ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy or 182 ff?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Im so undecided! The only thing stopping me getting a Trophy is the lack of xenons, but also why are they so different in price compared to the 182? I know, I should know this :eek: And yes, I can always retro fit the xenons.

I'd love a BG 182, but finding one under 60k seems a tall order down south :( Seen a LY 182, but not sure its for me.

My other half will sell his Mito so we should be able to get a good 182, question is ... which one!?

The idea is for the 182 to be our joint daily, so needs to me standard ish. (Still all mine though :eek:)

Help please!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Trophy is a cup with recaros and nice suspension. With that I mean it has a crap rear bench, door cards and lack of xenons.... That wouldnt bother me, but could it you??. Also with it bring a cup does it have RS sill plates and climate? (not sure)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Fancy suspension, seats and spoiler, aircon but no climate control

Xenons arnt that great imo.. Will be the last thing I fit to my cup, thats if I decide to

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers Gaz, im only bothered about the lack of xenons, but they can be fitted so not so much of an issue.

Not sure on the climate

Clio 197
I recently got myself a 182 and compared to ALL my previous cars (including a cup) - the night visibility is by far the best in the 182 purely down to the Xenons, i love them! (plus the auto feature is pretty cool)

RB 182 195bhp
Trophy is worth more because its a limited edition at the end of the day. There were only 500, so it's pretty rare where as ff's aren't so. It has better suspension, nice seats and is exclusive. It's the same with 306's, gti6 is worth very little but a rallye is worth about half as much again, and the only difference is a cloth interior and no a/c. Also resale might not bother you, but IMO 182's are on the down fall in prices, trophy s seem to be falling to but I bet they will be worth more in years to come

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Trophy all day long and xenons are a nightmare i blew 2 ballast packs when i had my BG 182 and ive got some ultra blue lights for my cup £9 of ebay...Job done :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Don't want one over 60k, I'd hate it. (Not Jon G's, that is a minter)

Milage is a massive issue for me

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Buy whatever you can afford... you sold the mk3 to save money, remember ? ;)

Buy Jon.G's Trophy.

It's one of the best ones around, and from a detailing point of view, like yours, you'd love it.

Oh no ..

I'd have to block her then as I could not cope with a new media thread every week entitled "Still haven't had to polish the car".

renault clio 182
Tbh, I'd rather buy a 182 Trophy as they seem to hold their value well.

You've answered your own question there then lol

In my opinion I'd love a trophy got a FF the now but want one for next car but price difference is crazy for difference in cars

330i. E30 Touring.
182 ff is better value for money. Trophy is over rated imo. Suspension is to firm for day to day on our roads I found too. Parts bin special. They are not holding value well at all either.

Still much better than a standard 182!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing stopping u is the xenons? Retro fit them? Not exactly a show stopper?

You buy a 1.2, you take sh1t.
You join Cliosport, you take more sh1t.
Your post count gets a little higher, you take less sh1t.
Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere of Trophy ownership and you've forgotten what sh1t even looks like.
Welcome to the layer cake.

A-f*cking-men.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Are you buying to enjoy driving or just because it might be a special edition and people get a hard on when the word 'Trophy' is said after the word 'Clio'?

If its the former, save yourself a packet, buy a 182 Cup or, even better, a 172 Cup with good history, (because mileage means sweet f**k all if it has a FSH) and just enjoy.

All this debate over French s**t boxes that may or may not have xenons really is laughable sometimes.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Ive no idea why I don't like high milage cars, been like it ever since my first clio! Wish I could get over it!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ive no idea why I don't like high milage cars, been like it ever since my first clio! Wish I could get over it!

I'd put money on my 77k 172 Cup being in better condition, externally and mechanically, than one on half that mileage.