ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 The CSF 2023 Picture & Video Thread

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
It’s a quick car! I was convinced it had a K20, it was going that well.
Was only in the higher gears where the Megane would pull on it.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
That made me laugh Mark haha, I forget who I had in the car when I nearly went grass cutting @Cookie?

That was my absolute favourite session of the day. Can't wait to get back after a few upgrades - would be interesting if you were on more track focused tyres I think, your corner exit speed is miles better than mine already.

Thanks for the great videos mate.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
That made me laugh Mark haha, I forget who I had in the car when I nearly went grass cutting @Cookie?

That was my absolute favourite session of the day. Can't wait to get back after a few upgrades - would be interesting if you were on more track focused tyres I think, your corner exit speed is miles better than mine already.

If it was your last session of the day it wasn't me

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

From watching the couple of sessions I've edited so far, it's really obvious to see how patient you have to be on the throttle when exiting...I tend to be full power at the apex if not just before and it seems like you have to wait until the exit kerb before you've got the taps fully open. Once I'm past and looking back, that shows as I gap you coming out of every turn 😘

As for more track focused tyres, technically I have some already on my 18s, exact same tyre, but 30mm wider at each corner...but after August, Bedford and Anglesey on the thinner 17s, I'm in no rush to fit the 18s again.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
From watching the couple of sessions I've edited so far, it's really obvious to see how patient you have to be on the throttle when exiting...I tend to be full power at the apex if not just before and it seems like you have to wait until the exit kerb before you've got the taps fully open. Once I'm past and looking back, that shows as I gap you coming out of every turn 😘

As for more track focused tyres, technically I have some already on my 18s, exact same tyre, but 30mm wider at each corner...but after August, Bedford and Anglesey on the thinner 17s, I'm in no rush to fit the 18s again.
Yes the mini spins up the inside wheel really easily on corners, its properly boring in the rain. One of the things I would love to do (if I keep it) and especially after being a passenger in @The Crumb Master's car is fit a decent diff! You were rocketing away from me out of corners and were generally much tidier, I enjoy following you but got frustrated watching to slip away.

Diff, better tyres, better pads, brake cooling ducts and a rear anti roll bar and I think it would be quite a tool. I recon you would be amazed at the difference between good road tyres and something more track, I'm keen on AR1's next time round. Not only are they faster (everywhere) but they don't overheat so quickly so 4-5 lap sessions before cooling off can easily turn into 10.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Yes the mini spins up the inside wheel really easily on corners, its properly boring in the rain. One of the things I would love to do (if I keep it) and especially after being a passenger in @The Crumb Master's car is fit a decent diff! You were rocketing away from me out of corners and were generally much tidier, I enjoy following you but got frustrated watching to slip away.

Diff, better tyres, better pads, brake cooling ducts and a rear anti roll bar and I think it would be quite a tool. I recon you would be amazed at the difference between good road tyres and something more track, I'm keen on AR1's next time round. Not only are they faster (everywhere) but they don't overheat so quickly so 4-5 lap sessions before cooling off can easily turn into 10.
A nice blackline is budget friendly for the mini boxes, certainly helps put the power down out of the corners. helps pushing the braking a bit further without the abs intruding.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
A nice blackline is budget friendly for the mini boxes, certainly helps put the power down out of the corners. helps pushing the braking a bit further without the abs intruding.
Thank Joe, was thinking either blackline or a used gripper if I can find one. Was so impressed by the one in Dans white Clio.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Thank Joe, was thinking either blackline or a used gripper if I can find one. Was so impressed by the one in Dans white Clio.
i guess the benefit of the gripper over the blackline being 5:1 is 5*0 is still 0 traction :LOL:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I'm rattling through these pretty quickly now, next up is @Brigsy looking exceptional :cool:

Two more from this session over the next couple or three days, the first is another 4-way gentlemen's club love-in, and then the last will be my cool-down turning into one more hot lap when @The Crumb Master appeared at Peel.

Looking forward to more gentleman’s club footage Mark. I’ve even sorted out the smoke issue now! Which ultimately could’ve killed me! (Failed drop link)

I am going to take a look at my engine mounts at some point, based on the comments. I know the transmission mount is well past it’s best so I suspect the rest are goosed. Cheap as well….not!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to more gentleman’s club footage Mark. I’ve even sorted out the smoke issue now! Which ultimately could’ve killed me! (Failed drop link)

I am going to take a look at my engine mounts at some point, based on the comments. I know the transmission mount is well past it’s best so I suspect the rest are goosed. Cheap as well….not!

Drop link? Explain plsthx.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Drop link? Explain plsthx.
Sooo, As you probably remember I was in a rush to get the car lowered for CSF. As part of the lowering process to remove the shocks you need to remove the drop links on the front as they pass through a tab on the shock itself and squeeze the hub knuckles to hold the strut in place. My droplinks were absolutely seized solid (steel drooling through alloy hub and near 15years of salted roads) the lock bolt could be removed but no amount of heat and hammering budged them. So I ordered some more and planned to remove differently (cut the f*****s) after CSF. As a result torqued it all back up and off I went…however ! What I didn’t know is (filling in some blanks) that I must have damaged the thread on the drop link. So under load the nut slipped removing tension on the hub as a result of the loading and weight the stut slipped a couple of mm. Before resting on a securing tab. However under proper hard cornering load the spring perch was just contacting the tyre. Hence burning rubber! Car drove fine no knocks or bangs and got back from CSF. The next weekend however I drove the car over a speed bump which then bent the last securing tab and the strut slipped further meaning the spring perch was resting on the tyre! Not good!

I’ve since repaired, new droplink in and the replacement shocks are from a 987.2 model which funnily enough have a Separate lock collar so this can’t happen. Presuming it may have been a common issue. Which is giving me hope that it wasn’t my monkey like spannering! I’ll be sorting the passenger side this weekend and then updating the build thread

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Excellent footage @MarkCup

Definitely need to look at suspension setup on the Kangoo, found it hard to pedal it, but had mega fun for first use in anger!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here we go, session from the end of the day with @SharkyUK as passenger, a smoky @Call Me Dangerous Dave , @Sir_Dave , @Touring_Rob , and also featuring @Filters

I've got to add some chapters, video description, tags, and sort out the default thumbnail ahead of its official release Sunday lunchtime so bear with me...but it's up and viewable now. Quality will improve once YouTube sorts its sh*t out.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Here we go, session from the end of the day with @SharkyUK as passenger, a smoky @Call Me Dangerous Dave , @Sir_Dave , @Touring_Rob , and also featuring @Filters

I've got to add some chapters, video description, tags, and sort out the default thumbnail ahead of its official release Sunday lunchtime so bear with me...but it's up and viewable now. Quality will improve once YouTube sorts its sh*t out.

My name is Russ, but it’s just easier to call me Dave.

That was the absolute best session, just fantastic fun. Need to get a date in the diary for another gentleman’s club foray!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Few highlights from the day.

Featuring:
@Filters (not driving i dont think)
Think you're right there mate, sadly don't remember being on track at the same time as you. In fact I don't remember seeing you once all weekend, did we speak at all?!

Why do I feel guilty for jumping in on the gentlemans club 😅 almost like bringing a gun to a fist fight.
Top day though chaps, have had CSF blues a few times since. The standard of driving was exceptional.

Already looking forward to next year and have plans in motion.
Throwing it out there, what would folk be willing to pay to drive our X98 for say, 8-10 laps with full tuition?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Think you're right there mate, sadly don't remember being on track at the same time as you. In fact I don't remember seeing you once all weekend, did we speak at all?!

Why do I feel guilty for jumping in on the gentlemans club 😅 almost like bringing a gun to a fist fight.
Top day though chaps, have had CSF blues a few times since. The standard of driving was exceptional.

Throwing it out there, what would folk be willing to pay to drive our X98 for say, 8-10 laps with full tuition?
That would be super cool.

I think you have to work out what it costs you in tyres/fuel/wear and then go from there surely?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

I'd be well up for that, would 100% be claiming that £1k when I get it more than 2ft though

Didn't think it was you driving. Didn't see many people really mate, kept myself to myself as usual. I'm an unsociable c**t really.

Whatever it takes where you don't lose money and are covered for any mishaps. £100...£200 I'd pay it for a 8-10 lap session 100% 👌