ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy or 182 ff?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a Trophy, if you don't like it sell it when the sun has come out to play again and you might even make money.

Then you can buy a FF, say you've owned a Trophy, and you're no worse off.

Jon's is the winner for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi Ollister!

Anyway it's much of muchness. I lovevthe Trophy and you'll love working with the colour Dawn. Very rewarding.

You only have to read Jon's advert to see hoe well it's been looked after. It's had the 2 biggest jobs done within the last 12 months. I'd buy it if he wanted mine ffs!

You can see it's history on the forum also. You'll buy a low mileage one, pay more and end up with more problems.

Buy Jon's. Go on holiday or buy curtains for the house with the change.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Yes i know, but im prepared to take the gamble. Im not steaming into this one.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I would have offered you my RB 182ff but it has rocket ship mileage :eek: :D................ 89k

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just having a read of the thread and all I keep seeing is buy Jons trophy as its mint. I've no doubt it is but If dawn doesn't want anything above xyz mileage then that's her choice. I don't like to buy high mileage cars and touch wood never had any issues. But to keep harping on about it and turning it into a witch hunt is beyond f£&king stupid.

renault clio 182
I'm the same only ever buy low millage cars don't know why just don't want a car with high millage when comes too selling on with miles you've done in it plus the value down..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
People who say high mileage is for winners are people who want lower mileage ones otherwise they wouldn't keep annoyingly banging on about it.

keo

Clio Trophy
My trophy is on 47k, sachs re built this year, pro speed exhaust its quiet I didnt want a boy racer style one. Cambelt/ aux done 2 years ago. So all known faults/ maintence has been done. I have been thinking about selling it latley so what would it be worth?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
My trophy is on 47k, sachs re built this year, pro speed exhaust its quiet I didnt want a boy racer style one. Cambelt/ aux done 2 years ago. So all known faults/ maintence has been done. I have been thinking about selling it latley so what would it be worth?

If its within dawns budget pm her

My 130k lcr was much more reliable than the 60k one I had before hand. And half of the lower mileage clios I have in I'm pulling to pieces due to having bad work/wrong parts fitted.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've not been on line much but didn't you sell the 197 to down size and save money? I'm guessing if you buy a sub 60k trophy you're not going to have that much pocket money left over to play with?

Titanium 182
Can't believe no ones mentioned mines for sale and its a minter to. It's not just Jon on here who as a minter (Not stealing the limelight Jon :) )

I've not been on line much but didn't you sell the 197 to down size and save money? I'm guessing if you buy a sub 60k trophy you're not going to have that much pocket money left over to play with?

I was thinking the same Jim.

If I was down-sizing to save money, a £2000 172 would be the bet.

Unless the real reason was the 197 was s**t? Ha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at this thread. I think Dawn has done this all wrong. Instead of telling people what she was after, maybe she should have but a poll up and everyone discussed pro's and cons of higher vs lower milage cars. Funny enough i was going to comment on the possibility Dawn didnt like the 197 and it was a good excuse to get rid.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I gave up a long time ago trying to get into the midset of a Female.

She's mental. My Frp was on 104k... There wasn't a better example for sale at the time, 54k, 86k and a few others. But hey, you already know the facts Dawn but mileage on the brain.

work for BMW
Saving money being the reason you sold the 197 surely a trophy is too expensive? why not get a mint 172 again or stretch 3-3.5 for a 182

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
But does it really matter what you, me, the guy next door thinks? She knows what she wants, end of. Seriously guys just let it drop.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
People are providing valuable points and opinion yet you're knocking them. It's a forum. The clues in the name.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
She's after a sub 60k car and people keep banging on about higher milage cars being better (most of the time). She put a wanted thread up, if she wanted it to be a discussion it wouldnt be in this section? Being a 'forum' there are plenty of relevant sections to pick from.

Lol. It's in clio discussion currently. I fail to see the logic tbh, might be being made redundant so needs to free up cash. Sells 197, buys trophy for same price. How about just buy a snotter for £500 that will get you around?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers Dan.

I did state in my first post that the bf will be selling the Mito too. Hence we can get a better choice of 182. Trophy.