also suggest that these be prebooked on here before the event as it gives you a chance to schedule your day and also to vet the drivers to avoid potential field mowering experience.

I say this because I think you will tell people to f**k off more politely via PM than in person. Not sure why I think that? 🤷‍♂️

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with @Touring_Rob on this.

In my head I had £150 for a few passanger laps then over to a car to do some as the driver.

£20 felt like great value for money on the day, £30 would be a no brainier and £40 would be where I'd start thinking about it personally.

That said if I believed in the charity I'd probably just do it anyway and it might calm your day a little. But then it's a great experience I'd like to think remained open to everyone and not let the day run away with things price wise.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
If the car was available for self drive laps, it would be booked out for the entirety of the day! :ROFLMAO:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Id pay £100 to drive a few laps.

This is just my personal take on it Filters but;

At 20-30 quid it falls into the no brainer category, more and people might think on it too much. There will be a natural break even point where you make the same amount of money with a higher price and fewer passenger laps and I suspect that will be around the £40 mark. It may well be advantageous for you to up the price to £40 (or more) and do fewer laps, less wear and tear on the car, less fuel etc, but also might be a more relaxed day for you!

Letting as many folk experience a bit of fun/terror while raising the total figure for the chosen charity is what it's all about. £30 would help do that and I think the less time on track means less folk get to have a laugh with us too so, well stick to £30 (y) hopefully everyone else thinks it's a no brainer at that figure.

Would certainly have to vet the drivers. Case in point, Blue 197 driver that was lethal to those around him - also @G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz are pre-banned :ROFLMAO:

If we were to allow folk to take the car out, they'd need to meet the rules of the circuit EG extra driver pass purchase/driver booked on in their own car/attend briefing. So we would have some work to do there no doubt as well as many other things we'd need to sort.

I'm with @Touring_Rob on this.

In my head I had £150 for a few passanger laps then over to a car to do some as the driver.

£20 felt like great value for money on the day, £30 would be a no brainier and £40 would be where I'd start thinking about it personally.

That said if I believed in the charity I'd probably just do it anyway and it might calm your day a little. But then it's a great experience I'd like to think remained open to everyone and not let the day run away with things price wise.

That's probably around where we'd have to price it driving wise tbf, would be a lot of leg work to make it happen but it's a possibility.
Even if it is just bumper to bumper passenger laps with both cars, I'd like people to feel they were still getting value for money while supporting a good cause 👌

If the car was available for self drive laps, it would be booked out for the entirety of the day! :ROFLMAO:
I don't see that as a problem myself 🤷‍♂️😂

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’d echo much of this. I missed last year but had a passenger lap at Blyton the previous year. I’d certainly take the opportunity next year too. £40 would still be value for money and give the charity a boost.
I’d also pay to drive a proper race car too. That’s not an opportunity that comes around often.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
£30 is still within the reach for all people financially and if it still raises a good amount then that might be the sweet spot

I don't think letting some people loose in it would be a good idea, I can think of a handful of people on here that are 'proper' drivers. Some people can drive well but there's too many ifs and buts and it only takes one plank to ruin it for everyone

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
£30 is still within the reach for all people financially and if it still raises a good amount then that might be the sweet spot

I don't think letting some people loose in it would be a good idea, I can think of a handful of people on here that are 'proper' drivers. Some people can drive well but there's too many ifs and buts and it only takes one plank to ruin it for everyone
Just tag me next time mate x

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is there any chance there could be a proper trackside photographer next year? I know it's another expense that might bump the price up slightly, but I would've loved some professional photos of my Clio on track!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Rob Baxter please if he's available. Well worth the coin.
I'd pay more for the tracktime

No passenger laps for me as I'm an absolute s**t bag of a passenger, but I'd be 100% up to drive a session in the X98 @Filters whatever the cost. Only if I pass the vetting process of course (y)